43 replies to this topic

#21 Captian Antimaterie

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 25 posts
  • LocationUelzen, Germany

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:45 AM

First you need MC. Then you can buy premium time. ;-)
If you already have MC, i guess you should reinstall the client.

Edit:
Sorry, haven´t seen the second side..

Edited by Cyprinus, 08 February 2013 - 11:46 AM.

#22 LaserAngel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 889 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

View PostThontor, on 08 February 2013 - 11:48 AM, said:

Yeah... Which means unless you have a boatload of MC you can't even tell how much MC you need for the larger packages...

Wish there was a reference somewhere on the website or something to show how much MC the premium time packages cost.
Now this is something I'd like to see too. I'm so low now on MC that I don't know how much the +1 month packages cost anymore.

#23 BigMooingCow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:02 PM

I think it's time to stop calling this game a beta....

#24 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:06 PM

Glad we're seeing sales now.

And just because a game is offering sales/taking money, does not make it live.

I'm amazed with how many people cannot grasp business and programming concepts.

#25 LaserAngel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 889 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:10 PM

View PostBigMooingCow, on 08 February 2013 - 12:02 PM, said:

I think it's time to stop calling this game a beta....
Given the roadmap presented in Early December, I recall mentioning that the game should go into "Open Beta" by about February. It really feels like we're on the last two polish patches but I doubt we'll lose the "Beta" tag or forget it started back in October 2012 until Community Warfare rolls out.

#26 xxx WreckinBallRaj xxx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

Lol, Piranha strikes again. They're going to put these on sale RIGHT BEFORE releasing a brand new Medium they know everyone will want, because after the release, they will probably not get bought again by anyone for quite a while.

Then there's the 7 day discount, which still isn't more efficient than the 30 day one, even with the discount. Pointless. With or without the discount, you're still being ripped off vs the value of the 30 day option or higher.

Edited by Bluten, 08 February 2013 - 12:14 PM.

#27 Skadi

• 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:17 PM

View PostBluten, on 08 February 2013 - 12:12 PM, said:

Lol, Piranha strikes again. They're going to put these on sale RIGHT BEFORE releasing a brand new Medium they know everyone will want, because after the release, they will probably not get bought again by anyone for quite a while.

Then there's the 7 day discount, which still isn't more efficient than the 30 day one, even with the discount. Pointless. With or without the discount, you're still being ripped off vs the value of the 30 day option or higher.

Inb4 mechception

#28 Scumbag MadBro

• Pip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 10 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:27 PM

Quiet nice stuff, especially the pattern Deal! :( Like!

#29 HuweyII

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:32 PM

Tried to buy some points via PayPal and via credit card. Both threw errors and didn't give me any points.

#30 Damocles54

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationCrete, Omicron Gamma

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:37 PM

View PostBluten, on 08 February 2013 - 12:12 PM, said:

They're going to put these on sale RIGHT BEFORE releasing a brand new Medium they know everyone will want,

I guess i wasnt paying attention, of which medium do you speak?

#31 Mao of DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 690 posts
  • LocationTerra, Sol System

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:43 PM

View PostMuggins, on 08 February 2013 - 12:02 PM, said:

For reference... regular prices for each point are...

Day(s) - MC
1 - 250
3 - 650
7 - 1250
30 - 2500
180 - 13500
360 - 24000

[disclaimer - if i made a mistake, or there is some future deviation, then what's shown in-game wins].

Thanks
Muggins

May I suggest that you guys put these price points in even if someone doesn't have the MC. Leave them greyed out and unpurchaseable but the information would have been nice. It might actually drive MC sales some with the players fully informed as to the cost of preminum. I personally thought that the 180 days, and 360 days options we not available AT all.

#32 Reaper One Nine

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 25 posts
  • LocationSL,UT

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:45 PM

This is a bit… let’s just say annoying. I log in around 11:00 MST and decide, “you know what, I probably can set aside some extra time this weekend, I’ll by a few days of premium and see how I like it” … then, this patch roles in and I find out if I would have waited another hour or so I could have gotten 7 days for less than I paid for 3…

I have posted one, yes, one other time on these boards, commenting on the patch this week. I really want to get vested into this game, but the dissemination of information absolutely has to get better. I totally understand that yes, there has to be a starting point, just like there has to be a stopping point, but make a damn schedule of patches, and use it. Patch at the same time, preferably early in the morning so that the bulk of the players see the same thing.

I get that you have a worldwide audience, and I understand if you would have announced this sale, people would have waited… but the way your going about it now your driving players away! Paying players! It’s pretty damn embarrassing to admit that I pay more money on this FTP game then I do on other subscription type games, but at this rate it won’t be for long.

#33 cooleagle

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

I would like to see the 30 day premium go on sale. That I would pay for. Never happen though.

#34 Mao of DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 690 posts
  • LocationTerra, Sol System

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

View PostRulock, on 08 February 2013 - 03:45 PM, said:

This is a bit… let’s just say annoying. I log in around 11:00 MST and decide, “you know what, I probably can set aside some extra time this weekend, I’ll by a few days of premium and see how I like it” … then, this patch roles in and I find out if I would have waited another hour or so I could have gotten 7 days for less than I paid for 3…

I have posted one, yes, one other time on these boards, commenting on the patch this week. I really want to get vested into this game, but the dissemination of information absolutely has to get better. I totally understand that yes, there has to be a starting point, just like there has to be a stopping point, but make a damn schedule of patches, and use it. Patch at the same time, preferably early in the morning so that the bulk of the players see the same thing.

I get that you have a worldwide audience, and I understand if you would have announced this sale, people would have waited… but the way your going about it now your driving players away! Paying players! It’s pretty damn embarrassing to admit that I pay more money on this FTP game then I do on other subscription type games, but at this rate it won’t be for long.

I bet if you bring you issue to the support they will fix it for you. The issue being that you spent MC on an Item that you can get better value with the sale item.

Edited by Mao of DC, 08 February 2013 - 04:31 PM.

#35 Zordicron

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

Yeah, count me in the "bought the sale item an hour too early" camp. I bought the Centurion late last night, only to see it on sale now. Thats like 1000 MC I paid extra to use it for 3 pug drops.
I know a complaint in this form will net me squat, but, you know, it's annoying. if I go to my local stores in my small town, and ask "hey is this item going on sale soon?" - they will tell me. if it is, they usually just give me the sale price. If it isn't, they might anyway because I am a loya customer. my local shoe store for instance, the owner gave my son the "school sports" discount, for basketball shoes he liked. except it was in May, 2 weeks before school was out and like 7 months away from the season.

To me, the people that say "announcing sales is bad" are wrong. Yeah, people might wait a week and spend a little less MC on the item. BUT you know, then they are happy and anxious for the item to arrive, instead of frustrated and annoyed when they find out they jumped the gun by 2 hours. I have played MMO for a long time now, and I will tell ya what, the dev teams that got the most respect were the ones that had the best communication with the players. I like the little roadmap thing they have here, but adding a sale schedule, even if it is only 2 weeks out, heck even a week out, would go a long way too.

Oh well I guess. I am sure I will still enjoy my speedy Centurion, even if I do remember paying too much for it every time I look at it.

#36 Xenolance

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

Thanks guys for having sales! I buy MC and something almost every week to show that at LEAST one guy loves you and what you are doing for the Battletech community. I just bought some game time and some camo.. may get the hunchie or cicada.. not sure but thanks tons for having them on sale! can't wait to buy then next Hero/trenchbucket/whatever! You have me supporting you all the way guys! Keep up the great work!

#37 Marvin Martian

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 56 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

View PostThontor, on 08 February 2013 - 10:35 AM, said:

Sweet, I might take advantage of that premium discount. If I haven't activated my founders premium yet does that add to the unactivated amount or does it start immidiately?

I'm thinking the former... That's what happened with the Penny Arcade deal.

If you haven't activated your founder's time yet, then if you purchase this 7 day deal it will just start giving you 7 days of premium time. You'll still have your unactivated founder's time banked until you press the "Activate" button. I did this for the double XP weekend. Bought and used three days, and still have my 60 days of time waiting for me to activate.

#38 Vyviel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 458 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:42 AM

Need a 50% off garage slots so I can make some room to buy these mechs on special! =)

#39 m4rTi

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

Would be great if not only the MCs for these mechs would be reduced but also the CB prices.

#40 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:25 PM

Seriously? Not one of these three mechs have ECM. Why would anybody want these at this point in the game.

I smell a trap (for money).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users