Let there be PONY!

9227 replies to this topic

#5581 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:23 AM

View PostReichus Aran, on 18 July 2012 - 10:04 AM, said:

I also doubt that the devs would throw away 60 dollars over some ponies.

You also realize that if you're banhammered, they keep the $60 because you broke the rules you agreed to for playing MWO in the first place. Sorta like what'd happen if someone got a Founder's package, was in the beta, and then blew the NDA.

Same thing as Something Awful. You break the rules for trolling, you don't get your $10 back.

Edit: Too many posts in the Pony thread without an image. Must fix!

Posted Image

Edited by wanderer, 18 July 2012 - 11:26 AM.

#5582 Reichus Aran

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 18 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:25 AM

View Postwanderer, on 18 July 2012 - 11:23 AM, said:

You also realize that if you're banhammered, they keep the $60 because you broke the rules you agreed to for playing MWO in the first place. Sorta like what'd happen if someone got a Founder's package, was in the beta, and then blew the NDA.

Same thing as Something Awful. You break the rules for trolling, you don't get your $10 back.

But im not attempting to troll I wasnt expecting so many people to get upset over the whole thing.

#5583 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:27 AM

View PostReichus Aran, on 18 July 2012 - 11:20 AM, said:

On a positive note at least I finally got a link for possible mechs for MWO lol

That you did. And if you're good and follow the rules, I can guarantee you can even shoot up bronies in them!Posted Image

And more Ponyhammer, cause what the heck. It's Lauren Faustperor.

Edited by wanderer, 18 July 2012 - 11:31 AM.

#5584 Sesambrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:31 AM

because someone needs to continue posting ponies... :P
yeah, I know, I'm partly responsible for all those hugeass posts we've seen lately... anyway
Posted Image

Posted Image

#5585 Reichus Aran

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 18 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:31 AM

View Postwanderer, on 18 July 2012 - 11:27 AM, said:

That you did. And if you're good and follow the rules, I can guarantee you can even shoot up bronies in them!Posted Image And more Ponyhammer, cause what the heck. It's Lauren Faustperor.

Frankly id rather just shoot them up because theyre Mechwarriors not because theyre bronies, this whole thing got way miscontrued.

That ponyhammer pic is rather epic though.

Edited by Reichus Aran, 18 July 2012 - 11:32 AM.

#5586 Tice Daurus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOak Forest, IL

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:32 AM

Ok I am AMAZED that this thread has well over 5000+ responses. And I'm one of them.

#5587 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:43 AM

Hon. Mechwarriors;

Posted Image

There is a feature to the forum posts here on MWO that is responsible for the endless trolling. That feature is this: every recently posted hot topic is scrolled through the main forum board from all of the threads. This is just about the first thing noticed by anyone visiting this site. "Let there be Pony" is 291+ glorious pages and occupys it's proportional share of all of the posts made in the MWO forums. There are a lot of people who carry thier grudges and nurse thier wounds from pony grafiti from the rest of thier web surfing experience. You could eleminate most of the trolling here by pulling "Let There Be Pony" from the main page tickertape line up. This would also reduce the face time given to this thread by the many thousands of people who visit MWO for Battletech interests.

Posted Image

I for one welcome our Troll overlords as there are innumerable additional folk who will not troll, but rather enjoy what has been posted regardless of thier never seeing any MLP FIM episodes. Complaining about and teasing the trolls appears to energize some of the brony posters. If you think a person is trolling, then Report him, don't heckle him or attempt to make him recant or provoke him to the point of requiring a ban hammer.

Posted Image

Treat people as people, not as thier behavior. This profesional, impersonal love is based on your integrity and a failure to use it speaks volumes more about you than anything you might have to say about another guilty party. Criminality/rules violations have a recourse in the report button and do not require an exercise in hen pecking.

Thankyou for your time in considering what I have said on the subject. I hope the reasoning and the pictures have informed and entertained.

Respectfully

Samaritan

Pony Script: The Ironic humor of a humanized Twily accepting a bounty on a pony Twily was not lost on me and seemed appropot to the point discussed. :P

Edited by Samaritan, 18 July 2012 - 11:48 AM.

#5588 Reichus Aran

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 18 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:50 AM

View PostSamaritan, on 18 July 2012 - 11:43 AM, said:

Hon. Mechwarriors;

Posted Image

There is a feature to the forum posts here on MWO that is responsible for the endless trolling. That feature is this: every recently posted hot topic is scrolled through the main forum board from all of the threads. This is just about the first thing noticed by anyone visiting this site. "Let there be Pony" is 291+ glorious pages and occupys it's proportional share of all of the posts made in the MWO forums. There are a lot of people who carry thier grudges and nurse thier wounds from pony grafiti from the rest of thier web surfing experience. You could eleminate most of the trolling here by pulling "Let There Be Pony" from the main page tickertape line up. This would also reduce the face time given to this thread by the many thousands of people who visit MWO for Battletech interests.

Posted Image

I for one welcome our Troll overlords as there are innumerable additional folk who will not troll, but rather enjoy what has been posted regardless of thier never seeing any MLP FIM episodes. Complaining about and teasing the trolls appears to energize some of the brony posters. If you think a person is trolling, then Report him, don't heckle him or attempt to make him recant or provoke him to the point of requiring a ban hammer.

Posted Image

Treat people as people, not as thier behavior. This profesional, impersonal love is based on your integrity and a failure to use it speaks volumes more about you than anything you might have to say about another guilty party. Criminality/rules violations have a recourse in the report button and do not require an exercise in hen pecking.

Thankyou for your time in considering what I have said on the subject. I hope the reasoning and the pictures have informed and entertained.

Respectfully

Samaritan

Pony Script: The Ironic humor of a humanized Twily accepting a bounty on a pony Twily was not lost on me and seemed appropot to the point discussed. :P

Couldnt have said it better myself

#5589 MechaDraco

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 136 posts
  • LocationEqustria

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:55 AM

View PostReichus Aran, on 18 July 2012 - 11:50 AM, said:

Couldnt have said it better myself

I love people, they are so interesting, makes me glad I am one, cept for the furriness, and the bronieness... Anyway.... More ponies for us all to enjoy, for now just a song that I think should be the war marching song for any bronie based clan!!

#5590 wanderer

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:16 PM

View PostReichus Aran, on 18 July 2012 - 11:31 AM, said:

Frankly id rather just shoot them up because theyre Mechwarriors not because theyre bronies, this whole thing got way miscontrued.

That ponyhammer pic is rather epic though.

And that, BTW is the real reason this thread lasts so long. Epic and awesome and funny. Oh, and our loving mod-commisars.

Posted Image

Just as planned.

Posted Image

#5591 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:32 PM

Hon. Mechwarriors;

Here is a rather good Fus Roh D'aaw pic of Flutershy and her penchant for vanquishing dragons.

Posted Image

Respectfully

Samaritan

#5592 Paul Inouye

Lead Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,815 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:37 PM

There is a huge MLP thread in Jettisoned, we've asked that members keep MLP confined there. We also greatly appreciate that they've done so and we in turn help moderate the haters. That being said, merging this with the main thread.

#5593 Watchit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:02 PM

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! What's going on!?!?!?!

Posted Image

Merged threads are so confusiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!!!

#5594 Ian Moon

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 37 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:28 PM

View PostWatchit, on 18 July 2012 - 01:02 PM, said:

*snip*

I can't stop smiling from this ;)

Season 3 needs more cmc, and Trixie.

Edited by Ian Moon, 18 July 2012 - 01:30 PM.

#5595 Sesambrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:39 PM

View PostWatchit, on 18 July 2012 - 01:02 PM, said:

Posted Image

Eyup!

Anyone know what this was about?

Posted Image

#5596 Cadberry

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:39 PM

Trixie confirmed for s3 ;)

Edit :

Posted Image

Edited by Cadberry, 18 July 2012 - 01:47 PM.

#5597 Gregor Eisenhorn

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:40 PM

Hmmmm....

#5598 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:36 PM

Hon. Mechwarriors;

Please enjoy this motorized infantry 1st Equestrian Cavalry pic.

Posted Image

Now for everyone's favorite, Pony mechwarriors and mecha.

Posted Image

That's not a moon, that's a battlestation...

Posted Image

Respectfully

Samaritan

Pony Script: What was meant by the merging of threads earlier?

Edited by Samaritan, 18 July 2012 - 02:50 PM.

#5599 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 02:53 PM

View PostSamaritan, on 18 July 2012 - 02:36 PM, said:

Pony Script: What was meant by the merging of threads earlier?

The Dark Pony thread has been merged into this.

#5600 SilentWolff

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 2,174 posts
  • LocationNew Las Vegas

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:25 PM

Well bronies, you've finally made it to the big time. Thats twice now, I've been listening to Howard Stern this week and he has brought up MLP and the bronies.
But heres the real question, we got any cloppers in the house? lol

37 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 37 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook