Let there be PONY!

9227 replies to this topic

#2361 Gun Bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts
  • LocationGarrison duty on some FWL Planet and itching for action.

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:05 AM

View Postlincolnsmash, on 29 April 2012 - 07:11 PM, said:

Well I don't get how people like sauerkraut, so there's that. <_<

Me either. I've tried MLP and sauerkraut and didn't find much that was special about either.

I'm probably going to get lynched now.

#2362 Sesambrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:50 AM

Hm, I never looked at it that way.
Besides I'm fairly certain I'd still enjoy the show even if I didn't have someone to talk about it. I don't know any RL-person who watches it so I usually don't mention it. It's just another show, like the anime I watch, and in fact I've never really talked to anyone about anime at all...
...well with the exception of pokémon about 10 yrs ago lol

Posted Image

While the way you look at it is an interessting one, it seems to disregard the people who just watch it for their enjoyment.
Why do people watch The Simpsons, Southpark or Pinky and Brain, or any kind of cartoon for that matter?
Maybe some wanna talk about it, but I think the vast majority just does it because they enjoy the show for whatever reason.
I've hardly heard anyone question them, aside of occasionally calling them "Nerds". Then again, all of us could be considered nerds for lurking the forums of a game, which hasn't even been released yet, discussing fictional weapontechnology, fictional house politics and so on. Looking at it objectively makes it seem just as wierd.
What bugs me is why I, or anyone is always asked as to why I/they like certain things. As if I had to justify any of that to a complete stranger.

But enough of that, I just wish people would finally get on with their lives instead of harrassing others for being the way they are.
I've had enough of that bullshit back in school, after that I thought people would finally mature, just to find that especially on the internet, the majority of people devolves back into arrogant little brats...
That's just sad!

Sry, got a little off topic here...
lincolnsmash, as I said, I find your breakdown quite interessting, it seems like a legit way to look at it, but I don't think it actually depicts the truth. You present two categories, but I think there are at least three if not more.... In general though, I think categorizing people hardly ever works right, maybeon a basic level, but you'll soon reach the point where the individuals personality gets in your way.

As for Sauerkraut, anyone ever heard of "Schupfnudeln"
Posted Image
they're made with Sauerkraut and I really love them!

Besides, Sauerkraut also tastes good with Kassler:
Posted Image

Yummi!
Well, crap, now I'm hungry! -.-

And because this post needs more pony, anyone seen this yet?

Edited by Sesambrot, 30 April 2012 - 12:52 AM.

#2363 Coralld

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:04 AM

This made me laugh really hard. <_<
Posted Image

#2364 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:10 AM

View PostCoralld, on 29 April 2012 - 06:47 PM, said:

All according to plan.

*signs to himself: "get PC repaired ASAP, so I don't have to watch TV in the morning"*

#2365 Tanki

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:23 AM

View PostSesambrot, on 30 April 2012 - 12:50 AM, said:

But enough of that, I just wish people would finally get on with their lives instead of harrassing others for being the way they are.
I've had enough of that bullshit back in school, after that I thought people would finally mature, just to find that especially on the internet, the majority of people devolves back into arrogant little brats...
That's just sad!

I have the perfect video for you and Jessie Rarity made me lol.

#2366 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:38 AM

View PostAdridos, on 30 April 2012 - 08:10 AM, said:

*signs to himself: "get PC repaired ASAP, so I don't have to watch TV in the morning"*

If you are trying to escape MLP then why do you eventually come to the Ponie thread? How is getting your PC fixed going to change this? The only thing I can think of is that you will be able to do other stuff but at the same time use your fixed PC and jump back into this Ponie party. So other then that I got nothing.
Posted Image

#2367 Zervziel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVan Zandt

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:41 AM

Here's a question everyone who saw the last episode must answer:

Posted Image

Yes this applies to all ponies.

#2368 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:42 AM

Yes. <_<

#2369 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 30 April 2012 - 08:52 AM

View PostCoralld, on 30 April 2012 - 08:38 AM, said:

If you are trying to escape MLP then why do you eventually come to the Ponie thread? How is getting your PC fixed going to change this? The only thing I can think of is that you will be able to do other stuff but at the same time use your fixed PC and jump back into this Ponie party.

I look here only because I spend a lot of time waiting to read something about BT/MW:O and when nothing else is available, I look here.
I have nothing against the show itself, I just want to fight against the spam of it. <_<

#2370 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:03 AM

I just realized something, our Sea Wolves Merc units colors are remarkably similar to those of Chrysalis... Hmm... I am half tempted to try and change our name from Sea Wolves to The Changeling Army.

Edited by Coralld, 30 April 2012 - 09:05 AM.

#2371 SquareSphere

• 1,656 posts
  • LocationIn your clouds, stealing your thunder

Posted 30 April 2012 - 09:53 AM

View PostGun Bear, on 30 April 2012 - 12:05 AM, said:

Me either. I've tried MLP and sauerkraut and didn't find much that was special about either.

Nope, you tried the show, that's all we would ask for. Not everyone is going to like it for whatever reason. Honestly, I could see how if one didn't like show tunes, the show would be a turn off.

#2372 Catamount

• LIEUTENANT, JUNIOR GRADE
  • 3,305 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:36 AM

View Postlincolnsmash, on 29 April 2012 - 10:05 PM, said:

*Warning: Semi-seriouspost and speculation ahead*

Actually, if you want some real reasoning as to why it's so popular, IMO, it's because the functional purpose of media isn't to "suspend disbelief", whether you're talking about film, books, video-games, or whatever else, the real purpose is metacommunicative -- in other words the media creates a common ground for communication and interaction because we understand it's not real even while engaged with it -- that's what makes media enjoyable, not the facade of realism or being immersed in it. When you play UT, you don't enjoy fragging people because you actually believe you're killing them, it's fun because you know it's just play.

I mean really, it's the same with a lot of fandoms, whether you're talking about Touhou or certain otaku subcultures, to Harry Potter fans or whatever else. That shared experience is the most important part of the whole thing because we're social creatures, and how the media helps us relate to one another is more important than whether we immerse our own private minds in it.

So yeah, if you view media with the primitive paradigm of suspension of disbelief, where these young men want to "escape" to this fantasy world with ponies, it does seem weird. If you view it in light of what it functionally is -- people using silly kids entertainment for fun and creating a creative and social lingua franca, then it makes a lot more sense.

Well it's good to see someone finally understands <_<

Now if only this logic could be applied more broadly, we'd finde the unnecessary stigma surrounding many communities and activities suddenly disappearing.

#2373 Stahlseele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany

Posted 30 April 2012 - 10:40 AM

At least you tried it and did not simply write something dumb about how this is for little girls only . .

#2374 Hollister

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 321 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:04 AM

View PostAdridos, on 30 April 2012 - 08:52 AM, said:

I look here only because I spend a lot of time waiting to read something about BT/MW:O and when nothing else is available, I look here.
I have nothing against the show itself, I just want to fight against the spam of it. <_<

You should just surrender yourself to the pony now, it really is for all the better.

Heres a movie on how it all happens, to alot of us.

#2375 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:41 AM

Ponies love and tolerate... No lynching.

#2376 juxstapo

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts
  • Locationmy Tier is bigger than yours.

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:10 PM

Threadlink:
http://www.mektek.ne...appening-to-me/

The full story of my conversion.

#2377 Tyzh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 495 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:38 PM

I don't have any particularly dramatic or heartwarming story for why I started watching ponies. It was more of a flipping through channels looking for something to watch and found ponies. I settled there because I recalled it being mentioned that the show is better than one might imagine. After watching 2 episodes I was a goner. <_<

#2378 Watchit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:46 PM

My story pretty much aligns with Tyzh... except it was in a folder of a bunch of shows my friend gave me and told me were good <_<

#2379 Kristof Bowen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:58 PM

Pony in a folder...

Posted Image

#2380 Patrio Sioux Daltum

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:02 PM

I can't lie, I almost became a brony. Very nearly there; I had watched five or so episodes. Some were alright. I think that was a few months ago. Heck, back at another forum I'm a regular at, Nationstates, the bronies have a stranglehold on nearly a quarter of the forums, which is a lot. And I regularly browsed their topics.
Then I stumbled upon the brony Nazis. That's what snapped me back, because I knew I could never associate with that crap. The show's alright(Though don't kid yourselves; it was, in fact, designed for prepubescent females) but one of the major turnoffs, aside from brony Nazis, was the fact they turned a perfectly likeable fellow, Discord, to stone. For no good reason, I might add.

23 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 23 guests, 0 anonymous users