343 replies to this topic

#321 Rippthrough

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:38 AM

View PostWispsy, on 08 February 2013 - 07:58 PM, said:

Wispsy runs up to E5 and...

...dies to a gauss in the arse because he shot his teamates leg off at the start of the match for laughs.

#322 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:57 AM

View PostJyi, on 07 February 2013 - 06:02 PM, said:

Kerenskys.. Kerenskys everywhere..

I just have one question: have you ever heard of condoms?

There are only 25 Kerensky's in MechWarrior at anytime. As told in the rememberance, Seyla. ;)

#323 Bounty Dogg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 235 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:16 AM

View Postthemoob, on 08 February 2013 - 12:40 AM, said:

My 3D has a 50 damage pin point alpha AND defence against light mechs (which is lacking with PPCs and a guass).

Of course it depends on playstyle, but I personally feel if you ditch the JJs and throw more weapons in you'll effect the game more, the Cataphract is too much of a beast to be wasted with JJs.

@themoob: this is not a statement against anyone's skill lvl.....but.....Gauss is not a defense against light mechs....if you cant aim ;). If you've got good timing and aim, its a VERY effective defense against lights......also....I like to add an ERPPC to the mix for such things.

#324 Shozen

• PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:07 AM

View Postidle crow, on 09 February 2013 - 03:31 AM, said:

Anyone who played MW4 knows all about jump sniping. I'm glad to see it back into the game. Looking forward to some medium or assault mechs that can do it to.

Shadowcat!

#325 Werewolf486 ScorpS

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSinsinnati Ohio

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:52 AM

Oh joy another group of people who want to complain about a new tactic and scream until that gets nerfed. Poptarts have been around since the beginning of MW. Suck it up and stop the complaining!

"But we can't beat poptarts!" ...'"We haven't figured out how to defeat the evil scourge!"...

How about use cover, flank, don't be dumb enough to stand in the open with no cover (Cover: a building or obstruction you can stand behind to avoid being shot). If you think about it, poptarts have given up something in order to be a paptart and that makes them more vulnerable.

You're having issues with how the game just went from being predictable to not so much.

Before, Frozen City: Both teams generally pull up to the downed ship stand in the open on either side and take pop shots till they kill 2 of the enemy then push, or flank.

Now Frozen City: Both team pull up to the downed ship and stand in the open taking pop shots until they find out the other team has a Poptart who uses the fact that the other team has fools that stand out in the open and PPC's the heck out of them. Caught off gaurd by this new tactic they either spread to the four winds or stand in the same spot IN THE OPEN and get killed by the poptart.

Tactical Change: Stay by or behind a building that provides cover, flank earlier. You should not complain about the game when it's your short comings that cause the issue due to your 1 dimension at a time approach. Poptarts are great to shoot at!

#326 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:56 AM

Werewolf, those complaining are not complaining against something new. But something that was game breaking in the past versions of MW.

Just saying some experienced input is not a bad thing. I haven't played against PopTarts cause I only played PvE in the past. I will find my way to handle this, but I will heed the advice of those who have faced this before.

#327 Shozen

• PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:15 AM

It's all over man. We're dogmeat man. game over.

Instead of cresting a hill and taking a shot. Some people are like jumping a bit to crest a hill and take a shot.

This is unpossible! Mech's have never had Jumpjets before! PGI please do something about the poptartacolypse before someone takes their virtual gi joe's and goes home.

#328 Werewolf486 ScorpS

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSinsinnati Ohio

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:54 AM

Think of this as preparation for the day when the real poptart threat comes, the JJ Nova Cat with cPPC's!

#329 Flapdrol

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

Built my own poptart. It's great fun, especially with speedtweak and pinpoint.

#330 zhaocore

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

While i did not read the entire 16 pages before this post...i would just like to say i find it incredibly fun to jump, alpha, headshot someone, giggle.

;)

#331 RockWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • 125 posts
  • LocationEastern Canada

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

View PostWerewolf486, on 09 February 2013 - 08:52 AM, said:

Oh joy another group of people who want to complain about a new tactic and scream until that gets nerfed. Poptarts have been around since the beginning of MW. Suck it up and stop the complaining!

"But we can't beat poptarts!" ...'"We haven't figured out how to defeat the evil scourge!"...

How about use cover, flank, don't be dumb enough to stand in the open with no cover (Cover: a building or obstruction you can stand behind to avoid being shot). If you think about it, poptarts have given up something in order to be a paptart and that makes them more vulnerable.

You're having issues with how the game just went from being predictable to not so much.

Before, Frozen City: Both teams generally pull up to the downed ship stand in the open on either side and take pop shots till they kill 2 of the enemy then push, or flank.

Now Frozen City: Both team pull up to the downed ship and stand in the open taking pop shots until they find out the other team has a Poptart who uses the fact that the other team has fools that stand out in the open and PPC's the heck out of them. Caught off gaurd by this new tactic they either spread to the four winds or stand in the same spot IN THE OPEN and get killed by the poptart.

Tactical Change: Stay by or behind a building that provides cover, flank earlier. You should not complain about the game when it's your short comings that cause the issue due to your 1 dimension at a time approach. Poptarts are great to shoot at!

This you damn pugs.

#332 Cartman726

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationDurotar

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:48 PM

ugh. On behalf of myself and gaussdragon, I would like to apologize for the horrific attempts at trolling/some pathetic smack talk by our members here at KaoS Legion.

We here at KaoS Legion demand only the highest quality of trolling and or smack talk. The fact this thread has gone on for 17 pages without being moved to off topic is just a prime example of the failure my unit has displayed.

that does it, i'm joining the goons.

oh, ps. to everyone here, "madcuzubad"

#333 New Breed

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:58 PM

View Postidle crow, on 09 February 2013 - 03:31 AM, said:

Anyone who played MW4 knows all about jump sniping. I'm glad to see it back into the game. Looking forward to some medium or assault mechs that can do it to.

uh.. that was a bad thing for MW4. Not sure what game you are talking about..

#334 Z0MBIE Y0SHI

• 1,152 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:03 PM

View PostGhost Bear, on 10 February 2013 - 12:58 PM, said:

I think it was awesome, 3rd person however...

#335 Oderint dum Metuant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

View PostGhost Bear, on 10 February 2013 - 12:58 PM, said:

It was fine in non 3rd person settings.

#336 Skadi

• 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

It's like whackamole, they pop up, I smash the **** out of them before they can go back down.

#337 Denno

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:27 PM

What DV said. Non 3rd person + JJ are heavy and kinda lackluster, you can damage your legs quite easily, takes far more skill than in MW4...don't really see a problem.

#338 JohnoBurr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 294 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:30 PM

View PostCartman726, on 10 February 2013 - 12:48 PM, said:

ugh. On behalf of myself and gaussdragon, I would like to apologize for the horrific attempts at trolling/some pathetic smack talk by our members here at KaoS Legion.

We here at KaoS Legion demand only the highest quality of trolling and or smack talk. The fact this thread has gone on for 17 pages without being moved to off topic is just a prime example of the failure my unit has displayed.

that does it, i'm joining the goons.

oh, ps. to everyone here, "madcuzubad"

You should be ashamed.

#339 Jel

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:31 PM

I see a pattern here.

Waaa! I can't stand out in the open - Guns a'blazing, without getting pummeled by LRMs. Nerf them!

LRMs nerfed by way of ECM.

Waaa! I can't stand out in the open with my ECM D-DC - Guns a'blazing, without getting pummeled by Jump-Snipers. Nerf them!

Edited by Jel, 10 February 2013 - 01:32 PM.

#340 Dirus Nigh

• 2,382 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:33 PM

Poptarting LRM boats are so OP.

60 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 60 guests, 0 anonymous users