#4081 Vanguard319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:16 PM

View PostAdridos, on 01 November 2011 - 07:08 AM, said:

Great. Now we have My little pony fanatics even here, like the whole internet wasnt enough. There really should be in rules, that there are no ponnies allowed whatsoever.

Sry dude, they're everywhere, even in MMD

View PostStahlseele, on 01 November 2011 - 12:29 PM, said:

Hmm, wonder if they will have 4-legged-mechs . .

Like a Thunder Stallion?

#4082 Kristof Bowen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:47 PM

I would play this game.

Posted Image

#4083 ThunderousWizard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 263 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:58 PM

Posted Image

#4084 ThunderousWizard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 263 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:18 PM

Posted Image

#4085 SquareSphere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationIn your clouds, stealing your thunder

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:35 PM

http://madmaxcomics.tumblr.com/

Posted Image

#4086 Aresye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:02 PM

Here's a couple really good tutorials on drawing FiM style ponies:

http://www.dragoart....magic-style.htm
http://www.reddit.co...osebuilding_in/

Now, here's the thing...

These are both great sources, and I recommend people start off trying to emulate the show's style (vector style, colored outline). This gets you over the hurdle of learning the most difficult parts (anatomy and proportion) without worrying about more detail...yet.

Once you get the hang of doing show style artwork, you can then branch off into doing more sophisticated art.

Note...you can start off exactly the same as a vector, except instead of a colored outline, you use a very thin black outline.

Then it's a matter of just making it look 3D, which involves a careful process of burning and dodging your character, in order to make it look more realistic.

Here's quite possibly the biggest tip of them all! USE...YOUR...PEN TOOL!
...and know how to use it!

Pen Tool:
Right Click>Stroke Path
Right Click>Fill Path
Right Click>Stroke w/ Simulated Pressure (For creating lines such as eyebrows, ear indentation, nostril, etc.)

*Note...you can stroke the path with virtually any tool, so instead of manually erasing your lines to make them taper off, simply draw a quick path that gets closer to the end, and stroke it with your eraser. Perfect taper!

I still suck at hand drawing, but you can clean up a lot of your sketches and fix the proportions inside photoshop, or another program.

Try off tracing a screenshot, and recoloring your trace with different colors for the mane, body, eyes, etc. That will give you good practice in all the little areas you need to create a show vector.

#4087 ThunderousWizard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 263 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:32 PM

Posted Image

#4088 Akea

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:57 PM

View PostThunderousWizard, on 12 June 2012 - 08:32 PM, said:

Posted Image

wow i want that one it reflects my biological clock perfectly

#4089 shintakie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:14 PM

Why do people keep trollin this thread when they've been told so many times not to? Its like they dont realize we have these thing called rules.

#4090 Lt muffins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 378 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:51 PM

View Postshintakie, on 12 June 2012 - 10:14 PM, said:

Why do people keep trollin this thread when they've been told so many times not to? Its like they dont realize we have these thing called rules.

Posted Image

#4091 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:29 PM

View PostKristof Bowen, on 12 June 2012 - 05:47 PM, said:

I would play this game.

Posted Image

Someone has actually made a MLP:FiM based DnD 3.5/pathfinder supliment somewhere, I'm not sure if it's compleated, last I saw there were information on the races [Earth Pony, Pegasus Pony, Unicorn Pony] Stat adjustments, feat adjustments, and some hints [for instance, you could take a cutiemark... that cutiemark dictating further skill/feat bonus.] but I don't believe it ever fully made it out... wouldn't stop someone for searching however

#4092 Kasai Oni

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationCape Cod

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:48 AM

View PostJade Kitsune, on 12 June 2012 - 11:29 PM, said:

Someone has actually made a MLP:FiM based DnD 3.5/pathfinder supliment somewhere, I'm not sure if it's compleated, last I saw there were information on the races [Earth Pony, Pegasus Pony, Unicorn Pony] Stat adjustments, feat adjustments, and some hints [for instance, you could take a cutiemark... that cutiemark dictating further skill/feat bonus.] but I don't believe it ever fully made it out... wouldn't stop someone for searching however

I saw a pic on Tumblr not too long a go of what appeared to be a 4th edition Pony DnD supplement, and there's the Fallout Equestria one that people have put together based on the Fallout RPG rules. I really wish I could find a source on that 4th edition (although I don't really like the 4th edition changes), it looked really well done; I do have a link to the Fallout one if anybody wants that right here:
http://foerpg.wikia....estria_RPG_Wiki

#4093 Brezals

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:36 AM

Posted Image
Did someone want more pony metal?

Edited by Brezals, 13 June 2012 - 01:41 AM.

#4094 Tarskin

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 90 posts
  • LocationDen Haag, Nederland

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:56 AM

I too have to admit... some strange fascination with these critters o.O

#4095 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:59 AM

Hon. Mechwarriors;

As Operation Inception draws near, the Eridani Light Pony Logistic Services works diligently to ensure that nopony will be lost for want of a nail.

Posted Image

More Cupcake?

Pinkie 3.14ly

Samaritan

#4096 Alizabeth Aijou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:06 AM

View Postkasai oni, on 13 June 2012 - 12:48 AM, said:

I saw a pic on Tumblr not too long a go of what appeared to be a 4th edition Pony DnD supplement, and there's the Fallout Equestria one that people have put together based on the Fallout RPG rules. I really wish I could find a source on that 4th edition (although I don't really like the 4th edition changes), it looked really well done; I do have a link to the Fallout one if anybody wants that right here:
http://foerpg.wikia....estria_RPG_Wiki

Which Fallout RPG rules?
There's at least two different ones.
-checks-
What the smeg? Random rolling for your SPECIAL score?!

Edited by Alizabeth Aijou, 13 June 2012 - 07:11 AM.

#4097 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:27 AM

Hon. Mechwarriors;

In the Eridani Light Pony Combat Engineers, no expense is spared to see to it that the boots on the ground have all the support they need to get the job done. Should your centuries old family mech come to grief in the line of duty, rest assured that every effort will be made to recover your ride.

Posted Image

How do you like them applejacks?

Samaritan

Edited by Samaritan, 13 June 2012 - 07:29 AM.

#4098 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:32 AM

View PostJade Kitsune, on 12 June 2012 - 11:29 PM, said:

Just the "race stats" pages exist,both for *ahem* Ponyfinder and a 4E version.

#4099 Kasai Oni

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationCape Cod

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:44 AM

View PostAlizabeth Aijou, on 13 June 2012 - 07:06 AM, said:

Which Fallout RPG rules?
There's at least two different ones.
-checks-
What the smeg? Random rolling for your SPECIAL score?!

As far as I know (I never really got into DnD or any of those kinds of RPG's) it's based on one of the rulesets that originally came from DnD where you would roll a bunch of dice to get the numbers for your stats, and then you would distribute however you wanted. I think the original document has like 3 different rulesets in it-one based on the simplified RPG mechanics from the most recent Fallout games, and one or two based on the pen and paper RPG mechanics (with some variation based on a "talent tree" type system).

#4100 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:22 AM

Hon. Mechwarriors;

The Eridani Light Pony is dedicated to taking the fight to the enemy with a high economy of force. A critical role in this regard is played by the Eridani Motorized Infantry. This arm of the service provides a skirmishing vanguard through urban combat theaters, the heavy lifting for policing the lines, and garrison duty. You need never worry about retaking that hill in the Eridani Light Pony, with the Motorized Infantry on the job, that hill isn't going anywhere.

Posted Image

Twilight Sparkly

Samaritan

Edited by Samaritan, 13 June 2012 - 08:22 AM.

38 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 38 guests, 0 anonymous users