#41 Dagger6T6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,362 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationcockpit

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:35 AM

Seems like a select few are trying to make a big deal out of nothing... which is basically the mantra of the whole General forums on a daily basis. So 40 people mass dropping at the same time and possibly some or all end up on the same side, or maybe 2-3 on the same team, or maybe they are both on opposite teams... is breaking the game and/or pugstomping?

sure I suppose maybe if 2-3 people coordinated on a single side they might have focused fired and trashed a random... but anyone in any game can do this even without teamspeak, by just using the simple text chat... the same can be done by everyone, even if you weren't part of a team until you were just pug dropped into it.

It sounds to me like the Mariks folks, just wanted to have fun and do something semi out of the ordinary, just because well they could, and have some good times/trash talk on TS3... not just out to pugstomp at the expense of ruining the gameplay for randoms.

It's strange how sometimes this whole forum can be a great place for info for the community, yet be a totally toxic environment at the same time. just my opinion on things

Edited by Dagger6T6, 08 February 2013 - 10:37 AM.

#42 Kraven Kor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:35 AM

View PostLivewyr, on 08 February 2013 - 09:34 AM, said:

I read it correctly the first time-

I know it must have been a blast for the people on TS3...
What about the randoms in those matches.. You know there has been at least 1-2.. who get focused and downed by coordinated fire. (this being the argument of a chunk of the forums for anti-group in random game.)

I was there.

In almost every match, I got primaried, and focused down. In one match, my AC/20 Cat did 40 whole points of damage. And I was one of the evil Marik guys abusing the matchmaker to stomp pugs... -_-

We all drop at once, usually you end up with 5 to 7 or so folks from the mass drop on either team, and 1 to 3 randoms tossed in with us.

It really isn't so bad on the Lone Wolves that end up along for the ride.

#43 Livewyr

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

View PostKraven Kor, on 08 February 2013 - 10:35 AM, said:

Post invalid: Poster has more than 3000 posts.

What?

-_-

Truth will not set you free.. your internet skills are your only hope.

#44 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:42 AM

View PostKraven Kor, on 08 February 2013 - 10:35 AM, said:

I was there.

In almost every match, I got primaried, and focused down. In one match, my AC/20 Cat did 40 whole points of damage. And I was one of the evil Marik guys abusing the matchmaker to stomp pugs... -_-

We all drop at once, usually you end up with 5 to 7 or so folks from the mass drop on either team, and 1 to 3 randoms tossed in with us.

It really isn't so bad on the Lone Wolves that end up along for the ride.

I know Murphy's put you down a few times Kraven, and fell to you also. The The Lyran/League boarder war was very hard fought and much fun was had!

#45 PiroMonkey

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:43 AM

Thanks for the fun Marik! I was on the teamspeak server last night and joined all of you for a few drops. Must say, it was a blast fighting with someone new... We'd get to talk a little in between the battle, and then the next match we were against each other! The additional friendly rivalry really built up the excitement.

In response to the comments that the mass drops were not fair, both sides would get a premade that had never played together before. In the games I dropped into, the premades were mostly going after each other. The pugs got to take quite a few shots at us with little retaliation. They were definitely not at disadvantage.

I imagine this is how the game will flow if voice chat is ever fully integrated I hope this occurs, because those drops were a blast!

#46 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:44 AM

Let's not get off topic.

Good for you guys, sounds like it was a fun event to organize, thank you for doing it and sharing it on the forums.

Players organizing to play /= pugstomp.

Players who drop PUG /= wrong/bad/inferior/needing to take crap from people.

Should be more of this sort of stuff.

#47 Kraven Kor

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:46 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 08 February 2013 - 10:42 AM, said:

I know Murphy's put you down a few times Kraven, and fell to you also. The The Lyran/League boarder war was very hard fought and much fun was had!

I actually got kills last night?

Lies.

I did have a 7 assist, 700 damage round. One more assist and I would have gotten a cookie -_-

#48 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:48 AM

View PostKraven Kor, on 08 February 2013 - 10:46 AM, said:

I actually got kills last night?

Lies.

I did have a 7 assist, 700 damage round. One more assist and I would have gotten a cookie -_-

7 assists is 2 kills AND a cookie!

#49 Helmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ga

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:48 AM

"Chaos drops" can be a lot of fun. A little hectic, especially if you're jumping into TS3 channels right as a match starts, but you meet alot of people you may normally not drop with ( Paul and Matthew Craig were incognito last night on the Comstar NA server) .

A week or so ago someone else arranged a "Noob friendly" Drop using C3, and it was a great success.

I was thinking of perhaps doing the same thing on the Comstar NA server when the next big patch drops on February 19th. Invite noobs who may not normally use a VOIP to come and try the game the way God and The Ekman intended. We can setup more channels and setup individuals who are interested in helping run it with a Specialty TS3 server group. Working on getting some PGI and IGP staff on to drop randomly a well.

Cheers.

#50 Kinilan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 134 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:03 AM

Last night I joined TS looking for a group and ended up in this mess. The matches I played in were all fast and violent with both sides taking heavy damage.

It felt like what the game could be like if it had integrated VOIP. Not a third party program.

#51 Ilxuss

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 42 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:09 PM

That sounds like fun. I think I should join you one of these days on TS and sync drop too.
I think I was placed with 5 other Marik as an effect of this once, it was fun. :(

#52 Lord Banshee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 355 posts
  • LocationChi-Town IL

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

Social Lone Wolf Pugging? Holy oxymoron, Batman.
I guess if you *must* pug it up, that seems to be the best way to attempt it.
I like my MWO with hilarious laughter added in, thanks.

#53 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

View PostChili, on 08 February 2013 - 05:06 AM, said:

Not a single person was in a group. 35+ Individual players hit launch at the same time. If we happened to be in the same drop that was awsome! We were all on TS and enjoyed meeting new people and talking. There were no pre-organized groups just 35+ individual pilots hitting "go" at the same time.

Great fun and I hope you will try it with us next time.
Chili<MGA>

Sounds pretty awesome, speaking as one gunslinger to another. Mope to catch the next one!

#54 Chili

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, NH

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:34 AM

Mechwarriors,
It really is quite interesting what this thread has turned into and the interest both good and bad it has gotten.
I am very happy that this has happened. I am glad that we can talk this out and people can really see what this is all about.

Thanks to everyone who read or posted in response to this thread. I, like most of you have been waiting a long time for this game. And one of the biggest and best things about this game is the community. I hope we can continue to get to know each other and have great fun.

See you on the battlefield.

Chili
Marik
Marik Gunfighter Alliance

#55 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:37 AM

Chilli, keep yer head down out there... Unless I'm shooting you, then I'd prefer you to just shut down ;) ;)

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 09 February 2013 - 08:37 AM.

#56 Chili

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, NH

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:46 AM

I will do my best sir!! ;) See you on the battlefield!

#57 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:47 AM

View PostChili, on 09 February 2013 - 08:46 AM, said:

I will do my best sir!! ;) See you on the battlefield!

<S> See you there.

#58 SixstringSamurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 930 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Guys Are So Bad I'm Moving To The Moon

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:48 AM

View PostChili, on 08 February 2013 - 04:30 AM, said:

Mechwarriors,
Thanks so much for all of you that were able to join us for our Marik sponsored mass drops last night in Comstar. We had over 35 people syncing drops and had a great time. It was nice to meet some new people and I think everyone enjoyed dropping with lots of different new friends.

Look for us monday night on Comstar or NGNG. Please stop by and join us for some great fun and comradarie.

Thanks again,
Chili<MGA>

Um you know that's considered exploiting the match making system right? If you we're doing 8 man vs 8 Man where it was just you guys that fine. But sync dropping like that in 4 man premades is ban worthy offense.

#59 fil5000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationInternet County, USA

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:24 AM

View PostSixStringSamurai, on 09 February 2013 - 08:48 AM, said:

Um you know that's considered exploiting the match making system right? If you we're doing 8 man vs 8 Man where it was just you guys that fine. But sync dropping like that in 4 man premades is ban worthy offense.

I'm pretty sure PGI's last word on the issue was that syncing in the 4 man queue wasn't considered an exploit. Anyway, this doesn't seem like people attempting to gain an unfair advantage so I doubt it would be considered reportable.

#60 Bommer

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 83 posts
  • LocationTacoma, Washington

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:27 AM

My oh my, it seems some people are so dense, with their ability to understand the written word so repressed, that they are still unable to comprehend what was explained to them multiple times, in multiple ways.

We have had up to 63 individuals in a single TS3 dropship channel. We all press 'launch' after a short countdown. There are NO premade groups. Everyone is solo.
after the game starts, each team migrates to a separate TS3 channel, so there isn't 63 people trying to talk at the same time. When the game is over, everyone returns to the 'common' channel, to BS, and prepare for the next battle.

More often than not, battles are 8v8, with the personnel composed of individuals from the 'master group'. Sync dropping, like this, in Conquest Mode, ( where there usually isn't a large number of pugs ), almost insures that your team, as well as your enemies team, will be populated with people from your 'master group'. Pugs do get into our teams at times, but due to the newly available after-game chat, many have asked for the TS3 info, so they can continue to play in this format.

I have been involved in every "Marik Madness" night so far. and I would be disappointed if I missed even one, in the future. It has proved to be an immense amount of fun, and I will continue to attend, and promote it, as a diversion to the 'grind'.

I hope this clarifies some of the misconceptions that seem to abound, regarding this issue.

Thanks for reading.

44 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 44 guests, 0 anonymous users