Let there be PONY!

9227 replies to this topic

#3401 Fabe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:28 PM

View PostStalkerr, on 06 June 2012 - 05:18 PM, said:

What... Why are there 176 pages about Ponies? Is this some sort of anime thing?

No not ,really 'My Little Pony:Friendship is magic" is a American Children's Cartoon. But there are some anime fans here as well.

#3402 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:30 PM

View PostFabe, on 06 June 2012 - 05:28 PM, said:

No not ,really 'My Little Pony:Friendship is magic" is a American Children's Cartoon. But there are some anime fans here as well.

made in Canada... actually.

#3403 Fabe

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:34 PM

View PostJade Kitsune, on 06 June 2012 - 05:30 PM, said:

made in Canada... actually.

It's made up here,really? Cool.

#3404 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:38 PM

Yeah, the animation studio is in canada, couldn't tell you where.

anybody interested in reading an EPIC fanfiction... a fanfiction so good, that fans of it have banded together to get an actual physical copy of it printed as a hardback set?

Check Out Fallout:Equestria!

http://www.equestria...-equestria.html

Posted Image

#3405 Jaegerwolf

• PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, CT

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:39 PM

View PostJade Kitsune, on 06 June 2012 - 05:20 PM, said:

@samartian

Just a heads my my fellow pony friend. Season 3, from the information I've heard, will only be 13 episodes, the primary reason for this is that near the end of season 2, almost all of the primary writing staff [that includes Lauren Faust and all the writers that worked on season 1] walked off the show. no concrete reasons honestly. But for writers to literally 'walk out' means that Hasbro was calling for some huge changes the primary writing staff was not ok with.

on a happy note... have some AJ/Rarity.Posted Image

From what I had heard before I thought Faust had given over writing after season one to concentrate on other projects, like her stuff for CN's DC nation block. Where exactly did you hear this from? Writers leave shows all the time for any number of reasons, and I'd think a bigger stink would have been made if they ALL left. Hell considering how much money this show is making Hasbro I'm doubtful they'd mess with the show in any way that would make all those people quit.

#3406 Applejack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 523 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:52 PM

I'm sorry? I'm fairly certain almost all of the writers are still with the show. The only writer that I know of completely left was the show's creator, Lauren Faust. I imagine Season 3 is going to be 13 (or was it 15?) episodes to trial-out a show now out-of-contact with it's creator.

If any other writers left, that's because Season 3 only called for 13 episodes. You don't need 4-5 different writers for 13 episodes.

Oh, and they just want to syndicate it so they can profit off of the commercials. Then cancel it.

Edited by Applejack, 06 June 2012 - 05:58 PM.

#3407 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:56 PM

I have a good friend who follows different writer's blogs. There's been a huge amount of moving and shaking behind the scenes of MLP:FiM since the end of season one for sure.

Lauren stuck around as a creative director for season 2, overseeing some stuff, from what I heard the last straw for her was when they made Princess Cadence an Alicorn [she was originally scripted and bibled as a unicorn]

And this was a mass walkout, many of these writers had left at the same time, and announced moving on due to 'conflicts of interest'

Now, this isn't to say season 3 will suck... but when a majority of the writing staff walks out on a project, there's an issue going on behind the scenes... Hasbro has made no offical statements. nor would they I'm sure. Most people don't give 2 craps about who the writers are... but you can easily see episode quality, and it's easy to notice what episodes have character problems, or over all world building problems / continuity errors.

Also, the writer of my least favorite episode: Hearths Warming Eve [also she was a writer for Sponge Bob Square Pants.] is still around... >_> which worry's me a bit.

#3408 Applejack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 523 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:00 PM

Hearth's Warming Eve is my favorite episode! ...

#3409 Dan Baxter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 240 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:01 PM

View PostGmac, on 06 June 2012 - 01:12 PM, said:

is no place holy <:0

Why yes, I assume utopia would be considered holy.

#3410 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:04 PM

View PostApplejack, on 06 June 2012 - 06:00 PM, said:

Hearth's Warming Eve is my favorite episode! ...

Hearths warming is fine, if you take it for what it is. A christmas play... if you take it as a history lesson for Equestria... it would be like taking a play about Santa as history for Earth.

and I've run into way too many fans that have tried to say it's a history lesson for Equestria.

#3411 houndone

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • 6 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:08 PM

I was really hoping for something else.....deathwing promised me a pony and i never got one.........

cant believe i used my first post to complain about lack of ponies.....

#3412 Damon Howe

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:09 PM

View PostGarth Erlam, on 06 June 2012 - 09:18 AM, said:

CITIZENS OF EQUESTRIA! BEHOLD! THE-

Err, sorry about that: Behold, Bronys! Your new 'Mech!

Damn, I wish I was a support kind of brony...now which of the mane 6 should this lovely thing go to? Or perhaps it should go to Spike, for his Rarity affinity? Or perhaps Rarity herself for who-knows-what? I think Rarity could make a very fashionable Stalker. :D

#3413 Fabe

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:49 PM

Well now that I've started down the road to Brony-dom I guess I should start posting pony stuff. all videos by MysteryBen27

DJ Dasah3r Danger Zone

DJ Flyshy This my life

Edited by Fabe, 06 June 2012 - 06:50 PM.

#3414 Fabe

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:55 PM

Some more DJ Ponies

DJ Rar1ty what is love

DJ AJ Cotton eye Joe

#3415 Fabe

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:58 PM

Last two

DJ P1nk-3 Hook on polka

Twilight Sparkle doesn't know how to DJ

Hope i didn't go over board spamming this many videos in a row.

#3416 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:06 PM

Hon. Mechwarriors;

I am an active contributor to the web site Solaris 7. I have shared my table top campaigning and mech designs there for years. As we wait for MWO to launch, I thought I would share a few of the fluffy designs I have posted there. A word of warning though, I tend to write and design from a holistic point of view for the Battletech story. Mechwarrior the RPG, through Battletech, Battleforce, and the Succession Wars box game, I try to take every one of these environments into account. This has resulted in some high strangeness, but I think you will enjoy it nonetheless.

My Solaris TRO The Trellisane National Guard may be found here

http://www.solaris7....nfo.asp?ID=2102

I will post these from top to bottom as they appear in the TRO. Most of these entries were created with the Heavy Metal Pro program and do not bennefit from modern word processing. You have been warned.

SOLARIS7: BATTLEMECH TECHNICAL READOUT: ARCHIVE ID #12379
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2009
203 DOWNLOADS
[http://www.solaris7....fo.asp?ID=12379]

Posted Image
Travis T. Mcburn IIC

Level:Custom Level 2 / 3050
Era [Rules]:Age of War/Star League [Tournament Legal]
Technology:Clan Biped
Tonnage:20 Tons

Designer:Samaritan
Armory:Trellisane National Guard

Faction Availability

Posted Image

Type/Model: Travis T. Mcburn IIC Tech: Clan / 2750 Config: Biped BattleMech Rules: Level 2, Standard design Mass: 20 tons Chassis: Endo Steel Power Plant: 300 XL Fusion Walking Speed: 162.0 km/h Maximum Speed: 248.4 [324.0] km/h Jump Jets: None Jump Capacity: 0 meters Armor Type: None Armament: 1 Buybye Beta Light Active Probe 1 UR 1T Light TAG 1 Hellion-a Type 1 ER Small Laser 1 MRF-1 ECM Suite Manufacturer: Clan Ice Hellion
Targeting & Tracking System: IBL MK1

Overview:
Clan Ice Hellion unveiled the controversial Travis T. Mcburn IIC durring the Secret Trial of Annihilation. The Travis was resurected after an extensive archeological archival investigation into long dead storage media. Fragments of DOD deleted references to a war winning "Miracle Mech" in the exodus fleet bone yards had piqued the interests of Ice Hellion scientist cast member Maher. After several years, Maher was able to track down the SLDF military intelligence records for the extensive testing and modifications to the original Travis T. Mcburn TRV-15T. With this promising lead and the understanding that dozens of the mechs lie languishing in vaults across the Pentagon worlds, Maher was able to secure permission to investigate further and restore a prototype for further consideration. Maher's team was constantly frustrated by the lack of specific documentation and blueprints for the Travis. SLDF Military Intelligence had taken great pains to remove theTravis boondogle from their records. This was mistaken by the Maher team for tight security around the project. While they were unable to find comprehensive blueprints, they did recover enough data to understand the general technical capacties attributed to the Travis. With this lead and the sophistication of Clan technical services they would, like so many others have done for various projects, eventually reinvent the wheel.
Capabilities:
The Travis would remain a maintenance hassel in the hands of Ice Hellion for years. Despite these shortcommings, the SLDF R&D efforts to reproduce the "Success" of the Travis would finnally be realized by the first Travis IIC refits assembled by Ice Hellion engineers. The Travis is the fastest most sophisticated reconaisance mech ever made. The mech can cruise at 162 KPH, and reach 324 KPH for brief sprints with MASC. The Travis boasts a comprehensive electronics package consisting of ECM, Light Active Probe, and Light TAG services. This combination was only possible by giving the Travis the lightest possible armament and removing all of the armor. This decision was made partly to provide for the mass needed for the electronic services, and partly in recognition of the deteriorating condition of the Memory Foam Endosteele structure. The design team lobbied long and hard for a full featured TAG and no armament, but the realities of the Clan Warrior ethos prevailed and a ER lt. Laser was incorporated into the design. This combination of speed and sphistication gave the light cavalry of Clan Ice Hellion a reconaisance mech that could actually range far afield from the main body without being left behind. Battle History:
The Travis distinguished itself among Ice Hellion Mechwarriors durring the second Ice Hellion civil war. The high speed and unforgiving nature of the unarmored Travis T. Mcburn IIC gave rise to the initial experimentation with performance enhancing drugs. Just as the aerospace pilots, and later, the protomech pilots were to discover, the limitations of the unaugmented human body posed a greater danger to the mission and pilot of the Travis than the health risks, or political risks of using combat drugs.

Travis Pilots put thier speed and tag to good use time and again screening Khan Norizuchi's forces from Sakhan Wick's Secret Trial of Annihilation. The combination of MASC, laser guided artillery, and LRMs gave the free ranging Travis stars an effectiveness that belied thier unarmored and lightly armed stature. The superior speed of the Travis permitted Khan Norizuchi the luxury of locating, fixing, and withdrawing from skirmishes allmost at will. Sakhan Wick was hard pressed to put down the engraged Norizuchi untill he wrested control of the skies and could turn his surviving aerospace assets upon the infurriating skirmishers. Several fighters succomb to "ground poison" before removing the Travis skirmishers from the equation. When Sakhan and Khan finnally met, Ice Hellion honor would be restored in the eyes of the Clans.

The Ice Hellions were bled white durring the conflict. Khan Wicks, impressed with the troublesome Travis, ordered the mechs pulled from thier caches and new construction to help fill out the ranks. The difficulty and expense of redeeming so many of the ill fated and poorly executed Travis designs would mark one of the few times in clan history where industrial and fiscal rationalization would trouble a Khan. More than one of Khan Wicks' rages could be traced back to the troublesome restoration of the Travis.
Variants:
The mech was so poorly designed, and so costly and finicky in operation, that tinkering with this one almost stable design is simply unthinkable. Notable 'Mechs & MechWarriors:
One clan warrior known as Messe was briefly lauded for choosing to fight a trial of possesion in the Travis. His success against his opponesnt's Firemoth was to become a golden bb byword for good fortune in combat. Deployment
Ice Hellion fields the majority of Travis T. Mcburn IIC. The Travis provides the clan with a screen fast enough to blaze the trail for Ice Hellion's unmatched light cavalry doctrine. New production has long since resolved the technical issues with the Travis. Unfortunantly the lemon reputation for the line and the long memory of the Clans will keep techs and mechwarriors cringing for years to come. Type/Model: Travis T. Mcburn IIC Mass: 20 tons Equipment: Crits Mass Internal Structure: 33 pts Endo Steel 7 1.00 (Endo Steel Loc: 1 LT, 2 RT, 2 LL, 2 RL) Engine: 300 XL 10 9.50 Walking MP: 15 Running MP: 23 [30] Jumping MP: 0 Heat Sinks: 10 Double [20] 0 .00 Gyro: 4 3.00 Cockpit, Life Support, Sensors: 5 3.00 MASC: 1 1.00 Actuators: L: Sh+UA+LA+H, R: Sh+UA+LA+H 16 .00 Armor Factor: 0 pts Standard 0 .00 Internal Armor Structure Value Head: 3 0 Center Torso: 6 0 Center Torso (Rear): 0 L/R Side Torso: 5 0/0 L/R Side Torso (Rear): 0/0 L/R Arm: 3 0/0 L/R Leg: 4 0/0 Weapons & Equipment: Loc Heat Ammo Crits Mass 1 Light Active Probe RT 0 1 .50 1 Light TAG LT 0 1 .50 1 ER Small Laser CT 2 1 .50 1 ECM Suite HD 0 1 1.00 TOTALS: 2 47 20.00 Crits & Tons Left: 31 .00 Calculated Factors: Total Cost: 4,375,740 C-Bills Battle Value: 302 Cost per BV: 14,489.21 Weapon Value: 12 / 12 (Ratio = .04 / .04) Damage Factors: SRDmg = 3; MRDmg = 0; LRDmg = 0 BattleForce2: MP: 15, Armor/Structure: 0/1 Damage PB/M/L: 1/1/-, Overheat: 0 Class: ML, Point Value: 3 Specials: ecm, tag, prb
Created with HeavyMetal Pro

User Reviews

Design Updated on 10/25/2009 1:56:56 AM

10/25/2009
Samaritan

This is my second contribution to the Historical Mech Contest being run by Ice Hellion.

The BattleForce2 Statline looks pretty good if you ask me. What more do you want from a 3 pt weasil?

Thankyou for your consideration of my work.

Respectfully

Samaritan

#3417 Sporkosophy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:16 PM

View PostDamon Howe, on 06 June 2012 - 06:09 PM, said:

Damn, I wish I was a support kind of brony...now which of the mane 6 should this lovely thing go to? Or perhaps it should go to Spike, for his Rarity affinity? Or perhaps Rarity herself for who-knows-what? I think Rarity could make a very fashionable Stalker. :)

I'm going with Banana Pie. :D

Samaritan, wrong thread?

#3418 Damon Howe

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic - Exact Loc. Unknown

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:53 PM

View PostSporkosophy, on 06 June 2012 - 07:16 PM, said:

I'm going with Banana Pie. :D

I lol'ed. :)

Wait....hold up...I lol'ed....at Spork.

Posted Image

Has hell frozen over yet? *Checks* Nope...not yet...

View PostSporkosophy, on 06 June 2012 - 07:16 PM, said:

Samaritan, wrong thread?

Yeah, I agree with Spork on this.....one....

OH SH---

Posted Image

#3419 Sporkosophy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:56 PM

Posted Image
Going to call it; this airline will fail.

#3420 ThunderousWizard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 263 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:05 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

36 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 36 guests, 0 anonymous users