Let there be PONY!

9227 replies to this topic

#3281 Alastair Corsair

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationMid West USA

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:47 AM

View PostFury, on 01 November 2011 - 02:41 AM, said:

Ponies are the glue which holds the internet together these days.

Dont forget cats! Cats are just as important. However OP awesome and I thought getting Brohoofed in Civ 5 last night was cool, this wins. Think a whole lance in themed war paint! Pray you dont cross sadistic rarity, or miss pinky[the killer one].

Whos else is in to make a Clan centered in MLP fandom and Killing nah-sayers?!?!? we all know we would be come a force to be reckoned with!

Save Derpy *BroHoofs Screen*

#3282 SquareSphere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationIn your clouds, stealing your thunder

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:51 AM

View PostAlastair Corsair, on 04 June 2012 - 06:47 AM, said:

Whos else is in to make a Clan centered in MLP fandom and Killing nah-sayers?!?!? we all know we would be come a force to be reckoned with!

Save Derpy *BroHoofs Screen*

Check the recuitment thread, there's at least 2 active MLP centric units.

#3283 TheTuque

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:53 AM

As a non mlp fan looking in first and foremost thank you for not being rabid about your fandom and spreading throughout the forums.

#3284 Alizabeth Aijou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:00 AM

View PostUnit 05, on 03 June 2012 - 09:29 PM, said:

And I find it mindblowing that a person can call upon maturity when they boast about a 11 year old girls show at the age of 18 or older.

I find it funny how people claim to be mature when they go troll a topic about a such a series.

xD
Awesome!

Does my fluttershy look cute, though.

WHO'S READY FOR E3?!

I'm ready for the beta invites that come after E3.

#3285 Voridan Atreides

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSittin on Turn 3 at Elkhart watchin the Corvettes roar by....I wish. (Stockholm, WI, USA)

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:03 AM

Wow..................

#3286 Badgerpants

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:15 AM

View PostAlastair Corsair, on 04 June 2012 - 06:47 AM, said:

Pray you dont cross sadistic rarity, or miss pinky[the killer one]

I'm more scared of Fluttershy! have you seen what that pony can do when she gets riled up? Reminds me so much of Bubbles! :)

Edited by Badgerpants, 04 June 2012 - 07:15 AM.

#3287 Watchit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:52 AM

hmmm, I suspect the sudden spike in dissenters may be due to the sudden increase of new forum users due to the closed beta announcement and the proximity of E3... And that these new forum users are not aware of our little agreement with the devs to keep ponies within Jettisoned Communications.

Posted Image

#3288 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:00 AM

Need more Ponies...
Posted Image
... And skittles

#3289 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:03 AM

View PostJaggar Boo, on 03 June 2012 - 09:05 PM, said:

Nah I can hit ponies with that pistol about 20 feet or so. Not head shots, but good body shots. I use a rifle for anything longer than 25 feet.

Ah yes, but can you hit a target center mass wearing full flight gear, helmet, NVGs, at night?

Posted Image

#3290 Jaggar Boo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 103 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:24 AM

View PostAresye, on 04 June 2012 - 08:03 AM, said:

Ah yes, but can you hit a target center mass wearing full flight gear, helmet, NVGs, at night?

Posted Image

Hell no. I have not trained with all of that! I would not know how to turn on NVGs! I just shoot pistols and rifles. I am not military.

#3291 Sporkosophy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:30 AM

View PostJazzySteel, on 04 June 2012 - 06:36 AM, said:

You need to read The Tessalonica Legacy. It explains all of it, is also a very good read and MLP/Battletech crossover.

Going to be honest, found it meh compared to this: http://www.fimfictio...6/Falling-Stars

#3292 William Petersen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:47 AM

View Posttyphon, on 03 June 2012 - 10:05 PM, said:

Between this and Erratic Cheese's appearance, we may as well say goodbye to the forums

Translation:

Herp derp derp derp! Ponies have a single thread on a multi-board forum! Forum trashed! Abandon ship!

View PostFlakAttack, on 04 June 2012 - 06:31 AM, said:

Yeah... I don't think you get to decide what is and isn't mature.

And you do? For that matter, who does, and what gives them that authority? Don't you dare say something stupid like "societal majority". The Majority can go screw itself.

#3293 Der Kommissar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:54 AM

View PostDarthLopez, on 02 June 2012 - 07:54 PM, said:

Yes but while we're entitled to our opinions that those who think of us as degenerate manchildren are probably uneducated, haven't watched the show, and are probably a wee bit over concerned about Gender identity (possibly stemming from/indicating some form of insecurity they have with the concept). We don't go to other peoples threads and call them degenerate manchildren, furries, etc.. etc... and we aren't generally abbrasive to them because of their opinions. We just sorta:
Posted Image
and leave them be most of the time.

However Going around and being abbrassive to people because one is not of the same opinion, group, or what have you to make yourself feel better or to get a rise out of someone that sir is called trolling. And that is what most of those people do. Legitimate Term is Legitimate.

consider the quote:

"Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

-C.S. Lewis

perhaps one day everyone can get something out of it.

Posted Image

#3294 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:56 AM

http://balloonparty.bandcamp.com/ - 100% Free Hardcore Brony Album! Get it NOW!

Posted Image

I feel compelled to also mention that if you do end up donating money to the album, the funds will be used to help brony musicians (such as those who are overseas) get to BronyCon. Any money leftover will be given to charitable organizations.

Edited by Aresye, 04 June 2012 - 10:27 AM.

#3295 Sesambrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:17 AM

Darth Vader finds the lack of pony on this page disturbing!
Posted Image

Also, a word of advice, don't brag with weaponskills when there's military personel around! :)
Posted Image

#3296 Rikogu

• Pip
  • Veteran Founder
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:28 AM

View PostRikogu, on 03 June 2012 - 10:48 PM, said:

You know, for a long time I asked myself "How can a grown man openly admit to not only watching, but loving MLP?" Just couldn't wrap my head around it. Until I finally realized, "Oh wait, I was a huge fan of Powderpuff Girls back in the day..."
I'm still not a MLP fan let alone a brony, but I feel like I at least understand those that are a little better. Consider my hater status revoked.

View PostFabe, on 04 June 2012 - 05:41 AM, said:

Let me guess ,it was the art style and the humor that attracted you the the show right?

Yeah, pretty much.

#3297 Fabe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:30 PM

View PostFlakAttack, on 04 June 2012 - 06:31 AM, said:

Yeah... I don't think you get to decide what is and isn't mature.

I don't get the fan reaction to this show. I've seen things many times better (Gurren Lagann, Megas XLR, Full Metal Alchemist, Berzerk, Hellsing, and that's just a few tv shows) that got no where near this much attention online. I think the MLP fans really bring it on themselves for overreacting about what is, at best, an above average children's tv show.

Wasn't really doing that a or at least that wasn't my intent any ways the Haters/trolls who come in here don't have that right either but they keep passing judgement on us telling us we're "immature" and "man-children" . Who gave them that right?

#3298 LincolnSmash

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:37 PM

View PostFabe, on 04 June 2012 - 01:30 PM, said:

Wasn't really doing that a or at least that wasn't my intent any ways the Haters/trolls who come in here don't have that right either but they keep passing judgement on us telling us we're "immature" and "man-children" . Who gave them that right?

Anybody is free to judge other people over stupid stuff, but it just shows their own lack of perspective and inability to acknowledge the basic humanity in other people.

Or, as some lame musician once put it:

Paul McCartney said:

I used to think that anyone doing anything weird was weird. I suddenly realized that anyone doing anything weird wasn't weird at all and it was the people saying they were weird that were weird.

#3299 Sporkosophy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:38 PM

Posted Image

They do such for the sake of getting a reaction out of people; deal with it and ignore it. Don't bother with any sort of dialogue nonsense or acknowledging their posts; simply report and move on. Further, fixing one's grammar might be some means by which can better represent oneself.

#3300 TheMadTypist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 534 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:00 PM

It seems like we need some applejack up in here!
Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users