9227 replies to this topic

#6481 Fuzzyhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEquestria *Applelieface*

Posted 15 August 2012 - 02:22 PM

something diffrent... and now iam hungry!

Posted Image

#6482 CandidAstrius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 111 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:24 PM

Alot of what you wrote made me giggle, and while i dissagree with almost everything you said, this one phrase...

View PostRentago, on 15 August 2012 - 01:38 AM, said:

god forbid people wise up and realize people do not have to conform to whatever anyone likes,

perhaps you take a dose of your own advice, as to like or dislike is mearly 2 sides of the same coin and...god forbid people wise up and realize people do not have to conform to whatever anyone dislikes..

but seriously...
Posted Image

and still the world hasn't ended...

#6483 Damon Howe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:49 PM

View PostCandidAstrius, on 15 August 2012 - 03:24 PM, said:

and still the world hasn't ended...

....Oh my gosh whAT THE HECK IS TH--

#6484 Aresye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:06 PM

View PostMister Freeze, on 15 August 2012 - 08:03 AM, said:

By calling yourself a "Brony" you are saying "I HAVE NOTHING ELSE IN MY LIFE THAT DEFINES ME EXCEPT MY LOVE FOR A CARTOON". Stop runing it for the rest of us.

I personally know a couple of Staff Sergeants in the Marine Corps that wouldn't take those words too kindly.

#6485 Orion Starion

• PipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 65 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSLC, Utah, USA, Terra

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:18 PM

View PostSamaritan, on 15 August 2012 - 12:53 PM, said:

Hon. Orion Starion;

I do not wish to condemn furries uniformly, after all no one but Jesus will die for the sins of the world. But I do believe you will agree that the sexuality centered core of furry fandom lies comfortably within the 98th percentile of self professed furry afficiandos... YERF has been dead for quite awhile. Take this picture for example.

there is a naked fur covered sentient pony under that body armor, but fans of My Little Pony are not likely to be lusting after dashie as a furry fan might for a picture such as this one.

Albedo was my favorite set of Comics when I was growing up as it is a great picture within a picture of the role of man in the angelic conflict.

Please take no offence as I was dealing with a gentleman who had chosen to slander this thread in the context of his own post.

Respectfully

Samaritan

I'm afraid I don't agree that 98% of furries are sexual deviants. I know plenty of G-rated only artists that really don't have any desire to portray sexuality. Now do alot in the fandom find anthro's sexy, sure. I'd say probably a majority even. But that doesn't necessarily mean they hyper sexualize them or or are interested in *********** that includes them. I guess 98% just seems to be painting with too large a brush to me.

I do have to say, I found Albedo with issue 0 and I've been a fan of Steve Gallacci's ever since. My usual forum identity is Mavik Felna if that's any clue as to what I think about it. :lol: You'll find a few of my letters in Albedo and Usagi Yojimbo issues. That's when I first discovered the term Furry and started to call myself one, though my anthro obsession is much older than that.

So anyway, I would appreciate you seeing us furries out here in the same light as us bronies, as very diverse and multifaceted groups that get far more grief than they deserve and are filled with far more wonderful folks than not, even if it's the few bad apples that seem to get all the attention.

Thanks,
--Mav

#6486 Kasai Oni

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationCape Cod

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:50 PM

I'm gonna have to agree with Orion here, having personally seen both fandoms online - and known a few furries in real life as well - both the furry and brony fandoms appear to suffer from two identical and very related problems (not to say that other fandoms don't suffer these problems, but these two more so than probably any other I've seen):

1. The vocal minority/silent majority:
In my experience, the most common brony or furry you will find are the ones you don't actually see: those people who go about their daily lives without a hint of any kind of enjoyment from their respective fandom, relegating all their conversations and obsessions on the subject to the internet. These are the people that would surprise you when they laugh after you make an inside joke about the show, or make a comment about the cool wallpaper you have on your computer, etc.

The other side of course, are the few people who the stereotypes are based on: These are the people with such an outlandish or unique personality/attitude, that they draw the attention and/or ire of everyone around them like moths to a flame. Everybody loves a spectacle, and so these are the people everyone talks about and assumes to be the rule rather than the exception. This brings me right to the second problem both communities share:

2. Poor media spotlighting:
As I said, everybody loves a spectacle, none more so than the media. After all, bad news sells, good news doesn't. And so they bash on said communities because such a juicy target as those people can often make themselves are a hard target to pass up. This leads to the general populace taking fringe stereotypes as absolute truths, such as the piece on "cloppers" that EQD was talking about a while back, or that all furries are fursuiting sexual deviants (or the stereoptype from when I was a kid that Trekkies only watched the show for the green woman, but that always seemed like more of an in-fandom joke).

Edit: also, please forgive any incoherency in this post, as it's way too late for me to be trying to type anything that makes any kind of sense whatsoever. :lol:

Edited by Kasai Oni, 15 August 2012 - 08:51 PM.

#6487 Souske Sagara

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationParkland, WA

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:27 AM

So... Anyone else going to Everfree NW? I'm hitting it up saturday after work with no time to sleep so it should be awesome.

#6488 CandidAstrius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 111 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:39 AM

View PostSouske Sagara, on 16 August 2012 - 01:27 AM, said:

So... Anyone else going to Everfree NW? I'm hitting it up saturday after work with no time to sleep so it should be awesome.

I had not heard of it tell this moment, i'm even going to be in that neck of the woods this weekend... oh well, i find large crowds to be extremely unnerving anyway,
Posted Image
expectanly awaiting photos though : )

Edited by CandidAstrius, 16 August 2012 - 06:31 AM.

#6489 Mechwarrior Of Rock

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationERROR 404

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:34 AM

To all people that continue to have prejudice towards Bronies.
If you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all.

Edited by Captain Wolfus Maximus, 16 August 2012 - 09:35 AM.

#6490 Atlai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts
  • Locationfrom the East of the South end of the North

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:28 AM

Im confused, i thought Jade was one of you???

#6491 Saivost Rast

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationApple Valley, CA.

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:36 AM

A game night you say? Sounds interesting......how would one get involved in said event?

#6492 Atlai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 11:47 AM

View PostFros7bite, on 16 August 2012 - 10:43 AM, said:

Nope! He's part of that other Merc Corp. Don't think I ever saw him post on our forums or join our voice server/ game servers even once. I still think all brony merc groups should come over to the EQRG game night so we can all get to know each other!

OH right there are two of you guys.....i actually meant "one of you" as a pony liker, not merc corp.

Because it didnt make sense that she would troll a thread she liked.

Edited by Mason West, 16 August 2012 - 11:53 AM.

#6493 Atlai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 12:45 PM

I beg to differ?????
Posted Image

#6494 William Petersen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:41 PM

I don't understand why the singular cannot also be the plural. How many Atlas are there? There are 4 Atlas; it is a scout lance.

#6495 Laconte

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 19 posts
  • LocationA fortified Igloo

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:44 PM

Are there any Pony clans? I would defiantly would like to join one.

#6496 Kasai Oni

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationCape Cod

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:23 PM

View PostLaconte, on 16 August 2012 - 02:44 PM, said:

There are two major ones that you'll probably see posting in here quite often - the Eridani Light Pony and the Equestrian Royal Guard. It shouldn't be too hard to find a link to their respective websites, but I'll slap them down here for ya anyways:
Eridani: http://www.eridanipony.com/
EQRG: http://www.equestriaroyalguard.com/

Take a look at them both, and most importantly, have fun wherever you end up!

#6497 Zylo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts
  • Locationunknown, possibly drunk

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:31 PM

To be fair he said pony CLANS, not pony merc groups. I would expect at some point there may be pony CLANS, after some sort of clan invasion and the introduction of OP clan mechs of course.

I've noticed that many times when Fros7bite posts some recruiting related comment we get new apps at ELPMC. I have to admit it seems sort of pointless for anyone to recruit here by posting comments in the thread considering both ELPMC and EQRG have links to their websites in member signatures. A potential recruit simply needs to click a sig banner and look at the available options in pony merc groups.

#6498 Atlai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:27 PM

View PostWilliam Petersen, on 16 August 2012 - 01:41 PM, said:

I don't understand why the singular cannot also be the plural. How many Atlas are there? There are 4 Atlas; it is a scout lance.

Its really just for fun, Atlai sounds cool to some of us and we just like running with it for fun, thats all it should be taken for, like your show :) (not bashing, its hard to read emotion in text)

View PostFros7bite, on 16 August 2012 - 01:49 PM, said:

Well Atlai doesn't work at all. You lose the root word. Altases is just a standard suffix for words that end with "as".

See above ^

Of course, i think you are talking about these guys?

Edited by Mason West, 16 August 2012 - 05:28 PM.

#6499 William Petersen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:41 PM

View PostMason West, on 16 August 2012 - 05:27 PM, said:

Its really just for fun, Atlai sounds cool to some of us and we just like running with it for fun, thats all it should be taken for, like your show :) (not bashing, its hard to read emotion in text)

"Atlai" always makes me think of atlatl. XD

[REDACTED]

Edited by Viterbi, 17 August 2012 - 06:45 AM.
Removed off-topic issue

#6500 Skadi

• 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:17 PM

View PostMason West, on 16 August 2012 - 12:45 PM, said:

I beg to differ?????
Posted Image

if your going to post this image, atleast post the good version i made for you mason
Posted Image

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook