#6161 Basselope

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 16 posts
  • LocationFlaw-ree-DUH!

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:43 AM

View PostJade Kitsune, on 28 July 2012 - 04:16 AM, said:

Discord is "Q" from Star Trek.

Voiced By the same actor that played Q...

I'm convinced Discrod is what Q does when he's not screwing with Starship Captians. He's probably also just hanging out with Celestia.

Posted Image

YES, John Delancie DID do the voice of Discord, and DID play Q on ST:NG. BUT had you done your homework, you would have found the interview of him done by 2 of the MLP internet radio stations. And in those interviews he states....VERY CLEARLY...."He did not base Discord off Q". He used the same attitude, but that's it. The 2 characters are not alike as you make them out to be. Q was an omnipotent toying with a group of humans, not wreaking havoc and chaos with the universe. Discord was a powerful *** and wanted chaos to rule Equestria period and toyed with EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING in that world. He also did a film about Bronies where he spoke with some and about his character in a few cases.

Please do not blur the legalities between the two shows. Not even he was allowed to for his character.

#6162 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,339 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:49 AM

*sweatdrops* nowhere did I offically state that Q is Discord.

However it WOULD make sense.

It's also very possible the writers of the show were basing some traits of discord off of Q.

John has also later stated that while he did NOT base his reading of Discord off of Q, after watching the episodes, he can very clearly see a similarity, despite not trying to "be Q"

#6163 Tyzh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 495 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:18 AM

I liked how when Discord used his magic, it had a big white flash... kinda like Q.

#6164 Mattiator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 400 posts
  • LocationAthenry

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:37 AM

View PostSamaritan, on 27 July 2012 - 07:38 PM, said:

Posted Image

Applejack puts her training to the test once again as she pilots her mech through down town Simcity.

Waitaminute! That picture's from RoboLegs!

#6165 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:47 AM

Hon. Mattiator;

It is? I just found it and placed it in my meticulously catagorized and well managed multi-gig pony files for future gimping. I trust the use of it is not...

Posted Image

Derpfully

Samaritan

#6166 Chuxsux

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:52 AM

this is just sad

#6167 Karl Split

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:03 AM

wow op started early today

Anyways Up the ponies I want a bobblehead one in my mech cockpit :)

#6168 Sporkosophy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:04 AM

View PostFros7bite, on 28 July 2012 - 06:48 AM, said:

1. We're 230 members and get about 5 active ones a day.
2. I am not attacking your unit, I'm trying to defuse the situation.
3. I think you may be taking this too seriously.

You only have five active members each day? Not sure if you should be bragging about that.

#6169 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:23 AM

Hon. Chuxsux;

No sir, this is just sad...

Posted Image

Respectfully

Samaritan

#6170 Bluey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts
  • LocationAnatolia

Posted 28 July 2012 - 09:27 AM

View PostSamaritan, on 28 July 2012 - 08:47 AM, said:

Hon. Mattiator;

It is? I just found it and placed it in my meticulously catagorized and well managed multi-gig pony files for future gimping. I trust the use of it is not...

Posted Image

Derpfully

Samaritan

Seriously you pony folk have so much creavity in this thread I like to visit time to time

#6171 Sesambrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:28 AM

View PostFros7bite, on 28 July 2012 - 06:48 AM, said:

1. We're 230 members and get about 5 active ones a day.
2. I am not attacking your unit, I'm trying to defuse the situation.
3. I think you may be taking this too seriously.

Did anyone ever tell you that you're a freaking hypocrite? Someone who's only interest seems to be to make those look bad who he doesn't like... Srsly, you're hardly doing anything else, aside of spam-recruiting that is...
On that note, make that 230 -1 members, because I only signed up for the forums, not to become a part of your unit!

If you can only get a feeling of accomplishment by bashing on others or tricking people into joining you, then please do so somewhere else, preferably somewhere where I don't have to see it!
Let it be said, that I'm not part of either unit, but the crapfest you're always trying to ignite when you come here is annoying the heck out of me.

On a side note, that photoshopped image you posted was actually made by Samaritan I think... How can you seriously do the same thing to someone else, that you're always getting so worked up about? Besides, that image is still a hundred times better than the Hunchback! At least the artist took the time to clean it up, the hunchback on the other hand... well, don't expect anyone to tell you how awesome it is if you didn't take the times to clean up the image... Oh, and don't tell me GIMP wasn't made for art! I'm using it and if all you can produce with it, is a wonky drawing with with wobbly lines and no depth, then you obviously don't have any idea how to use the tools you have!

If there's one thing I can't stand, then it's ignorance, and you're really trying hard to display a whole lot of it!

To conclude, adding the line:
"Can't we all be friends? Why all the pointless animosities"
to the end of your post, doesn't make everything you said before less hostile, it only adds to the impression of you being a freaking hypocrite as it's a clear contradiction to pretty much everything you ever posted in this topic, only adding it to make "inexperienced" readers think you're the "good guy"...
That Sir is disgusting!

Posted Image

#6172 Atlai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts
  • Locationfrom the East of the South end of the North

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:59 AM

View PostGrayson Ward, on 27 July 2012 - 10:47 PM, said:

That's our beloved villain Discord, representing Evil, Chaos and Confusion.
Because of the Chaos part, it's obvous that Pinkie must like him a bit alas.
For more info look season2 ep1+2

View Postwanderer, on 28 July 2012 - 12:23 AM, said:

Discord, as noted- also better known by many as the Voice of Q, from Star Trek: TNG. Had a two-parter at the beginning of season 2 which was rather amusing.

View PostSesambrot, on 28 July 2012 - 01:51 AM, said:

I think you could say:
Aside of not being a robot and being more than "just a sidekick", he's pretty much like GIR... ^^
Posted Image

View PostSouske Sagara, on 28 July 2012 - 03:07 AM, said:

Well, I'm sure there is some mongoose and dog in there somewhere.

GIR Is everywhere, i cant find a single person that doesn't like him.

I wann be a mongoose dog.

Oh and thanks for the answers guys.

Edited by Mason West, 28 July 2012 - 11:00 AM.

#6173 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:48 AM

View PostSnapster, on 28 July 2012 - 03:29 AM, said:

Back in my days, MLP wasn't like that. I really don't get the "cult" in the first place. I'm not expressing hatred or anything, I'm just not understanding how grown men can band together and express their liking to a cartoon aimed for little girls. That is all.

That would be because the modern version was explicitly created to NOT be a "little girl cartoon". It's like saying Powerpuff Girls was a "little girl's cartoon"- they very deliberately hid plenty of amusement under a veneer of "aww, cute lil' ponies!" in this case. Lauren Faust was a little girl when the first MLP cartoons were out, and found the show so shallow she made up her own stories for the toys her parents got her- personalities and all.

Then Hasbro got her in on the new series. Cue ponies that weren't vapid moronic 1980's "girl cartoons", since you're talking someone who had creative control and was into making stuff like PPG or Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. People noticed. It developed a much wider audience, and cue the modern "bronies" audience of today- a trend away from the norm that only became wider in the second season, but it's obvious even in the first one.

#6174 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:38 PM

Hon. Mechwarriors;

MWO is going to launch soon, and it's initial format will be very mech-centric. The game appears to be verry popular and if it does well we can expect expansions. If nothing else there will be fan produced skins and mods and the MLP fan base will provide it's share of such things.

Here is a glimpse of your gaming future, the SRM Foot Infantry MLP skin enjoy...

Posted Image

Respectfully

Samaritan

#6175 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:45 PM

Hon. Mechwarriors;

Here's a little something for everyone. Whether you like MLP or detest the profusion of it's adherents posting grafiti,both sides will appreciate taking thier agression to the field of paint ball

Posted Image

Respectfully

Samaritan

#6176 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:54 PM

Hon. Mechwarriors;

In the course of serving a tour in the Equestrian Militia's universal military training program, every pony must qualify with a basic proficiency in long arms, Light Anti-Armor weapons, and Forward Observer skills before recieving an MOS.

Here we find a squad of My Little Partisans preparing an ambush.

Posted Image

Respectfully

Samaritan

#6177 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:04 PM

Hon. Mechwarriors;

My Baby! Darling do something!

Uh... Princess I'm not so sure that's a good idea...

Posted Image

Nonsense My good subjects..... oh dear....

Posted Image

Derpfully

Samaritan

Edited by Samaritan, 01 August 2012 - 12:27 PM.

#6178 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:41 PM

Hon. Mechwarriors;

Best brother ever. Twilight Sparkle and Shining Armor indulge in a bit of Fillial antaganism growing up.

Posted Image

This is the sort of minor fued that is common to siblings. Boys are too strong, and so mustn't smack a filli, while the reverse certainly isn't true :ph34r:

Respectfully

Samaritan

Edited by Samaritan, 01 August 2012 - 12:27 PM.

#6179 Proxus571

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationPonyville

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:56 PM

View PostBasselope, on 28 July 2012 - 07:43 AM, said:

YES, John Delancie DID do the voice of Discord, and DID play Q on ST:NG. BUT had you done your homework, you would have found the interview of him done by 2 of the MLP internet radio stations. And in those interviews he states....VERY CLEARLY...."He did not base Discord off Q". He used the same attitude, but that's it. The 2 characters are not alike as you make them out to be. Q was an omnipotent toying with a group of humans, not wreaking havoc and chaos with the universe. Discord was a powerful *** and wanted chaos to rule Equestria period and toyed with EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING in that world. He also did a film about Bronies where he spoke with some and about his character in a few cases.

Please do not blur the legalities between the two shows. Not even he was allowed to for his character.

View PostJade Kitsune, on 28 July 2012 - 07:49 AM, said:

*sweatdrops* nowhere did I offically state that Q is Discord.

However it WOULD make sense.

It's also very possible the writers of the show were basing some traits of discord off of Q.

John has also later stated that while he did NOT base his reading of Discord off of Q, after watching the episodes, he can very clearly see a similarity, despite not trying to "be Q"

While John has stated multiple times he did not intend to make Discord like Q, Lauren Faust has gone on record numerous times saying that she specifically wrote the character to be like him after a weekend TNG Binge. So technically they ARE the same character. More so now than at point of creation due to voice casting.

#6180 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,339 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:10 PM

While Lauren has said she based him off Q... unfortenately it doesn't make them the same character.

However if we ARE going to cross universes... Q is an interdimensional being and basically a god. So why the heck wouldn't he go hang out with Celestia from time to time? Hell it's possible that the "Discord Statue" is Q's link to Equestria, and when Celestia wanted to "Test" Twilight, she simply stopped by and asked Q to test her student by comming back.

Granted all fan theory, and rather crack theory at that... still fun to entertain the idea. Hell in that same 2 part episode, we had a star wars reference... so why not.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users