My First Team-Kill!

15 replies to this topic

#1 zraven7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationDuluth, Georgia

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:24 AM

Yes, for the first time, I've gotten a straight-up team kill! and I wasn't even trying!!!

Ok, most of you don't need this, but for the ones that do, listen up:

I can understand unintentionally getting in the way of ballistic rounds or PPCs. That makes sense. However, when there is a GIANT BLUE LIGHT BEAM hanging in the air between an enemy and an ally, for the love of all that's cheddar, PLEASE DON'T WALK THROUGH IT!

Ok, now, back to waiting for the workday to end.

Edited by zraven7, 08 February 2013 - 06:24 AM.

#2 Penance

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,802 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:34 AM

http://youtu.be/DBPly1aT8y0?t=1m20s

damn, cant put it so it plays the vid starting at 1:20

Edited by Penance, 08 February 2013 - 06:36 AM.

#3 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:40 AM

There's also momentum to take into account where the guy who you accidentally hit just can't slow down in time. Really the moral of the story is that faster mechs need to give fire line priority to slower mechs.

#4 Duncan Aravain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 416 posts
  • LocationBehind you with a sharp tool...er,mech

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:42 AM

Never stand between an Atlas and his prey.

#5 Voridan Atreides

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSittin on Turn 3 at Elkhart watchin the Corvettes roar by....I wish. (Stockholm, WI, USA)

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:43 AM

View PostDuncan Aravain, on 08 February 2013 - 06:42 AM, said:

Never stand between an Atlas and his prey.

Indeed...one of the most grave mistakes you can make....

#6 Benyamin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 169 posts
  • LocationWarner Robins, Georgia

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:07 AM

Unfortunately, it seems that you have so many people desperate to get that kill, that they end up jumping right in front of you to get a shot on an enemy mech, especially if it's a damaged mech. I've ended up shooting several friendlies in the back because of this very reason. Fortunately, I haven't TKed since closed beta, but that too was the result of a friendly getting between my AC 20, and my target.

#7 Termius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 170 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:13 AM

I Tk'ed once when a damaged spider on my team rammed into me by accident. He just walked face first into my hunchback and Boom. All that was left was the tking price on my hard earned winnings :)

Edited by Termius, 08 February 2013 - 07:14 AM.

#8 skelley92

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 108 posts
  • LocationFusion Engine City, MI

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:22 AM

Ah…I remember my first team kill.

It was Forest Colony, the sun was shining, I was in my Wang, there was an Atlas in the water, almost no rear armor. I got in behind him without him noticing.

Steady…

Line it up…

You got time…

Right there in the middle…

Almost there…

Perfect…

Quick tab on “\”…

You got him…

Fire…

F#$*ING COMMANDO!!

Perfect head shot right into my teammate. If I would have been trying to do it I would have been really impressed with myself.

Atlas turns around and gives me a nice big alpha in the face. That Commando cost me a kill, 150XP, 10 grand and gets me killed.

Edited by skelley92, 08 February 2013 - 07:24 AM.

#9 NitroDev

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationMom's Basement

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:23 AM

I've gotten a few, but only one was on purpose. I was being fired on by one of my teammates right from the start of the match. I tried to avoid him, warned him in chat to stop, but when he kept firing on me I felt it was time to retaliate. And that SOB cost me enough xp to keep me from getting my final basic unlock that round. I wanted to go to bed damnit!

#10 Whitewolf95

Lord of Urbanmechs

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:26 AM

I've had my own brother team kill me before :), was shredding through something from behind and right as i killed it, he launched a full alpha into my armor less, beautifully glowing red, CT.

#11 zraven7

• 1,207 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:40 AM

I know it happens, and I know it's almost always an understandable accident, but he walked right through my LLs! He had to be able to see em!

#12 Elfman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:46 AM

I managed 2 teams kills 2 games in a row the other night both time shooting at target with a quick 1 2 3

1 being 3 SRM6 2 being ac/10 (which kills the target) 3 being 2 med lasers straight through the enemy dead mech into team mate standing behind him with a bright red centre torso

was a real duh moment both times esp as both times it was the same guy :)

#13 Shismar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:48 AM

View Postzraven7, on 08 February 2013 - 07:40 AM, said:

I know it happens, and I know it's almost always an understandable accident, but he walked right through my LLs! He had to be able to see em!

Not necessarily. Lag can easily make the way look free and BLAM!, a friendly roasts you with his lasers. If someone friendly walks into my fire, I at least try to move the beam of them.

I do have at least two TKs though, one confusing a shut down friendly with an enemy mech, sorry bout that. And the other after a team mate opend up at another right at spawn point. No screaming in chat helped so I went in his back and cored him as fast as I could. The attacked team mate was almost completely destroyed though.

#14 zraven7

• 1,207 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:51 AM

View PostShismar, on 08 February 2013 - 07:48 AM, said:

Not necessarily. Lag can easily make the way look free and BLAM!, a friendly roasts you with his lasers. If someone friendly walks into my fire, I at least try to move the beam of them.

I do have at least two TKs though, one confusing a shut down friendly with an enemy mech, sorry bout that. And the other after a team mate opend up at another right at spawn point. No screaming in chat helped so I went in his back and cored him as fast as I could. The attacked team mate was almost completely destroyed though.

Ok, maybe latency was a factor. That makes sense.

Good job putting down the rabid dog, though. Sorry about your teamie, but at least you stopped it before he was completely destroyed.

#15 HurlockHolmes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 294 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:53 AM

I have only gotten one team kill in over 600 matches, it was actually pretty recent, a srm boat stalker started to melt a ally in front of me, I tried to shoot the stalker with a med laser and barely tapped my ally and it gave me "credit" for the kill.

Accidents happen.

#16 Jello2142

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 174 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:09 AM

More often than not I get a variation of the following
1)Someone not taking into consideration that a torso mounted AC20 may not clear the hill even though you can see over it, but rather hit my Cicada in the back of the noggin
2)SRM' are awesome... when you are a bit closer to the target. They do not make for good pin point snipey accuracy, rather they hit me and the other brawlers in the back.
3)Just because you see a baddy doesn't mean FIRE AT ONCE. Imagine all the dead service personal our military would have if they operated this way.

In all some times accidents happen and man on the occasion I do team kill someone I feel terribad.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users