9227 replies to this topic

#6461 Sesambrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:38 AM

View PostRentago, on 15 August 2012 - 01:38 AM, said:

I am stunned by how uninformed and biased this post is!

#6462 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:26 AM

I still don't get it!

Why do pony-haters go into a thread that is clearly dedicated to ponies, when there is a thread where they can post their hatred without the post getting deleted again.

#6463 Mister Freeze

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:03 AM

You people are the reason why I can't discuss these things anywhere (online or not) without ridicule. Stop revolving your lives around cartoon horses and grab an actual identity. By calling yourself a "Brony" you are saying "I HAVE NOTHING ELSE IN MY LIFE THAT DEFINES ME EXCEPT MY LOVE FOR A CARTOON". Stop runing it for the rest of us.

Signed, a casual MLP fan.

View PostSesambrot, on 15 August 2012 - 03:38 AM, said:

I am stunned by how uninformed and biased this post is!

Truth hurts, doesn't it?

#6464 William Petersen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:17 AM

View PostMister Freeze, on 15 August 2012 - 08:03 AM, said:

You people are the reason why I can't discuss these things anywhere (online or not) without ridicule. Stop revolving your lives around cartoon horses and grab an actual identity. By calling yourself a "Brony" you are saying "I HAVE NOTHING ELSE IN MY LIFE THAT DEFINES ME EXCEPT MY LOVE FOR A CARTOON". Stop runing it for the rest of us.

Truth hurts, doesn't it?

If Socrates saw this he would have no choice but to conclude, sir, that you are evil.

#6465 Souske Sagara

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationParkland, WA

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:20 AM

Truth hurts, doesn't it?

I'm also a Strawberry Brocake.

#6466 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:24 AM

Errm, what? This is a bold accusation you throw there. Would you mind elaborating on that?

We remain in this thread, we don't push it upon anyone and we don't care if you call yourself a brony or not. I don't see myself as a brony but as a fan of the show and I have seen nothing from the fans here, that would promote ridiculing other MLP fans.

Without further explanation I need to asume that you are nothing nothing but a anti-brony-troll in disguise.

Edited by Egomane, 15 August 2012 - 08:25 AM.

#6467 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• 5,339 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:04 AM

Actually I find this funny that they are crying about another fandom working into Battletech.

Ever hear of "The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension"

Bet you didn't know that Buckaroo Banzai is ALSO in Battletech?

Ever hear of the "Banzai Institute" They're the ones that created the Hatchetman and Axeman battlemechs... They're also from a completely different source material.

Also it's not uncommon for battlemech pilots to have some slogan or reference to "old earth pop culture" on their mechs.

MLP:FiM would be considered "Old Earth Pop Culture."

So techincally... MLP:FIM IS Battletech related. as it's old earth pop culture compaired to the 3049 timeperiod.

Posted Image

Actually I really want to touch on this stuff...

View PostRentago, on 15 August 2012 - 01:38 AM, said:

i don't care for the show but MLP isn't real, it isn't a race or gender, there is no hate speech, racism, or in general what most furries tend to cry about.

it is a furry subgroup, it is supposedly a bunch of people who had no identity, who want to call themselves fans, there is nothing good to come about screaming, yelling, or shoving down something you supposedly like down everyone's throats.

that is generally what happens though, like furries, you parade around and slam your horses down everyone's throats and when they are displeased or don't care for it, someone has to be a big baby about it.

just recognize that a fetish is a fetish, not a religion or race, that being a fan of something doesn't make you cool or smart, but that it does say something about you. That if someone came up to you and kept talking to you about touhou all day and how he loves the anime girls, dresses up as those touhou girls, fantasizes about being with them, and comes into everything not related to it and starts shoving his farts into everything.

of course you will not be liked, you will of course get made fun of, you will not be greeted kindly, this is basic stuff, the kind of common sense and understand anyone should have, that no one has.

god forbid people wise up and realize people do not have to conform to whatever anyone likes, but depending whose house you are in it is their rules, in this sense were not in mylittlepony.com/mechwarrioronline were at mwo, which i assume has to do with meches and everything big huge and cool, and not ponies.

Ok here we go...

Brony's are like any other fandom... Trekkies/trekker's come's to mind, or Star Wars Fans... Browncoats[firefly/serenity fans] anyone, Whoovians? What about Tokatsu[sentai/power ranger] fans? It wasn't that long ago that people were still making fun of Star Trek fans... because it was nerdy and they were easy target's to make fun of for liking stupid science fiction.

MLP isn't really a furry subgroup, are there furs in MLP, yeah I know for a fact there are... but does identifying with a cartoon really make you scum? I know plenty of people who drew fan characters of themselves in DBZ, or as a Sailor Senshi... so what if I draw myself as a pony or create a character or art or fiction around a fandom? How does it being a pony immedately make me a furry? And to even further this, how is it a fetish?

You're right we won't be liked, neither were star wars or star trek fans, in fact, fans of anything are generally seen as annoying or disliked for their fandom because they get passionate about it and start pushing it into other people's faces [hell I avoided Serenity/firefly till recently because the fandom was soo damn obnoxious about it] But how does that make me any less of a person?

As for your last point, see my first points about old earth pop culture.

oh and just because... this is from the "Buckaroo Banzai" character entry on Wikipedia-

Buckaroo Banzai and several other members of Team Banzai are prominently featured in the Battletech universe, a science fiction world taking place in the 31st century. It is not clearly explained how they find themselves in the future other than some sort of time warp, either intentional or inadvertent, but he occupies himself in that era as a professor at the New Avalon Institute of Science on the world of New Avalon within the Federated Suns successor state and is also a Battlemech designer, having designed the Hatchetman and Axeman mechs according to the sourcebooks Battletech Technical Readout 3025 and Battletech Technical Readout 3050. He is also featured as a character in some of the Battletech novels written by Michael Stackpole.

Edited by Jade Kitsune, 15 August 2012 - 09:31 AM.

#6468 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• 5,339 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:44 AM

I really need to petition the devs for an "Ignore" feature.

Anyway, how about those wonderbolts?

Posted Image

#6469 Fuzzyhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEquestria *Applelieface*

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:46 AM

View PostJade Kitsune, on 15 August 2012 - 10:44 AM, said:

Anyway, how about those wonderbolts?

Posted Image

arrrgh huminite ponys MY EYES they burn* away for find a fork*

#6470 Sporkosophy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:56 AM

Posted Image

So, Exalted 3e thread?

#6471 Goku Super Saiyan

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:23 AM

PONIES WE WILL KILL EVERYONE THAT DO NOT ACCEPT OUR FRIENDSHIP!

Posted Image

#6472 Kraktzor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationEdmonton

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:24 AM

View PostSporkosophy, on 15 August 2012 - 10:56 AM, said:

Posted Image

So, Exalted 3e thread?

THIS Spork my friend, is glorious!

#6473 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:25 AM

Hon. Mechwarriors;

Here's a cool crossover pic for your galleries.

Derp the Stampede, everyones favorite veggie-pony.

Posted Image

MLP AFV debuts in this Tank Police crossover.

Posted Image

Here is Rarity under the looking glass.

Posted Image

Here is Pinkie 3.14 and her all day swirly sucker. Diane is famous for her Fourth Wall Do, which may explain why MLP FIM has become the Recces peanut butter/chocolate crossover catalyst of the net.

Posted Image

Here is everyponies' favorite programing Monarch filli.

Posted Image

Better living through engineering. Here Pinkie 3.14 puts the SR71 skunkworks team to shame with a pony powered gyro-copter in seconds...

Posted Image

Here we find Luna sowing the seeds for the Wolf's Rain anime.

Posted Image

Equestria Daily sure rakes in the talent these days.

Respectfully

Samaritan

Edited by Samaritan, 15 August 2012 - 11:27 AM.

#6474 William Petersen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:52 AM

View PostJade Kitsune, on 15 August 2012 - 10:44 AM, said:

There already is one.

Profile > Forums Profile > Edit my Profile > 'Ignore' Preferences > type "Fros7bite" into the field under "Add a new user to your list > click Save Changes

Makes this thread at least 20% Cooler.

#6475 El Scotcho

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationThat part of Florida everyone thinks is Alabama

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:15 PM

I just had to see what the big darn deal was about. I don't understand it, but as long as it doesn't interrupt me playing, who really cares? Have fun guys, or girls, I sure intend to.

#6476 Ian Moon

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 37 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:18 PM

View PostWilliam Petersen, on 15 August 2012 - 11:52 AM, said:

There already is one.

Profile > Forums Profile > Edit my Profile > 'Ignore' Preferences > type "Fros7bite" into the field under "Add a new user to your list > click Save Changes

Makes this thread at least 20% Cooler.

Wait, if we ignore the guy named fros7bite, it makes the thread 20% cooler? I'd imagine losing frostbite would imply an increase in temperature.

#6477 Orion Starion

• PipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 65 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSLC, Utah, USA, Terra

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:23 PM

View PostSamaritan, on 15 August 2012 - 03:23 AM, said:

Hon. Rentago;

Two: Identity. I did not know MLP FIM existed until I came here looking for MWO, and triped over the "Let there be pony" thread. I liked what I saw here and watched the shows to find out what all the fuss is about. This is not a furry subgroup, furry is centered in sexuallity, MLP is not a fetish as that word too has come to imply sexual eccentricity in common use. Is it your contention that liking MLP constitutes a personality breaking meme? I have offered an argument to that effect based on the Tavistokian medium and Monarch references in previous posts. Would you care to ellaborate?

Respectfully

Samaritan

I'm afraid I must respectfully argue with one of your points above.

The Furry fandom does now have a sexual connotation, unfortunately, due to much media hype and hyperbole, but the fandom is definitely not centered in sexuality.

I find it unfortunately that these days I have to amend my furry affiliation with anthropomorphic art fan. I do not fursuit and I most certainly do not have a fetish for sex in suits or for **********. But I love the art and stories and the many great friendships I have made in the fandom. I was a fan of the Disney animated show as a child (when they were new in the theater in many cases) and still am. I role-play regularly in furry based settings in GURPS & D&D, among others, and I have furry races I play in strategic 4x games like Starfire all the time. This makes me a furry and I'm proud to be one. I really hate that a single small subgroup in the fandom has come to be identified as the fandom as a whole.

I'm a brony because I saw alot of cool pony art on fur affinity and deviant art and then found this thread when it popped up on the hot topics list some time ago. I was encouraged to watch the show because of the many interesting and insightful people here and it was also something I could do with my 4 year old that we both enjoy. And it's something she'll sit down for for more than a few minutes. :P

I also read Fallout: Equestria before I'd ever seen a full episode of MLP and I loved the story, cause I love Fallout and it was well written and interesting. My 12 year old son is starting to get interested in MLP:FiM because he loves Fallout 3 like me and likes to watch what I like. I'll probably encourage him to read FO:E eventually.

Anyway, long rambling post. Sorry about that. Suffice it to say, Furry is not equal to Sexual Fetish and Bronies can come from just about any background.

Not sure how to post an image, but here's a link to a very nice luna. http://cainescroll.d...ction-320302929

Thanks,
--Mav

#6478 ultra1437

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:23 PM

View PostEl Scotcho, on 15 August 2012 - 12:15 PM, said:

I just had to see what the big darn deal was about. I don't understand it, but as long as it doesn't interrupt me playing, who really cares? Have fun guys, or girls, I sure intend to.

Most don't think that way, that don't 'like' the show. They think something along the lines of: "These people are idiots/gay/handicapped/etc for liking something i don't, especially because it's made for 8 year old girls."

What they don't realize, is that it's "Made for 8 year old girls, AND THEIR PARENTS." Complete with little bits of innocent adult-esque humor and references that their kids most likely won't pick up on. Something along the lines of Ed, Edd, n Eddy, Dexter's Laboratory, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, PowerPuff Girls, etc. Infact, there are probably people that worked on at least one of those, that i mentioned, that DO work on MLP : FIM.

#6479 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:53 PM

Hon. Orion Starion;

I do not wish to condemn furries uniformly, after all no one but Jesus will die for the sins of the world. But I do believe you will agree that the sexuality centered core of furry fandom lies comfortably within the 98th percentile of self professed furry afficiandos... YERF has been dead for quite awhile. Take this picture for example.

Posted Image

there is a naked fur covered sentient pony under that body armor, but fans of My Little Pony are not likely to be lusting after dashie as a furry fan might for a picture such as this one.

Posted Image

Albedo was my favorite set of Comics when I was growing up as it is a great picture within a picture of the role of man in the angelic conflict.

Please take no offence as I was dealing with a gentleman who had chosen to slander this thread in the context of his own post.

Respectfully

Samaritan

Pony Script: Take a look at one of the 'chievos available for Sins Of The Solar Empire. Apearantly 4X Pony goes better with strategy games than 3X Ponies. :)

Posted Image

Edited by Samaritan, 15 August 2012 - 02:11 PM.

#6480 Ian Moon

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 37 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:09 PM

I would like to state, that that achievement is a royal pain to get in Sins. Took me forever.

I don't see any unposted images in my folder so uh...while I know it's in the thread somewhere let us all remember how cute Twilight is with her waffle.

Posted Image

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users