Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:36 AM

View PostJetfire, on 08 February 2013 - 11:25 PM, said:

Q&A rules, not answering questions that have already recieved official responses. The CN9-AH was officially declared a test bed for the YLW and was removed before open beta launch. If at some point they change their mind, it may come back, but no answer should mean the official answer stands.
It isn't a question that was ever addressed - a fun chassis variant just got removed at the same time we received a 'mech that's no fun to pilot and has a huge bullseye on it's ammo bin.

#62 Adrienne Vorton

• 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:20 AM

is there really no better way than COMPLETELY seperating the serverregions? that was the answer i feared the most to be honest

#63 Sakadzuki

• PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationXYU

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:22 AM

Nice answers

Edited by Sakadzuki, 09 February 2013 - 05:22 AM.

#64 Phoebe

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 45 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:58 AM

Very happy to read that RnR is not taken in consideration anymore...

#65 Sug

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,626 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:12 AM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 08 February 2013 - 11:55 AM, said:

Kazly - Would you consider leaving the functionality of ECM alone and perhaps putting a small hitbox on it somehow? As in... it uses an antenna and a direct hit will take it out?
A: We have tuned the crit HP to make it more vulnerable.

Almost useless since it can be mounted anywhere.

#66 Michaelson Snow

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 54 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:45 AM

Another good round of answers devs!

Tho it saddens me to see that you plan on splitting the regions...

All in all, some answers i liked, some i did not, but hey...that's to be expected, as someone said, better to know, than not to.

#67 Hupla66

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 11 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:24 AM

Tabrias07- Are you considering implementing hardpoint types i.e., Regular/Large or SRM/LRM only?

A: Not at this moment.

Yeeeah...Let's just go ahead with putting that on the table. I find that it could greatly balance the game in some ways. For example. I've never had issue with a gauss or ac20 pult. But I do have issue with a massive weapon like that firing out of a .50-.70cal machine gun.

#68 Broceratops

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:10 AM

The EU/NA server split idea SUCKS.

A lot of the people I enjoy playing with are not in NA, and this forces us to make 2 accounts just to keep playing with each other.

Other games with much larger playerbases let you select region on login. I'd much much rather prefer this than having to jump on a smurf account just to play with my EU buddies.

Edited by Broceratops, 09 February 2013 - 08:11 AM.

#69 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:17 AM

View PostBroceratops, on 09 February 2013 - 08:10 AM, said:

The EU/NA server split idea SUCKS.

A lot of the people I enjoy playing with are not in NA, and this forces us to make 2 accounts just to keep playing with each other.

Other games with much larger playerbases let you select region on login. I'd much much rather prefer this than having to jump on a smurf account just to play with my EU buddies.

Agreed, my group has guys from all over the world, it's horrible to split them all up for a better ping rate.

#70 Vernius Ix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 405 posts
  • LocationOscar Mike

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:30 AM

Glad to see that no important questions were answered. Its good to have traditions, even bad ones.

#71 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:34 AM

View PostVernius Ix, on 09 February 2013 - 08:30 AM, said:

Glad to see that no important questions were answered. Its good to have traditions, even bad ones.

Important questions such as...?

#72 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:41 AM

View PostVernius Ix, on 09 February 2013 - 08:30 AM, said:

View PostAdridos, on 09 February 2013 - 08:34 AM, said:

Important questions such as...?

<Insert question about Clans here>

#73 PyckenZot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 870 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAnderlecht, Belgium

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:03 AM

Not fond at all about the separate servers reply,... my regiment has players from both NA, EU and ROW for that matter. :/

Edited by PyckenZot, 09 February 2013 - 09:04 AM.

#74 Karl Franz

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:53 AM

BarHaid - What are your thoughts on modifying the mech skill tree? Is there any chance of introducing variety between weight class?
A: We plan to give Pilot and Mech Trees an overhaul in the near future (late spring/summer).

I sold my mech where I had elite unlocked and left only one I wanted Master. Is there any specific plans concerning this overhaul (will I need to buy sold variants again ?) Because if do have to buy them again I would be really ****** (unhappy) Depending on situation maybe even GameOver...

Edited by Karl Franz, 09 February 2013 - 10:55 AM.

#75 RagingOyster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 462 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, Maryland

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:16 AM

Q: Will 12vs12 be on all maps or just the bigger ones?
A: Yes.

;)

#76 Adrienne Vorton

• 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:29 AM

View PostRagingOyster, on 09 February 2013 - 11:16 AM, said:

Q: Will 12vs12 be on all maps or just the bigger ones?
A: Yes.

:)

12v12 will be the standard when the netcode allows it... so there will be 12v12, that´s all ;)

#77 RagingOyster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 462 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, Maryland

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

View PostAdrienne Vorton, on 09 February 2013 - 11:29 AM, said:

12v12 will be the standard when the netcode allows it... so there will be 12v12, that´s all ;)

Figured as much, just thought the response was funny as hell :)

Edited by RagingOyster, 09 February 2013 - 11:36 AM.

#78 p4r4g0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:38 AM

View PostThorqemada, on 09 February 2013 - 01:09 AM, said:

Region Servers with seperated Playerbases - Its 2013 and the ambitious MMORPGs start to bring the Megaserver, Singleserver, Superserver (or however they name it) technology allowing people to play with people of all around the world at any time from any place.
I do not play this game to be put in a regional Ghetto - i do want to play with players of all around the world at any time from any place and if my ping (and state rewind will probably fix that for most players) is twice or thrice the amount of someone at your kitchen table i dont care (though i may curse him for having such an advantage) but il do my best to destroy his Mech.
To keep it blunt: Separating the playbase is backward !
;)

I suspect resource constraints prevent PGI from running regional servers as well as all the marketing / player support functions that would be required. So if a third party has to do this, the need to have discrete revenue streams may well be the specific factor influencing this decision.

Personally, I'm not crazy about this and I typically do not play games that only have regional servers. At my age, playing with a playerbase that has an average age of 16 or so (physically and / or maturity wise) is not really appealing.

At least, PGI is leaving me with the option of staying with the NA server .... for now.

Edited by p4r4g0n, 09 February 2013 - 11:44 AM.

#79 Ellen Ripley

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 200 posts
  • LocationLV-426

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:50 AM

First of all, thank you for answering all those questions!
With that being said, there where 2 answers that left me quite astonished - and not in a good way : /

Nash - You mentioned that EU servers may be introduced at 2013. My question is: Will your pilot name be available on both servers (North America and Europe) or only on one of them? (I ask because otherwise it could happen that 2 different people are taking the same pilot name one at North America and the other at Europe
A: Each region is has its own database and unique user names. Regions do not play with or against each other.

1.2 Can players, that are currently playing on the NA server move their account to the European game region? Or is it a "fluent" system where you are assigned via matchmaking to the best fitting game server?
A: Our goal would be to offer a onetime transfer option. Regions will have their own servers and unique accounts.

This left me staring at the monitor, thinking [REDACTED IMAGE]

Sorry, but that's gotta be the worst idea for implementation of EU servers you could possibly have come up with.
Do you expect people to maintain 2 accounts to be able to play with their overseas friends? Because otherwise it means splitting the player base - in a game with so few total players - are you serious?

People will rage over this...

My suggestion is to simply give everyone 1 global account and let everyone choose before each round (or each time you log on) on which server region they wanna play that round/session.

It makes zero sense to me to split a small player base into serveral subgroups ( 3 once Asian servers go live), when you have the option to keep it as one.

I urge you to please reconsider your planned way of regional server implementation, because I think you would really harm the game if you do it the way you are currently intending to do it.

edit for typo

Edited by Viterbi, 10 February 2013 - 06:28 AM.
Removed image with course language

#80 TheFlyingScotsman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:41 PM

I'm looking forward to west-coast servers. You can argue that 125 lat isnt a lot in the grand scheme of things, but it is the difference between a hit and a miss, and affects other aspects of play.

Bravo!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users