Let there be PONY!

9227 replies to this topic

#6941 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:05 PM

Hon. Mechwarriors;

Here is a very good collection of art by Ponykillerx on deviantart. Go check out the rest of her gallery.

Twilight Sparkle puts in dozens of hours of research for each informed 15 seconds of commentary, she'd make a good Theologian.
Posted Image

Rarity and vitae dolce, it's what she's known for, but there are thousands of SBA hours behind those moments.

Posted Image

Ah yes, those 30 seconds of terror that make an adventure interesting. Too bad we only get to hear about the happy endings in most cases as an Equestrian unhappy ending is gennerally fatal.

Posted Image

I hope you enjoy the pics and I look forward to meeting you in battle soon.

Here's a catchy tune that should redeem a portion of your time today.

Respectfully

Samaritan

Edited by Samaritan, 14 September 2012 - 05:09 PM.

#6942 boah

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 22 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 14 September 2012 - 05:12 PM

just to join in the fun... ;-P

#6943 Watchit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 15 September 2012 - 12:01 AM

Hey some more ponies + robots, not exactly battletech, but still awesome :P

Posted Image

created by the venerable CyberToaster.

#6944 Bjarnulf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 175 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:28 AM

View PostFros7bite, on 15 September 2012 - 07:20 AM, said:

Posted Image

THAT is goin to be my new Avatar..if I´ll allowed to use it^^
would you make a wallpaper for me like this in1080p, please?

#6945 Fuzzyhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 372 posts
  • LocationEquestria *Applelieface*

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:30 AM

[REDACTED IMAGE]

#6946 Fuzzyhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 372 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:38 PM

Posted Image

well iam out of pictures

#6947 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:14 AM

View PostSamaritan, on 14 September 2012 - 04:16 PM, said:

I tend to agree, but that would be a PacMule mod would it not? <_<

I thought about it once more and edited my post.

And here is some Derpy.

Posted Image

#6948 Fuzzyhead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 372 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:14 AM

Posted Image

preloaded and ready, just wait for the launch, and wait and wait and RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Posted Image

#6949 Watchit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 16 September 2012 - 11:53 AM

I love that gif :)

#6950 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 September 2012 - 05:33 PM

Hon. Mechwarriors;

Ah'm put'n the finnishing touches on another Pony Tail tonight. It tips the scales on the largish side o thangs, so Ah may have to split the post up a bit.

This will be mah take on Celestia's "To the Moon, Luna!"
Posted Image

Respectfully

Samaritan

#6951 Shootaloo

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:05 PM

View PostEgomane, on 16 September 2012 - 06:14 AM, said:

Posted Image

The nurse is probably shocked not just because she's looking the wrong way, she's looking the wrong way and calling out all the letters perfectly.

#6952 Atlai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts
  • Locationfrom the East of the South end of the North

Posted 16 September 2012 - 09:26 PM

View PostFuzzyhead, on 16 September 2012 - 10:14 AM, said:

Posted Image

preloaded and ready, just wait for the launch, and wait and wait and RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Posted Image

Reminds me of when i took this to fencing one time :(
Posted Image

#6953 ultra1437

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:17 AM

View PostFuzzyhead, on 16 September 2012 - 10:14 AM, said:

Posted Image

Same here, all loaded up and ready for tonight.

Edited by ultra1437, 17 September 2012 - 04:17 AM.

#6954 Z0MBIE Y0SHI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:44 AM

Honest question, not trying to start anything;
Why do you guys like MLP? I mean, people watch Michael Bay films because they love explosions. I watch programs like Family Guy because I love irony and offensive humor. People watch p*rn because... its p*rn, whats not to love? Whats the appeal of MLP?

#6955 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:11 PM

Z0MBIE Y0SHI please look at this thread:
http://mwomercs.com/...t-there-be-wut/

While your question must have been answered a hundred times in this thread alone and I could write it up for the onehundredandfirst time, if you look over there you will find your answer faster.

#6956 ultra1437

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 17 September 2012 - 12:53 PM

View PostZ0MBIE Y0SHI, on 17 September 2012 - 11:44 AM, said:

Why do you guys like MLP? I mean, people watch Michael Bay films because they love explosions. I watch programs like Family Guy because I love irony and offensive humor. People watch p*rn because... its p*rn, whats not to love? Whats the appeal of MLP?

I'm warning you now, this might sound so cliche that it's not even funny. It's also srs bsns and my real reasoning behind this.

My own personal reason would likely be that the characters in the show are more 'human' than about any cartoon or 'reality TV' (yeah right, 'reality' my ***) show out there. They're have their strengths, their faults, and best of all, they seem to LEARN from their mistakes, own up to them, and then grow and become better personalities for it.

Not every character is this way, which is usually relegated to secondary characters, but each of the main characters featured in each episode seems lifelike and if each personality were an actual human, would probably fit right in on earth, not perfectly, but close enough for it to be an easy adaptation.

THAT is why i like MLP, the characters are far more lifelike than about anything else i've seen, short of it's predecessors. Those would be: Dexter's laboratory, powerpuff girls, and there's more. I just can't remember them off the top of my head, i know there's near a dozen shows or more in total.

In addition, each episode (both count as one in the case of a two-part) also has a clear and unique lesson to it as well, that actually can be applied to the real world in some fashion.

Finally, the fanbase churns out so much awesome content it's downright AMAZING. Fanfiction, art, music, even collectibles. You can probably name it and it's either in the process of being made, or has been. I'm quite partial to the music side of it, but i can appreciate the art and writing as well. Sure, there's R34 content and such, but it's in the minority of all of it.

In fact i joined BECAUSE of the music, someone linked me some of the music and didn't tell me it was based on MLP. When i asked what the inspiration was, i was pointed towards the show. Like most who hadn't seen it, i reacted with revulsion, saying the stock "It's a little girls show, what the @#$% is so good about it?" I then committed one hour of my time to watch the first three episodes (Season 1 eps 1, 2, and 3), and was instantly hooked. That was nearly three months ago.

Oh look, another essay comment. How not-uncommon of me when talking MLP. At this rate i'll become a writer.

#6957 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:42 PM

View PostZ0MBIE Y0SHI, on 17 September 2012 - 11:44 AM, said:

Same reason I loved Animaniacs and Freakazoid back in the day. It's a kid's cartoon show that's hiding plentiful amounts of lulz for adults behind the pastel ponydom. As the creator is also notable for work on Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, it's a similar pleasure to watch- and even now, the show's makers feed a steady flow of humor that goes right over a child's head and smacks straight into the face of adults, even if the animation is "cuter" than the two previous ones.

And face it. This is NOT normal kiddie cartoon content, no matter how adorable the ponies might look.

#6958 IRONwaffle

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5 posts
  • Locationcanada bc

Posted 17 September 2012 - 11:09 PM

there should be a death match between MLP, carebears, telatubbies and mortal kombat

#6959 mechasword

Clone

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:46 AM

Ummm... not here

#6960 Grayson Ward

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:16 AM

so much for only kiddie content

3 user(s) are reading this topic