Let there be PONY!

9227 replies to this topic

#4981 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:37 AM

Hon. Mechwarriors;

Ah've had fun with this thread and ya'll have been patient with mah Cappellan Great Wall O' Text so here have some pony music.

I figure Ah needed about 20% more pony cred after all the fun I had with the last few posts.

Applejack is best colt 1911

Posted Image

Respectfully

Samaritan

#4982 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:52 AM

View PostCandidAstrius, on 06 July 2012 - 05:13 AM, said:

oh, like the whole Lyra and Bon bon thing...That's MUCH less frightening then rule 34...

Basically Lyra/Bon Bon is assumed to be canon due to how often they are seen in the series getting together for shopping, or even meeting one another on Hearts and Hooves day.

Shipping is in it's most basic, simply pairing two characters, [though shipping is USUALLY used in relation to same sex couplings.] So Breaburn/Big Mac would be shipping. Rainbow Dash/Pinkie Pie is shipping.

Some ships make more sense than others... for instance Rainbow Dash/Twilight Sparkle to me doesn't make much sense, where as Rainbow Dash/Gilda makes TONS of sense. [though the amount of Dash/Twilight art out there shocks me.]

Then there's crack pairings. RarityxTom [the rock from the discord episodes] Pinkie Pie X Gummy... stuff like that that makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE. Some times these things are done just because they haven't been done before, other people see it as a challenge to make the pairing work, others still, do it just to **** off others in the fanbase.

Posted Image

Here have some wedding Applejack, because AJ is best poni.
Posted Image

Edited by Jade Kitsune, 06 July 2012 - 06:06 AM.

#4983 Applejack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 523 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:10 AM

Lyra & Bon Bon is practically canon, and it's rolled so well with me anyhoot!

View PostDev909, on 05 July 2012 - 10:18 PM, said:

Does anyone recall a mlp vid with really cool piano music?
I know this is vague but I heard it on here and I wanted to find it again and I don't remember too many piano song vids so I thought maybe someone would remember and throw a couple back up.
Thanks in advance!

You may be looking for one of the many, many renditions of "Nightmare Night".

#4984 CandidAstrius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 111 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:20 AM

Meh, still don't think that's to bad, some of the better character building episodes used that principle, like with rarity and apple jack, however i can see know why the term appeared as often as it does with rule 34 now. But, it seems a little tamer, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but, my current impression is that the entertaining part of shipping is the humor surrounding the interaction of the two personalities in common domestic situations modified to fit the toons, to use your one of example, a short comic of dash getting frustrated that Gilda won't clean her litter box (you know cuz she's part 'cat' and all) as opposed to the racier side of things.

Edit:
Not been a Brony for all that long, and i've been active on forums for even less time... I'll likely have many more questions, i try to look up as much as i can on my own, but go ahead and type shipping into google...less useful then i'd hoped

Additional:
I thought Cannon was things that had been actively acknowledged by the writers?

Edited by CandidAstrius, 06 July 2012 - 06:27 AM.

#4985 SNobleJr

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 75 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:28 AM

View PostCandidAstrius, on 06 July 2012 - 06:20 AM, said:

Meh, still don't think that's to bad, some of the better character building episodes used that principle, like with rarity and apple jack, however i can see know why the term appeared as often as it does with rule 34 now. But, it seems a little tamer, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but, my current impression is that the entertaining part of shipping is the humor surrounding the interaction of the two personalities in common domestic situations modified to fit the toons, to use your one of example, a short comic of dash getting frustrated that Gilda won't clean her litter box (you know cuz she's part 'cat' and all) as opposed to the racier side of things.

Perhaps that's overanalizing it a little. The simplest way to describe it is that shipping vs. clopfiction is like romantic vs. erotic fiction.

#4986 Ronin Starwalker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 101 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:28 AM

For ***** sake

#4987 CandidAstrius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 111 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:30 AM

View PostSNobleJr, on 06 July 2012 - 06:28 AM, said:

Perhaps that's overanalizing it a little. The simplest way to describe it is that shipping vs. clopfiction is like romantic vs. erotic fiction.

that does clarify it quite a bit for me, thank you

#4988 CandidAstrius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 111 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:39 AM

View PostRonin Starwalker, on 06 July 2012 - 06:28 AM, said:

For ***** sake

I know right? whys this stuff got to be so complicated...

#4989 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:46 AM

Nightmare moon laughs at your complications!

Posted Image

#4990 Canned_Dman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • LocationVictoria BC

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:46 AM

This is it!
Icarus by Mythos is the music part.
Thanks very much!

View PostCandidAstrius, on 06 July 2012 - 12:43 AM, said:

Off hand this one comes to mind

But if you could remember any of the videos visuals, if be happy to dig around you tube for it

#4991 CandidAstrius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 111 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:51 AM

View PostDev909, on 06 July 2012 - 06:46 AM, said:

This is it!
Icarus by Mythos is the music part.
Thanks very much!

woo hoo i won at the internet!

that's one i like to listen to frequently, particularly enjoy the theme of the visuals,
glad i could help : )

#4992 Oswin Aurelius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hawk
  • The Hawk
  • 808 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWhitmore Lake, MI

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:51 AM

That awkward moment when I realize I used to be anti-brony at the beginning of this thread.

#4993 Aresye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:56 AM

View PostOswin Aurelius, on 06 July 2012 - 06:51 AM, said:

That awkward moment when I realize I used to be anti-brony at the beginning of this thread.

There are many of us that fit into that boat. I think a lot of bronies start off as haters.

Haters, take note, and be warned.

#4994 Sesambrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:02 AM

Posted Image

You know, I've looked into r34 stuff some time ago, not for mlp specifically, but I was curious...
I found most of the things I found kinda hilarious, couldn't stop giggling (don't ask me why, I don't know!).
What really creeps me the **** out is stuff based on kids-shows like mlp but that's just my perception of it. It's not for me but I think we should all be tolerant enough to accept, that others may like it, as long as they don't make us participate...

#4995 yngvef

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationThe planet Bardu

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:08 AM

It's simple.

Some people like MLP, and some don't.

Of the people who like MLP:
Some like fanfics, and some don't

Of the people who like fanfics:
Some like clopfics/r34. Some like shipping. Some like stories that just play out in Equestria, but without any romance or sex or anything you won't find in a canon MLP episode.

All people are allowed to like/dislike whatever they want. Especially in a MLP thread: Love and tolerate, remember?

Please try to avoid stepping on eachothers toes, intentionally or accidentally. I don't think you will be able to "convert" anyone to/from fanfics or MLP as a whole. All this wall-of-text discussion is dangerously close to... to... discord! Please, let's find harmony again.

Let's not derail the thread with "My Little Politics: Fanfics are Trouble"

Posted Image

Oh, and post more ponies! :D

Please:
Posted Image

This probably should be cleverly captioned, but I'm all out of ideas :D

Posted Image

#4996 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:11 AM

Hon. Mechwarriors;

Lest we ferget what brought us here, ah've another 1001 EK pic fer ya.

Posted Image

Fluttershy checks out on her LAMb pressure suit prior to a close ground support mission. When advised of the pressence of enemy air assets in the region she gallantly quipped "I love foxes!"

Respectfully

Samaritan

#4997 CandidAstrius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 111 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:16 AM

View PostSesambrot, on 06 July 2012 - 07:02 AM, said:

You know, I've looked into r34 stuff some time ago, not for mlp specifically, but I was curious...
I found most of the things I found kinda hilarious, couldn't stop giggling (don't ask me why, I don't know!).
What really creeps me the **** out is stuff based on kids-shows like mlp but that's just my perception of it. It's not for me but I think we should all be tolerant enough to accept, that others may like it, as long as they don't make us participate...

My only issue with R34 comes from the time before my conversion to bronyhood, i made the mistake of challenging it....less then 30 min later i was curled in the fetal position, my spirit broken by a picture (ironically enough) of rarity eating a subway sandwich..."so many fresh ingredients" i sobbed as i rocked myself...to each there own, but no R34 for me thanks...

#4998 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:18 AM

View PostCandidAstrius, on 06 July 2012 - 07:16 AM, said:

My only issue with R34 comes from the time before my conversion to bronyhood, i made the mistake of challenging it....less then 30 min later i was curled in the fetal position, my spirit broken by a picture (ironically enough) of rarity eating a subway sandwich..."so many fresh ingredients" i sobbed as i rocked myself...to each there own, but no R34 for me thanks...

That post gave me Awesome...

Posted Image

Also, gamer Luna is best Luna

Posted Image

Edited by Jade Kitsune, 06 July 2012 - 07:22 AM.

#4999 CandidAstrius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 111 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:36 AM

on a lighter note, got 2 hours to kill? there's worse things you could do with 2 hours then listening to this

Edited by CandidAstrius, 06 July 2012 - 07:37 AM.

#5000 yngvef

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationThe planet Bardu

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:42 AM

Something that's awesome and cool:

Posted Image

23 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 23 guests, 0 anonymous users