Mouse Buttons Problem.

3 replies to this topic

#1 Sadentrue

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:05 AM

I couldn't find simmilar problem so I'm posting it here.
I have A4Texh X7 mause. I'm running Win7. In other games this mause works great for me but in MW:O something is wrong.
I know how to group weapons but the game reacts only when I use left button and middle (under the roll). Right mouse button does not work and two side buttons.
Anyone knows any sollutions?

#2 evilC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:14 AM

So when you use the control config menu in MWO, does it allow you to bind the mouse buttons in there?
ie if you double-click the setting for "weapon group 3" and hit the middle mouse button (Click the wheel), does "Mouse3" appear in the bindings?

If it does, then it should work in-game.

If not, then you probably need to make some changes in the software that came with your mouse.

If no software came with your mouse, or it did but it makes no difference, try a macro.

For example, install AutoHotkey and try this script:

MButton::3

Does middle button fire weapon group 3 with that script?

#3 Sadentrue

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:55 AM

Thanks for the algorythm:) So it looks like I need to instal the AutoHotkey. I wont be able to do it today but I'll try on monday.
For the information:
- My mause has a macro options.
- The buttons dont work in the menu kay binding as well.
- Soft for the mouse is up o date.

I will post when I'll try your suggestions.

#4 evilC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:17 AM

If you have software that came with the mouse, you may need to tweak the settings some.
For example, with my logitech mouse, if I leave the side buttons on the default of "back" and "forwards", MWO does not recognise them.
I need to set my extra mouse buttons to "Generic Button" for MWO to recognise them.

If you have a programmable mouse, instead of trying to bind the game to mouse buttons, bind the mouse to game buttons.
ie instead of trying to set MWO to use Mouse 3 for weapon group 3, set the mouse to send keyboard 3 (The default binding for weapon group 3) when you hit the middle mouse button.

Edited by evilC, 08 February 2013 - 08:19 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users