#41 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:38 AM

View PostParan01ac, on 12 February 2013 - 12:10 AM, said:

Learn to move around the map and take cover.

All the rockets shot at me are being wasted hitting an obstacle.

You know I hear this so often ... now imagine that there is an LRM boat 600m north of you, LRM boat 600m east of you and LRM boat 600m west of you? Go ahead, hide in your cover, one of the LRM boats will be free to rain on you still. If you think its an unreasonable scenario then consider this ... you fight another mech somewhere in the city. You can not just stand still behind your cover because mech that stands still is a dead mech, so you circle your enemy. If you circle him then you unwillingly leaving your cover all the time enough for LRM boat to tear you apart.

View PostParan01ac, on 12 February 2013 - 12:10 AM, said:

Even when you got caught in the open, you still have time to take cover, LRM damage is not high. Unless of course you are playing slow аss assaults.

Not sure what game you are playing saying LRM damage is 'not high'. Sure, I won't even notice damage done by smth like single LRM-10 on a Centurion or smth, but LRM-10 does not make that Centurion an LRM boat. LRM boat will have smth like x4 LRM-15s or x4 LRM-20s, and thats 108-144 damage (because with Artemis and tag they all hit). 100 damage even to CT is enough to take down anything up to an Awesome in 1 volley.

Currently I don't really mind LRM damage, my problem with them is no spread. IMO there is just no way that many missiles can travel in such a tight space in the air alltogether, let alone be launched at the same exact time from any sort of mech we have right now. Also there is no reasoning behind LRMs doing almost double damage compared to TT while all other weapons do normal damage according to TT values.

If anyone thinks that LRMs are not OP then answer this ...
Before the ECM introduction we had games where everybody was running LRM boats. I've seen 8 vs 8 games with 6-7 LRM boats on EACH side. Now if LRMs weren't OP back then, why everybody used them, huh? And since then, the only thing that changed about LRMs is no RNR patch, so now there is just no reason not to use Artemis, which is just stupid, because Artemis is supposed to be a VERY expensive upgrade which you'll think twice before using it on your mech income-wise.

#42 UnseenFury

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 961 posts
  • LocationСтрана Мечты (Strana Mechty)

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:27 AM

LRMs were OP when I was killing 5-6 Atlai each round (literally) with my Catapult back in closed beta between two patches, Atlas' head hitbox was the whole head and LRMs were making headshots. Was so much **** of Atlai lamers, so much fun.

Your points are valid, but considering how small and bad our maps right now and how all the to go routes and covers are known, LRMs are nothing.

I have Awesome-8T with TAG 2x lrm20s+artemis with 1080 missiles and 2 LLas. You have to have decent positioning and planning skills to make it work and you have to have help from your friends because you are almost dead meat up close.

I played almost 1500 matches since the last reset (2150 kills 335 deaths), LRMs were NEVER a problem for me.

#43 Corvus Antaka

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:52 AM

Im hoping clan LRMS will retain the minimum 180m range even though its not TT, but otherwise we may well see the death of the SSRM

#44 StalaggtIKE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 2,304 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:16 PM

View PostMQ9 Reaper Predator Drone, on 10 February 2013 - 04:02 AM, said:

"This isnt TT everything except for size and weight got changed, things have been changed to fit in the online enviroment like ECM for example"
so before you continue speculating, might aswel wait and see what PGI makes of it

You speak as if that's reassuring. ECM is a cluster****.

Edited by StalaggtIKE, 02 March 2013 - 04:16 PM.

#45 BR0WN_H0RN3T

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 701 posts
  • LocationElysium

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:27 PM

I dunno. I'm personally looking forward to balanced drops based on total CB cost of each team rather than tonnage. Then we might see some fair Clan vs. IS matchups. i.e IS might end up having 12 mechs for every 6-8 Clan mechs or so or much higher average tonnage on IS teams vs. Clan teams.

#46 Rocketlaunch

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 09:10 PM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 07 February 2013 - 12:51 PM, said:

Only thing that prevents LRM boats from dominating the battefield right now is OP ECM. If ECM is getting a nerf it rightfully deserves we won't need Clan LRMs to have nightmare. Regular LRMs will be nightmare enough. Unless more balancing is gonna be done we'll be back to all-LRM teams especially as its really easy for new or 'not-so-skilled' players to be effective in those kind of mechs.

An easy way to counter LRM boats is to take cover behind something (like a building, cliff, or mountain) when they send the rockets at you, and return fire while they're reloading and/or the rockets are beginning to fly at you. An easy way to counter the "OP ECM" is to have an ECM user on your team press "J".

#47 Laserkid

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 160 posts
  • LocationRural Southern Illinois

Posted 04 March 2013 - 04:32 PM

Well, I think it will be simpler they you think to balance Clan LRMs. No Artemis, Tag incompatible and non-ballistic trajectory, cLRMs moving straight to their target be there mountain, small hill, or friendlies in the way ala Mech2.

SOrta forced the clan method of fighting too, out in the open trading shots.

#48 Natasha Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 244 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:22 AM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 12 February 2013 - 05:52 AM, said:

Im hoping clan LRMS will retain the minimum 180m range even though its not TT, but otherwise we may well see the death of the SSRM

What would be the point of Clan LRMs then? Different name? It has to be different somehow.

View PostPeter von Danzig, on 10 February 2013 - 03:23 AM, said:

If you can get clan LRM, getting streak SRM doesn't make much sense to me. The Clan LRM would be the more powerful variant of what PGI made of streak SRM...

LRMs only do half the damage of SRMs (in TT). So SRMs are more weight efficient in TT. Who knows what they are going to do in this game.

#49 Peter Thorndyke IV

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:46 AM

Honestly, i am more worried about one of the Nova Primes crossing my way :rolleyes:
Posted Image

12 ER MEdium Lasers are a scary thing :-)

#50 Mikallo

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • LocationVA

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:03 AM

View Postqultar, on 07 February 2013 - 01:33 PM, said:

also clans used there LRMs as LOS weapons
if that is hard coded into them it will make them less OP
make it so there is almost no arc to them

I'm surprised this hasn't come up yet, but in canon the clans were famous for having limited ammo supplies on most of their mechs (Mad Cat, 1 ton per LRM 20). Who's to say that the developers don't limit the amount of tons per launcher on a mech?

AKA you can rain 120 missiles down in one salvo, but you can only drop the hurricane 7 times a round so you better not screw it up.

#51 Eddrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 1,493 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanyon Lake, TX.

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:18 AM

For one, this is an assumption on IS Mechs being able to use Clan Weapons. Secondly, Clan Streak LRM 20s also exist. Just imagin all 20 missiles having a 100% chance to hit.

Edited by Eddrick, 13 March 2013 - 09:24 AM.

#52 TibsVT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 421 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIronhold (Sydney, Australia)

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:59 AM

View PostFupDup, on 07 February 2013 - 01:39 PM, said:

Most of the "purists" crowd (which I'm not a part of) probably won't take too kindly to any piece of Clan equipment that is not better in every single humanly possible way over its IS counterpart. Suggesting a trade-off for using them, no matter how tiny or negligible it is, is automatic HERESY.
Actually they are better that way. With speed and firepower on our side we have no need to be cowering behind terrain. After all, nothing says, "Prepare to meet your maker" like an LRM volley to the face.

View PostMikallo, on 13 March 2013 - 09:03 AM, said:

I'm surprised this hasn't come up yet, but in canon the clans were famous for having limited ammo supplies on most of their mechs (Mad Cat, 1 ton per LRM 20). Who's to say that the developers don't limit the amount of tons per launcher on a mech?

AKA you can rain 120 missiles down in one salvo, but you can only drop the hurricane 7 times a round so you better not screw it up.
Just another possibility for how they plan to keep Clan tech on a more levelled playing field.

Edited by KelesK, 13 March 2013 - 11:33 AM.

#53 Corvus Antaka

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:12 PM

View PostNatasha Kerensky, on 13 March 2013 - 08:22 AM, said:

What would be the point of Clan LRMs then? Different name? It has to be different somehow.

half the tonnage is already plenty.

#54 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 15 March 2013 - 12:24 PM

View PostSkadi, on 10 February 2013 - 12:51 PM, said:

You can much more easily boat streak six's, if you try to boat 6 Clrm-15's on a mech your not gonna have much left to work with.

that is like having 6 srm 6s now

#55 M4rtyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 691 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 03:55 PM

View PostIceSerpent, on 07 February 2013 - 12:48 PM, said:

What exactly makes you think that you would be able to equip Clan weapons on an IS mech?

So put the same loadout in a clan assault mech.

The OP is right in a sense.

With total customization like we have clan tech will totally destroy IS. Keep in mind the lore IS got crushed every time except for the rare ocation thanks to a combination of outnumbering the opponent and extreme tactics which we can't incorporate in MWO.

So how will Clan V IS work, 8v16? Thats about the only thing they could do to balance it.

Honestly I'm not looking forward to the implementation of clan tech. and I PRAY then don't use anything beyond 3055. BTech got stupid at that point.

Edited by M4rtyr, 15 March 2013 - 03:57 PM.

#56 Peter von Danzig

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

View PostIceSerpent, on 07 February 2013 - 12:48 PM, said:

What exactly makes you think that you would be able to equip Clan weapons on an IS mech?

What exactly makes you thing that it matters on what mech you mount op-weapons?

#57 Skadi

• 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:40 PM

View Postdal10, on 15 March 2013 - 12:24 PM, said:

that is like having 6 srm 6s now

Besides the fact you will be able to load more clan streak 6's than the splatcat, and it will be better to boat the streaks than clan lrms due to weight differiental (for a brawler)

#58 Kenyon Burguess

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:02 PM

yes clans weapons will be op, and yes clans will completely change the battlefield in a horrible fashion just like it did to TT. theres really no argument here...but I would like to point out one thing, that is the worst loadout for a stalker ever. all missles and a tag. how many bad players die from this sort of build every day because they don't bother to bring a laser or two to use after they run out of missles?

#59 Melonic

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 52 posts
  • LocationPlanet Kitzingen

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:25 PM

There have been clans in the previous MechWarrior games as well so I can't understand any whining/complaining about that.

And remember one more thing: have the developers of MW2, 3 or 4 listened to the community and amended/improved things as they do in MWO?
There is no game where ALL players are 100% satisfied with EVERYTHING...

#60 Commander Kobold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:42 PM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 07 February 2013 - 12:51 PM, said:

Only thing that prevents LRM boats from dominating the battefield right now is OP ECM. If ECM is getting a nerf it rightfully deserves we won't need Clan LRMs to have nightmare. Regular LRMs will be nightmare enough. Unless more balancing is gonna be done we'll be back to all-LRM teams especially as its really easy for new or 'not-so-skilled' players to be effective in those kind of mechs.

no because once ECM gets fixed we can have LRMs tonned down, they currently need the damage they're doing (imo) to be considered valid considering whenever you take them you risk being made useless by ECM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users