#4541 Tyzh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 495 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:29 PM

View PostApplejack, on 22 June 2012 - 09:15 PM, said:

January 3rd ALWAYS sucks on those birthday games...

I feel your feels, bro. September 10th is rarely better.

The real question, is why would they make "Feb. 30" the best option. It wasn't designed by the best people, obviously.

#4542 Oswin Aurelius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hawk
  • The Hawk
  • 808 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWhitmore Lake, MI

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:24 AM

Who likes my battle gear? >:3

Posted Image

#4543 Aresye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 07:37 AM

View PostShadowDarter, on 22 June 2012 - 06:29 PM, said:

Hey, may not like MLP, but i did admit that there are some seriously talented artists in this thread even though the subject matter is another issue, keep up the good work folks i'll take a looking now and then to see the work progressing,

A non-fan of the show that can appreciate certain aspects of the fandom?

Usually it's the other way around, lol.

#4544 Kasai Oni

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationCape Cod

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:13 AM

View PostAresye, on 23 June 2012 - 07:37 AM, said:

I dunno about that, it was all the amazing artists and musicians that originally convinced me to watch the show to see what the hype was about (of course, that was before I heard the show was made by the people who made most of my favorite Cartoon Networks shows growing up).

#4545 JabberJon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 147 posts
  • LocationOrlando, Florida

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:40 AM

#4546 Suicidal Idiot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:35 AM

Pinkie Pie's new ride.
Posted Image
The cupcake tank, presented to the US army for their 237th birthday by Georgetown Cupcakes in DC. The cupcake cannon has a 20 foot range.

#4547 Kasai Oni

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationCape Cod

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:59 PM

View Postnektu, on 23 June 2012 - 01:50 PM, said:

(snip)

Hey, I'm going to explain to you another of those "most basic rules of human interaction" (removed). If you see something you don't like, don't go out of your way to look at it. There is literally one thread on the entire forum where posting pony related things is okay, and you're the one who came in here.

Nobody forced you to come into this thread, so why did you?

And now back to your regularly scheduled pony!

Edited by Mason Grimm, 23 June 2012 - 03:16 PM.

#4548 Stahlseele

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:32 PM

Of course we can.
People are okay with all kinds of bigotry after all . .

#4549 JabberJon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 147 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:35 PM

Wow, this is fascinating. Some people think the mechlab is too restrictive, some think it's too lax. But I have a problem with one of the views, so it shouldn't be expressed, right? I mean, we all have to censor everything to ensure everyone is happy, so in all honesty, we can say nothing.

Everyone has something they like or don't like, it is your job as an individual to make sure you don't end up around things you don't like, rather than expecting a group of people to tiptoe around you. The board is already limited to one topic involving ponies, isn't that enough for you? You opinion matters to one person, you. If you don't like it, don't click on the thread.

*surfing MWO forums*
Hmm.. let there be pony, I wonder what that could be? A new mech maybe? Let's find out!
*clicks*
OMGWTF PONIES MUST FLAME I DON'T AGREE WITH THEM!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!

So, for your viewing enjoyment, haz some rainbows.

Posted Image

#4550 Black Fool

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:36 PM

Giant robots and explosions are manly? I thought video-games, giant robots, and explosions was juvenile? Transformers are manly? They are giant robots, there are explosions and such... Wow... You've opened my eyes. I will immediately set out to make real life size transformers since they're so manly-awesome. Maybe one day I'll even do a mech... I know my neighbors will all applaud my manliness.

#4551 Kasai Oni

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationCape Cod

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:39 PM

View Postblackhat, on 23 June 2012 - 02:17 PM, said:

It's a 230+ page long thread at the very top of a long list of topics. It's a bit hard to miss. There are also people talking about wanting pony decals and things on their mechs, you can't really avoid something like that. If you get into a match and half the other team is pony mechs, there's nothing you can do. Also, I can understand his frustration. You are trying to bring your obsession with a little girl's show into a game about robots, explosions and some of the manliest things you can think of. You can't expect people to just be okay with something like that.

True that it's a long thread at the top of the list of topics, but it's also all the way in the Jettisioned Communication section; and just because it's a long thread that is practically stickied at the top of the list doesn't mean anybody has to click on it.

I'll also concede that you don't have much of a choice in seeing full lances of Pony mercs, but I'd also say that just gives you more reason to blast them, doesn't it? And since when has it ever hurt anyone to have an optional item that you can buy? Is it going to ruin the game for you if people have the option to buy a pony to put in their cockpit or something?

The only reason we consider this to be such a "manly" game is because that's what society says is manly at this current time. Until very recently, it was considered the height of manliness for young boys to dress in frilly pink clothes. That was back in the Medieval Era; you know, the time period where they fought with swords and manly stuff like that? They considered it more manly to be dressed in frills and pink than to be swinging a broadsword around. So you'll have to forgive me if the "manliness" argument doesn't really appeal to me.

I fail to see how a buyable item or decals that you never have to even touch somehow ruins this game for you. Same with a thread that you don't have to click on in the forums.

I'm not going to debate this with anyone else because I don't want to derail the thread into mindless bickering.

#4552 ThunderousWizard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 263 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:48 PM

Posted Image

#4553 Okie135

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 231 posts
  • LocationMercenary Training Command, Outreach

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:55 PM

@Nektu

I'm not even a MLP fan, but the thread is good for a laugh or too. Please keep this in mind.

Keep in mind that being able to post here is a privilege, not a right. If you are insulting other forum members or making the forums in any way a hostile atmosphere, you will be warned, and/or depending on severity, banned. Consider the following things when posting:[/color]
  • Is what you're saying a useful contribution? Are you trying to start a fight? (Common Sense, everyone)
  • Has this been talked about in another thread? Possibly, in many other threads? Use the search function!
  • Is what you are about to say advocating and/or making light of criminal activities? (Chances are we don't advocate that, nor think it's funny)
  • Intentionally posting false information, or making false statements.
Also, be sure to read the Code of Conduct. Those are not polite suggestions, they are codes of behavior. Discuss, disagree, politely argue, just know the limit, eh?

You're trolling for attention and it's not needed here. Chill out dude.

Edited by Clark, 23 June 2012 - 02:56 PM.

#4554 Kasai Oni

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationCape Cod

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:29 PM

View Postblackhat, on 23 June 2012 - 02:59 PM, said:

I'd rather not waste me time arguing anyway.

You and me both.

Especially since my internet keeps cutting out tonight.

#4555 Tyzh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 495 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:39 PM

I wish our off-topic thread in the off-topic section weren't so intrusive, maybe then we wouldn't be so juvenile. :D

Maybe they could make an extra-off-topic subforum in the off-topic subforum... maybe call it something funny like "Jettisoned Communication"... that might help.

#4556 Kasai Oni

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationCape Cod

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:45 PM

View PostTyzh, on 23 June 2012 - 03:39 PM, said:

I wish our off-topic thread in the off-topic section weren't so intrusive, maybe then we wouldn't be so juvenile. :D

Maybe they could make an extra-off-topic subforum in the off-topic subforum... maybe call it something funny like "Jettisoned Communication"... that might help.

That's a great idea! We should mention it to the devs who enjoy this thread!

#4557 JabberJon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 147 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:08 PM

Posted Image

#4558 Kasai Oni

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationCape Cod

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:30 PM

Orbital Friendship Cannons work much better - and they rent by the hour or by the target too!

#4559 ShadowDarter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 442 posts
  • LocationSydney city Mechbay

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:35 PM

View PostAresye, on 23 June 2012 - 07:37 AM, said:

I am a hobby photographer, with a gift for getting parrot pictures...

But serious good work as long as the art work is decent gets my compliments

not a pony but heres a sample of my work.

Posted Image

#4560 JabberJon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 147 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:17 PM

View PostApplejack, on 23 June 2012 - 05:01 PM, said:

I LOVE this! XD

19 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 19 guests, 0 anonymous users