• Locationfrom the East of the South end of the North

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:53 PM

View PostFuzzyhead, on 27 July 2012 - 04:48 PM, said:

why you just post it. . . for the pun?

also End Harmony like a BAWS

by
Mickeymonster

Posted Image

What in the world is that thing :P it looks like something born from my twisted imagination, only less robotic or reptilian.

#6142 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:01 PM

Hon. Mechwarriors;

Here's a little something for your troll-op ready reaction reserve.

Posted Image

The Acme of a General's skill is the capture and incoporation of an enemy force.

Respectfully

Samaritan

Edited by Samaritan, 27 July 2012 - 07:02 PM.

#6143 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:22 PM

Hon. Mechwarriors;

The life of a shavetail can be quite challenging, all the responsibility and none of the respect. Here we find our favorite butter bar requisitioning some simulator time for her lance.

Posted Image

Qualifying for your first ephemerai interface can be quite daunting. Here we find Lt. Sparkle demonstrating that finest of officer's virtues... confidence she doesn't have.

Posted Image

A general officer's first duty is to think with moral courage under pressure. Leading from the front is a luxury for the captains and thier subordinates. Here we find Twilight in the midst of her 22 nd engagement... simulated.

Posted Image

Please enjoy these pictures gentlemen. Gimping pics and storyboarding for 1K1-K is coming along nicely.

Respectfully

Samaritan

Edited by Samaritan, 28 July 2012 - 09:32 AM.

#6144 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:38 PM

Hon. Mechwarriors;

Applejack, on the line when the light goes green.

Posted Image

Applejack is a crack shot after years of dealing with varments on the farm.

Posted Image

Applejack puts her training to the test once again as she pilots her mech through down town Simcity.

Posted Image

https://www.youtube....ch?feature=fvwp

Respectfully

Samaritan

#6145 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:45 PM

View PostSamaritan, on 26 July 2012 - 06:32 PM, said:

Hon. Mechwarriors;

Rumor has it that the founders will be leaving us soon for a short, intense, life of MWO bliss. In honor of this momentous occasion in the closed beta progression, I will begin posting a few gimped picks of the MLP Battletech crossover I am working on.

Pinkie 3.14 huries through her pre launch checklist as she prepares to take the "Party Cannon" out onto the test track for the first time.

Posted Image

Diane enjoys a moment of satisfaction on the live fire range as she uncaps Big Red for the first time.

Posted Image

Tense and pensive, Diane awaits her first interface drop, knowing 1 in 36 green pilots have been lost this way in the last year of Equestria's mobilization.

Posted Image

There you go, relatively simple pics, but I think they get the job done. I will be posting more pilots as I continue to read and work on 1K1 K.

https://www.youtube....yX4mptCFbo&NR=1

Respectfully

Samaritan

Added these very fitting starcraft vids to the posts

Edited by Samaritan, 27 July 2012 - 07:49 PM.

#6146 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:57 PM

Hon. Mechwarriors;

Here we find tech Rarity preping another mech for launch.

Posted Image

https://www.youtube....Ua546C3H-Q&NR=1

That's all for tonight folks, see you tomorrow.

Respectfully

Samaritan

#6147 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:11 PM

Hon. Mechwarriors;

Rainbow Dash is ever ready to indulge in a good adrenaline rush.

Posted Image

Respectfully

Samaritan

#6148 Grayson Ward

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:47 PM

View PostMason West, on 27 July 2012 - 06:53 PM, said:

What in the world is that thing :D it looks like something born from my twisted imagination, only less robotic or reptilian.

That's our beloved villain Discord, representing Evil, Chaos and Confusion.
Because of the Chaos part, it's obvous that Pinkie must like him a bit alas.
For more info look season2 ep1+2

Posted Image

#6149 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:23 AM

What in the world is that thing :D it looks like something born from my twisted imagination, only less robotic or reptilian.

Discord, as noted- also better known by many as the Voice of Q, from Star Trek: TNG. Had a two-parter at the beginning of season 2 which was rather amusing.

#6150 Sesambrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:51 AM

I think you could say:
Aside of not being a robot and being more than "just a sidekick", he's pretty much like GIR... ^^
Posted Image

#6151 Souske Sagara

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationParkland, WA

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:07 AM

Well, I'm sure there is some mongoose and dog in there somewhere.

#6152 Stahlseele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:08 AM

And actually, the changes he made WERE, generally, liked by pinkie pie.
Especially Chocolate Rain.

#6153 Snapster

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:29 AM

Back in my days, MLP wasn't like that. I really don't get the "cult" in the first place. I'm not expressing hatred or anything, I'm just not understanding how grown men can band together and express their liking to a cartoon aimed for little girls. That is all.

Edited by Snapster, 28 July 2012 - 03:29 AM.

#6154 Sesambrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 July 2012 - 03:47 AM

Well, I could repeat all that has been said before like a hundred times, when someone asked that same question.

I think I'll put it this way;
If you happen to like quality cartoons, then I recommend giving it a shot and see for yourself... If you don't like cartoons in general (yes there are those people my GF being one of them ^_^ ), this is pointless.
I know what it looks like, really... That said though, you can't judge a book by it's cover, and while it may seem strange that grown men like "a show intended for little girls" (which I'm sure people are going to point out that this is not the case) and pink ponies, once you actually gotten behind the outside appearance, you may not necessarily come to like it but have a better understanding on why some people actually do like it.

I think all those arguments/justifications people always bring up when someone scratches this topic, are ultimately meaningless to someone who hasn't seen a single episode, it's the same arguments over and over again anyway...
quality writing, actually intended for the whole family, a lot of popculture references and so on...

My opinion on the matter:
It's a TV-show, so in order to get an idea about it, don't listen too much to others, but take a look yourself.
I've had a discussion about that with my brother last week who "caught" me watching MLP and drawing ponies, and I tried to explain to him why I enjoyed the show, and he'd just say "but it's My little Pony!" all the time. If that's your point of view, then anything we'll ever say will make a difference to you but if you're open minded and can look behind the image that is connected to My little Pony, you may actually come to understand...

All that said, I feel the need to thank you for making your very first post in the pony-topic and not hating on us or the show, which not many have done in the past...

Oh and welcome to the pony-topic and MWO :D

Edited by Sesambrot, 28 July 2012 - 03:49 AM.

#6155 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,339 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:16 AM

Discord is "Q" from Star Trek.

Voiced By the same actor that played Q...

I'm convinced Discrod is what Q does when he's not screwing with Starship Captians. He's probably also just hanging out with Celestia.

Posted Image

Discord: The Clock is ticking Twilight Sparkle... Tick Tick... if you and your friends do not solve my riddle... You'll be stuck as FIlliy's forever.

Twilight Sparkle: You'll never get away with this Discord, we sealed you once using the Elements of Harmony!

Discord: Oh come now Twilight Sparkle... always so serious, lighten up Play some games! *poof* Remember, Clock is Ticking!

[you know you're a brony if you read that in the proper voices.]

Edited by Jade Kitsune, 28 July 2012 - 04:21 AM.

#6156 Souske Sagara

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationParkland, WA

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:28 AM

View PostStahlseele, on 28 July 2012 - 03:08 AM, said:

Some stay dry, and others feel the pain.

#6157 William Petersen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:27 AM

View PostStahlseele, on 28 July 2012 - 03:08 AM, said:

I'd argue that's not necessarily liking chaos, but the specific manifestation chosen by Discord at that particular time. It could just as easily have been arsenic rain.

EDIT:

View PostSnapster, on 28 July 2012 - 03:29 AM, said:

Back in my days, MLP wasn't like that. I really don't get the "cult" in the first place. I'm not expressing hatred or anything, I'm just not understanding how grown men can band together and express their liking to a cartoon aimed for little girls. That is all.

And if you'd read through the thread, you'd have found it explained about every 50 or so pages.

Edited by William Petersen, 28 July 2012 - 05:27 AM.

#6158 Souske Sagara

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationParkland, WA

Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:00 AM

We should have OP edit the first post to include clips from everyponies explanation to that question.

#6159 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,339 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 28 July 2012 - 06:38 AM

Fros7... you mind not attacking my unit, you already drove me away from your unit with your actions here on this thread, and in the forums in general. I personally expect to see you loose more members due to your... focused pushing in recruiting tactics, and constant attacks towards our Unit.

Please note the views in this post are mine, and mine alone based on personal experiences with the EQRG and ELPMC.

now then, back to our usually scheduled Pony.

Posted Image

#6160 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 July 2012 - 07:11 AM

Hon. Mechwarriors;

Gather round my good folk and watch as I amaze and astound you with the bearing of a gentleman who can weather the slanderous tempest in good cheer. It has been a privilige to stand as a bright and shining example of "How not to do it" :D

Posted Image

I thought this piece was rather funny in the context of my original post.

Posted Image

By the way, have I been shanghied? I don't remember joining a unit yet ^_^

Respectfully

Samaritan

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users