Ask The Devs 31 - Answers!

150 replies to this topic

#121 RaNDoMPReCiSioN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationThat tiny blue glow in the distance WATCHING YOU

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:16 AM

View PostThontor, on 12 February 2013 - 09:14 AM, said:

Why do people ask questions in the answer thread??
Go here: http://mwomercs.com/...sk-the-devs-32/

My apologies. I did not think to look for a questions thread. Consider it done :P

#122 ParTYZane

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:44 AM

Simple question: after last 1,2 patch game freezes with big chances.
When the will be patch?
Battlefield game - ok, Star wars - ok, Eve online (!) - ok!

I remember - game still in beta, but i twice tryed activate and play in premium mode with no fun.

Thanks.

P.S. Yes yes, i have invalid windows, invalid drivers and invalid life :P

#123 ParTYZane

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:58 AM

"Why" - is best answer for "when".
Always.

#124 SgtKinCaiD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationBordeaux

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:50 AM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 08 February 2013 - 11:55 AM, said:

Nash - You mentioned that EU servers may be introduced at 2013. My question is: Will your pilot name be available on both servers (North America and Europe) or only on one of them? (I ask because otherwise it could happen that 2 different people are taking the same pilot name one at North America and the other at Europe

A: Each region is has its own database and unique user names. Regions do not play with or against each other.

No, please don't do that. On every video game i played that cuts its community in half like that, it just managed to kill the game for the least populated side (generaly the eu side). Once the population is dwindling, it gets more and more difficult to find a game and more people are quitting, speeding the death of the game.
Plus, there are already many teams/clans that have US and EU Lances, they won't be able play together anymore.
I also think that it will impair competitiveness between Lances. When you are fighting for the first place, you don't care if your oppenent is german, american, etc. You want to be the best in the world.

Instead keep a central authentifcation server and put an option where the player selects the server he wants to play on. Plus, it'll be easier for you to add more servers for example Asia or Australia. Don't listen to whiners about lagshield, it's a bug and you will correct it. It never stops me from killing a scout even with ballistics weapons.

At least put on option where we can switch easily between servers (even for MC) not just a oneshot.

PS : sorry for my english.

#125 CompproB237

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

View PostSgtKinCaiD, on 13 February 2013 - 02:50 AM, said:

No, please don't do that. On every video game i played that cuts its community in half like that, it just managed to kill the game for the least populated side (generaly the eu side). Once the population is dwindling, it gets more and more difficult to find a game and more people are quitting, speeding the death of the game.
Plus, there are already many teams/clans that have US and EU Lances, they won't be able play together anymore.
I also think that it will impair competitiveness between Lances. When you are fighting for the first place, you don't care if your oppenent is german, american, etc. You want to be the best in the world.

Instead keep a central authentifcation server and put an option where the player selects the server he wants to play on. Plus, it'll be easier for you to add more servers for example Asia or Australia. Don't listen to whiners about lagshield, it's a bug and you will correct it. It never stops me from killing a scout even with ballistics weapons.

At least put on option where we can switch easily between servers (even for MC) not just a oneshot.

PS : sorry for my english.

I just want to quote this because it is the exact same way I feel. There's a few other games I play and due to their server seperation it's very irritating to have to deal with these. The suggestion made here (server preference) also helps mitigate issues with latency.

#126 Rainbow Unikorn

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 84 posts
  • LocationFrog land

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:50 AM

Posted Image

Edited by Rainbow Unikorn, 14 February 2013 - 06:52 AM.

#127 V Swoops Grym

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:34 AM

You guys shut down Ask the Dev's 32 WHILE I was Posting!! Ugh, would have been first time I asked you guys a question.... Guess it'll wait :)

#128 ElLocoMarko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:43 PM

The hero-izeing a mech is an interesting idea. I'd pay for that. Better add that to the "what would you pay for" pinned post. I'm on it.

I really like this idea because my favorite cataphract is the 1X. But I play the CTF-IM for its C-Bill bonus. I could have all I want and PGI could get a new revenue stream.

#129 Myssi

• PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

View PostKmieciu, on 12 February 2013 - 06:31 AM, said:

Posted Image

Aww, was just about to make this myself.

#130 plodder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 995 posts
  • Locationbetwixt the seen and heard, underneath the upperhanded, above the underhanded. Sunlit with a cloudy background.

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:08 PM

Has the question been asked about a Solaris in Devs Corner? I did not find it with th search function.
Q: Could you see having a section for Solaris competitions, where you can only enter by paying MC, or a horrendous amount of C-Bills?

Also Q: Could Solaris matches be like racing for pink slips (google it if you are not old enough to get the reference, lol), where you put up your mech, and lose it if destroyed, but if your mech is the last standing, you gain all he mechs for your stable? My idea is to have the choice of buying new mech bays, or, getting the retail value of C-Bills for all the destroys mechs.

Either way, it would be a way for PGI to be supported, and for us to strutt our stuff. This could actually be a secondary MWO server game by itself. Have it anounced and spectated, sell tickets, I would pay some small MC for an hour of Solaris matches, small...

#131 Vulk Kell

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 30 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:12 PM

Dear Devs,

IMHO I agree with there being a thank you guys thread and also, With the fact that there isn't even community warfare setup for the MWO beta right now why declare the year timeline as being in 3050? If it is clan invasion time and there are not house on house or merc on merc battles and clans are even further out what is the point of saying what year it is? If it is going to take so long to get to CW we could have started during a lull in the wars back even before the clans were known and then do time leaps when community warfare became avaliable. Also as a clanner I think it's a little biased that the entire game seems so IS based, I understand the necessity of it as the timeline of BTstarts with the great houses, then the Merc Corps, then the clan's breaking away, but that was a long time ago. And now we have the clans supposedly invading. So why is everything lance based? I guess my ultimate question is this... Will we end up having CLAN based gaming anytime soon? where instead of a "Join Lance" it will be "Join Star" and instead of 4 8 or 12 mans it will be 5 10 or 15 mans? As a clannar I'm sure I'll catch some flak for having an oppinion and I truly appreciate all the hard work you guys have done. But could the clans get a tad bit more loving pretty please?

Respectfully

Star Captain Loremaster Galen "Vulk" Torc
Unit Garm

#132 elijah temujin

• PipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 43 posts
  • Locationvancouver

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:29 PM

I am sorry if this is not the place or if this has been talked about already, i am a newbie when it come to the forms.

I would like to ask a question to the Dev about their plan or lack thereof to deal with aim bots. recently I have come across this

http://www.facebook....444044445637863

If this is not delt with in some manner by the develpers it comepletly negates many reasons I for the first time in my 44years have chosen to join and spend money for an online game. I have played battletech, when it was a board game and like many others I know, this game is a fullfilment of many years of wishes, yet such a great thing will be meaningless if in order to play people are forced to cheat by employing aim bots and I for one would not choose to participate in something no matter how much it fullfilled a dream if it does not have integrity.

please if this post is in the wrong place someone put it in the right hands because I think all the players with intergrety who have invested in this great game with great potential would like to know the answer.

thanks guys your doing a great job.

Edited by elijah temujin, 17 February 2013 - 07:30 PM.

#133 Orkdung

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 296 posts
  • LocationCCAF Sian

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:44 PM

Probably have to repost this for ATD #33, Elijah.

#134 plodder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 995 posts
  • Locationbetwixt the seen and heard, underneath the upperhanded, above the underhanded. Sunlit with a cloudy background.

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:44 PM

View PostThontor, on 17 February 2013 - 03:06 PM, said:

First.. this is an answers thread.. gonna have to wait until the next Q thread which should be a week from Monday

second.. a quick search for "ask the devs solaris" revealed this in the first link:

Thanks for the help. I just looked up Solaris, and did not refine it like you did. I thought I was just asking the fellas, like you not the Devs, but I can copy and paste them the same thing here. Again, thanks

Edited by plodder, 17 February 2013 - 09:45 PM.

#135 Werewolf486 ScorpS

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSinsinnati Ohio

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:43 PM

We would like an official stance on Unseen/Reseen.

#136 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:21 PM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 08 February 2013 - 11:55 AM, said:

Prosperity Park - Would the Game Staff be willing to consider an option for players to "Heroize" their favorite non-Hero Mechs, in such a way that Users could pay #MC to permanently increase the End Mission c-bill payout by some value between 5 ->15% for that particular variant?
A: Interesting idea, anything is possible.

I have a very old suggestion thread on this! Make your own hero mech suggestion thread! :(

#137 ToxinTractor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 295 posts
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 19 February 2013 - 06:49 AM

Ty for all the info!
Damn you guys are stepping it up!

#138 Victor Jackovski

• Pip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

I have a question will you guy's add passive sensors later in the game ? along with crouching and maybe a Flecktarn camo patern. also don't you think that 1000MC is a bit much for a color ? are the Dev's gonna make it so you can change the color of your cockpit glass and make it so when it is damaged it will have cracks in the glass like Mechwarrior 3.

Edited by Victor Jackovski, 19 February 2013 - 06:06 PM.

#139 Rosscoe

• PipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 73 posts
  • LocationCrazy Canuck Land!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

Dear Dev's,
Will there be any plans to adjust wrecked legs on mechs so it looks like they are limping? Currently they look to be moving at half throttle.
No idea if this was asked already but asking anyways :P

#140 FrostCollar

• 1,454 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, US

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:45 PM

View PostRosscoe, on 19 February 2013 - 05:02 PM, said:

Dear Dev's,
Will there be any plans to adjust wrecked legs on mechs so it looks like they are limping? Currently they look to be moving at half throttle.
No idea if this was asked already but asking anyways ;)

You've got to put the questions in one of the questions threads to have a chance of getting them answered. The current one (32) is closed, and the next one should open up after the answers are released (hopefully Friday).

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users