#9081 Majorfatboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 623 posts
  • LocationBound and gagged on The Island

Posted 01 December 2014 - 04:17 PM

View PostAdridos, on 01 December 2014 - 01:05 PM, said:

Wait, pal, that chart implies pony and best are not one and the same and that every pony isn't the best pony... :ph34r:
The question is simple, then.
Who is the best pony?

Dude, this is legit NASA science **** here (And totally not something dumb I did because I'm bored), it's probibly, like, way deep and sciency n' **** (And totally not something dumb I did because I'm bored).

So, basically:
BECAUSE SCIENCE
Posted Image

#9082 xengk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 02 December 2014 - 03:54 AM

View PostAdridos, on 01 December 2014 - 01:05 PM, said:

Wait, pal, that chart implies pony and best are not one and the same and that every pony isn't the best pony... :ph34r:
The question is simple, then.

Spoiler

Posted Image
Zyugga why you cray cray?
You best sit and eat your hay.
It is obvious Applejack is Best Pony.
There is no need for moeblob phony.

#9083 Majorfatboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 623 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 10:09 AM

View Postxengk, on 02 December 2014 - 03:54 AM, said:

Posted Image

Okay, I have to admit it, I laughed hard at this one.
In fact, I'm still chuckling.

#9084 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 03 December 2014 - 07:42 AM

Anyone who likes this kind of stuff must be soft in the head. (just teasing! ;) )

...I really can't take my enemy seriously if he's a pony fan. :lol:

It looks like I wandered into the weird area of the Internet again. *Walks out quickly and bolts door behind him*

Edit: Apparently, you people take this stuff pretty seriously; one of you reported me. I went back and read your OP. Please know that I was just cutting up and did not mean any actual offense by my jest. I would never intentionally provide offense and was merely participating in what I thought was a thread joking about pony stuff.

Next time, I'll read the OP first. Good day.

Edited by Nightmare1, 03 December 2014 - 10:11 AM.

#9085 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:46 AM

Before I completly forget to post it here...

Posted Image

And for tomorrow I have tricked one of my friends into playing a round of the CCG with me. All he knows, is that I want to play a CCG with him, that he hasn't played yet. So far he is guessing anime or manga related. ;)

#9086 Majorfatboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 623 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 03:00 PM

View PostNightmare1, on 03 December 2014 - 07:42 AM, said:

Edit: Apparently, you people take this stuff pretty seriously; one of you reported me. I went back and read your OP. Please know that I was just cutting up and did not mean any actual offense by my jest. I would never intentionally provide offense and was merely participating in what I thought was a thread joking about pony stuff.

And shame on whoever it was that reported You.
Not all of us take this crap seriously:
Posted Image

#9087 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 12:29 AM

View PostMajorfatboy, on 03 December 2014 - 03:00 PM, said:

And shame on whoever it was that reported You.
Not all of us take this crap seriously:

I have been the one. I did it, before he made various edits to his post, when there was only the insult to us bronies and no smiley or explaination. I then contacted him myself and told him about the report, the rules for the pony threads and all that. That's when he edited his post and I retracted my report.

I never said, that I take ponies serious (hey, they are only animated fictional characters), I do take insults and the MWO pony rules serious though.

Posted Image

#9088 Stahlseele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany

Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:57 AM

And why u not Mod anymore? O.o

#9089 Egomane

• 8,163 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 02:04 AM

View PostStahlseele, on 04 December 2014 - 01:57 AM, said:

And why u not Mod anymore? O.o

Sorry, but there is only one answer I can give you to that question.

Posted Image

#9090 CandidAstrius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 111 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 02:13 PM

Posted Image

More pony!

#9091 Logan Hawke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 504 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:07 AM

View Postxengk, on 02 December 2014 - 03:54 AM, said:

Posted Image

When I get off work I'm saving that picture and keeping it forever.

WASS GOOD ZYUGGA, WASS REAL GOOD?!?!?!?

Edited by Logan Hawke, 16 December 2014 - 09:08 AM.

#9092 Tank

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 17 December 2014 - 01:39 PM

Ponies invasion in to Battletech turf gone too far. First you pony around and then you steal Tank names!

Next time, when you summoning Alacorns, beware.... :)

Posted Image

P.S. All hate gone to Google, dumb thing can't tell witch is witch! :angry:

#9093 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 19 December 2014 - 08:05 PM

No no no.

This is an Alacorn tank. It's triple Gauss rifles are a potent way to say "Drop dead" to anyone in it's long reach.

Posted Image

These are Equestrian Kingdom Aiicorns.

They are equipped with a single forward mounted particle beam weapon...

Posted Image

But boooooy is it a doozy, especially when someone overcharged the capacitor.

Edited by wanderer, 19 December 2014 - 08:05 PM.

#9094 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• 5,339 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 05 January 2015 - 03:28 AM

View PostStalephreak, on 27 November 2014 - 06:32 PM, said:

I've got a bunch of CCG cards that I'm willing to trade off... pm me, and we can always compare.

I play a rarity/twilight deck, but nobody around me plays.

I bought a deck a while back, the rules were a bit confusing in a couple of instances, and my friend and I ended up gridlocked.

Anyway if you're interested in finding more players, there's actually a mod for "Tabletop Simulator" over on steam that has all the cards up till recently, I haven't checked it out, but it would be one way to play at least.

#9095 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• 5,339 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 05 January 2015 - 03:33 AM

View PostNightmare1, on 03 December 2014 - 07:42 AM, said:

Anyone who likes this kind of stuff must be soft in the head. (just teasing! ;) )

...I really can't take my enemy seriously if he's a pony fan. :lol:

It looks like I wandered into the weird area of the Internet again. *Walks out quickly and bolts door behind him*

Next time, I'll read the OP first. Good day.

You know... it's funny, 3 years ago, that's what the majority of the Battletech/mechwarrior community felt.

Then the ELPMC won the first two RHOD tourney's during closed and open beta...

Pony's, who everyone thought was stupid, won the first orginized events in MWO.

Think about that my friend. ^_^

Posted Image

edit:

Instead of adding more posts to the thread, figured I'd post up here.

I've noticed a few of you discussing fanfiction. And as of Rainbow Rocks, my love for Sunset Shimmer has been rekindled.

With idle hope of her showing up in season 5 thanks to plot reasons over in RR, [unlikely, but would be AWESOME!]. I wanted more of our favorite bacon haired ex-shedemon.

So to Fimfiction I went, looking for something that would be awesome, but not overdone. I read a few good fics here and there. the occasional clop fic sure, but I couldn't find any story's that really jumped out at me. I've been involved with fandoms for well over 15 years by this point, and I've seen enough of the same old tired premises done in fanfiction form that I was starting to see more of the same.

Then I stumbled on something... something wonderful...
Posted Image

Seven Days in Sunny June...

But I couldn't read it, not yet, it was linked to something else. the "A Hairy Problem" fic and the "Berylverse" universe it was attatched to. By the time I'd found 7DSJ, it already had 2 books out and a couple of spinoff's... so I figured i'd read through "A Hairy Problem" first... and that's where I almost didn't get into 7DSJ, and had I followed my initial instincts to run, I never would have gotten my hands on a rather fun premise for Sunset.

A Hairy Problem, is a werewolf fic... I HATE fics like that generally. I've seen the premise done 1000 different times in other fandoms and it's always so damned lackluster it hurts. But not AHP, or it's sequel fic... Bluebastard actually wrote a pretty well thought out universe with it. And while there's an OC in it that could be condiered a bit sue-ish, I happen to quite like Raspberry Beryl, as her overall premise is one that hasn't been touched on very often.

Anyway After reading up on the Berylverse... I dove into Seven Days in Sunny June. Which is an AU to the main Equestria Girls universe [In 7DSJ, there's none of the "coloring" to get around race, all the characters are human as we know them on the human side of the portal] and I was almost instantly entraped by the story that Shinzukara was writing.

Happening before the events of Rainbow Rocks and in it's own version of EQG's timeline, most everything that happened in the first movie, actually happened. But it's the events that happen but a month later that begin to really get the ball rolling.

Seven Days in Sunny June hits close to home on a lot of issues, and has a fairly grounded, entertaining premise worthy of some of the best TV drama's out there. It's a teen rated fic, with no real relationship stuff going on, it's all about the drama of the situations and following Sunset comming to terms with everything changing in her life, as well as her fears of possibly returning to Equestria to face Celestia.

It's well written and well done. Book two takes us back to Equestria as Sunset has to deal with a threat from her homeland, and is written again by Blue ******* from the Berylverse story's... while not quite as strong as the first book, I found it enjoyable.

Book 3 hands it back off to the writer of book 1, and returns us to the human side of the mirror... it's only two chapters in currently, and will be updating the next chapter this week I do believe.

If you're looking for a new fic universe to delve into, [and maybe get away from FoE for a little while] I definately recommend Seven Days in Sunny June, I really don't think you'll regret it. and if you want to know a bit more about what's going on in book 2, definately give "A Hairy Problem" a chance too. it takes a tired concept and flips it on it's head. [even if the writing is a bit lackluster]

A Hairy Problem: http://www.fimfictio...a-hairy-problem
A Hairier Problem: Rise of the Furrball :http://www.fimfiction.net/story/124884/a-hairier-problem-rise-of-the-furball

Seven Days in Sunny June can be found here[all but book 2]: http://www.fimfictio...gory&user=17504

Book 2 can be found here: http://www.fimfictio...ny-june-book-ii

Edited by Flash Frame, 05 January 2015 - 04:05 AM.

#9096 Domoneky

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOn The Map

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:56 PM

Posted Image Saw this and thought it be perfect here. Not for trolling but for some good laughs

#9097 Stahlseele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany

Posted 08 January 2015 - 02:43 PM

Posted Image

#9098 Sizzles

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,221 posts
  • LocationWaiting in line for his UrbanMech UM-PP.

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:10 PM

Posted Image

#9099 Dmitry Kerensky

• PipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 30 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSovetskaya, Rostov-on-Don, Russian Federation

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:43 AM

Posted Image

#9100 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• 5,339 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 11 January 2015 - 07:27 AM

Picked myself up an early birthday present.

The Elements of Harmony reference guide.
The Journal of the Two Sisters.
and the Daring Do 3 book collectors set.

The collectors set comes in a wonderful little chest that looks like it came right out of a daring do story itself. and has enough room to fit all 5 books once the "false" book is removed.

I've read through the first two Daring Do books, and was relatively impressed given what I was expecting the writing to be [I was expecting gradeschool level fiction, was plesantly surprised to find it middleschool level at least.] The first book even opens with something that was quite shocking, from the villians perspective and talking about the mutilation of his cutie mark. [which was a shocker to hear about something like that in an official piece of fiction.]

Daring's characterization is actually fairly decent, and a bit on the grey side.

Journal of the Two Sisters is a fun read, that includes the friendship letters from the additional journal that Twilight started during Season 4 once Celestia and Luna stopped writing in it. It's a wonderful backstory into Luna and Celestia's beginnings as rulers of Equestria, and really fleshes out a few characters that I hadn't expected to really see.

The reference guide, quite a nice little book, with some interviews with Lauren and Meghan, as well as episode overviews for the first 3 seasons.

Over all, not a bad collection ^_^

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook