Let there be PONY!

9227 replies to this topic

#4721 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:29 PM

View PostSporkosophy, on 30 June 2012 - 01:45 PM, said:

Everywhere.

Except possibly maritime law.

#4722 Voro

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • LocationUndisclosed - Clasified

Posted 30 June 2012 - 03:10 PM

^_^

#4723 Sporkosophy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:13 PM

View Postwanderer, on 30 June 2012 - 02:29 PM, said:

Except possibly maritime law.

Spiderman is best pony.

#4724 anonymous153

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 04:21 PM

Bet there are going to be like 20 or more companies of ponies in the game.

And then they simulate the Clan War by uniting and declaring war on everyone else.

That would be fun to see.

#4725 Souske Sagara

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationParkland, WA

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:20 PM

Saw this on Boing Boing, had to share.
Frank Frazetta would be proud.
Posted Image

#4726 Uxion

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:04 PM

Looks like something from Skyrim

#4727 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:12 PM

View PostSteel Bird, on 30 June 2012 - 08:04 PM, said:

Looks like something from Skyrim

Inspiration from the past, as it were. The original is this:

Posted Image

#4728 Samaritan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:56 PM

Hon. Mechwarriors;

More than a few mechwarriors have plowed through the "Let There Be Pony" thread. More than a few mechwarriors have enjoyed the Fallout game series. Do yourself a big favor, download and read "Fallout Equestria" here:

http://fc00.devianta...ers-d3k8aym.pdf

Posted Image

Posted Image

Fallout Equestria has been likened to the Ring trilogy of Fanfic. I enjoyed the story, and I am fairly sure you will too.

Respectfully

Samaritan

Pony Script: 608,000 word count. That's longer than war and peace. The sequel is longer....

Edited by Samaritan, 30 June 2012 - 09:50 PM.

#4729 Risky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts
  • LocationPanhandle, Florida.

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:14 PM

View PostAdridos, on 27 June 2012 - 11:04 AM, said:

YOU... MONSTERS....

I heard the new TF2 items were pretty screwed up.

#4730 Ian Moon

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 37 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:57 PM

View PostSamaritan, on 30 June 2012 - 08:56 PM, said:

Fallout Equestria has been likened to the Ring trilogy of Fanfic. I enjoyed the story, and I am fairly sure you will too.

Yes, good story thus far. Not too far past halfway done myself but I've found it has made itself my official passtime when I've nothing I need be doing. Fallout, ponies, what's not to like ^.-

#4731 KelethDragon

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:50 AM

Not a fan of that post. But then again I never did like that sort of violence and gore.

#4732 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:12 AM

Truth be told the artwork IS good, however one could construe that post as Anti Pony and spreading Hate... I am debating reporting to the mods. I tend to take alot of anti pony stuff in stride. I mean, who REALLY cares, is it immature that someone has to come to an area specificially focused on Pony and spread pictures like this, Yes, very much so. considering most of us here have relegated our pony posting to this thread.

sad, sad people, here have a pony.

Posted Image

#4733 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:26 AM

You, must not know about ELH's ties to the furry community then Lightdragon, if anything we're a far sight from "Sargent Roy Callbek" who tried to work his own fursona into the actual Battletech Canon in regards to Sgt. Callbek's multiverse travels after vanishing from the hospital. [I'm not making this **** up.]

We're just a mercernary unit using an old Terra cartoon as our motif, what was his issue?

a post I made over at the Mektek forums about this issue.

[color=#808080]Ok, it's something of a convoluted issue... suffice it to say, basically, back in the 90's there was a guy who was working freelance with FASA INC. FASA had hired him on to do a bit of writing... the bit of writing in question focused on the Eridani Light Horse scenario pack. This man wrote the 'history' section of the scenario pack. This pack introduced "Roy Calbeck" Founder of the ELH. [/color]

[color=#808080]Well, this was honestly a bit of self insert... the writer was using Roy in some other works of his own [mostly as a roleplay character] The history we know of in battletech, involves Roy almost dying, then vanishing 'mysteriously' into the void from his hospital bed. This is as far as the ELH pack gives us history to... Roy vanishes from his hospital bed mysteriously never to be heard from again.[/color]

[color=#808080]The writer, had other plans... in his cannon, Roy's human body was unuseable, however his soul latched onto the will to live, as such he was sucked into the 'multiverse' and turned into an Anthro Unicorn... [/color]

[color=#808080]Roy continued to work thought he multiverse, trying to find technology to hep the ELH better themselves. but well, now he's an Anthro Unicorn.[/color]

[color=#808080]Anyway, what happened was there was some issues with FASA and payments... as well as when hands changed from FASA to WizKids, and later to Catalyst... there was some issues in regards to his works... and that WizKids were unwilling to give him payment or something [I'll link his side of the story after this] Anyway he saw something in reagrds to the Battletech IP that was a long shot, and actually tried to sue for partial rights to Classic Battletech as a whole.[/color]

[color=#808080]So basically, because 1 person decided to try to gain some rights to the Battletech IP... alot of Battletech fans hate furs.[/color]

http://www.sarna.net...740/Main/155739[color=#808080] <--- the fur writer's side of the story... you can find more if you search up information on the lawsuit. [/color]
====================================================================================

And here's Roy's Live Journal, last updated in 09... saying he got the papers from the copywright office, and that he owns the history for ELH. http://roycalbeck.li....com/34750.html

Edited by Jade Kitsune, 01 July 2012 - 07:30 AM.

#4734 Lightdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,212 posts
  • Locationwisconsin

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:28 AM

oh no im fully aware of callbeks fursona idea i just choose to...conveniently forget about it? lol i just fail to understand the huge obsession with pony

#4735 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:41 AM

I could go on to write you an essay length discussion, with source material pulled from the show and facts to back up my claim, but would you really care, or do you just want to go "PFFT grown people enjoying pastel ponys are STUPID!" and leave it at that?

Would you even be willing, after I took the time to do something like that, to do a bit of your own research, to actually analize and think about the show if you watched a couple of episodes? Instead of just brushing it off as something for kids?

Because I've been in these disucssions before Lightdragon, and every time, the person I'm argiuing with ignores every point I bring up, So do forgive me if I'm sounding a bit hostile here. but I've been down this road, and 9 times out of 10, people just don't care and are already set in their ideas.

Some more pony, so i'm atleast contributing to the thread.

Posted Image

Edited by Jade Kitsune, 01 July 2012 - 07:48 AM.

#4736 Lightdragon

• 1,212 posts
  • Locationwisconsin

Posted 01 July 2012 - 07:55 AM

i watched a season of it, i laughed a bit at it but still couldnt comprehend why a full gorown adult would be so infatuated with it

#4737 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:03 AM

Well I do commend you on atleast watching a season, and it does seem that you enjoyed it, which I'm also glad for.

However did you Analize it, did you realise the realistic flaws with the characters, did you notice that Twilight Sparkle suffers from Autism? Or that Rainbow Dash's persona of being "SOO AWESOME" is really a mask she uses to hide her insecurities?

Did you realise that Fluttershy has Anger management issues? or that Pinkie is actually horribly broken and depressed from her family life on the rock farm?

Did you notice that there's no way these characters are any less than in their twenties? [relative to human years], Rarity owns her own botique and is obviously getting noticed in the fashion world? Applejack runs an entire farm with export to outlaying areas... Twilight Sparkle is basically working on her Post Grad thesis on Friendship...

Or, did you simply watch, and laugh at what were the obvious references to various other media, and pony antics?

#4738 Spiralcrisis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 207 posts
  • LocationI'm not sure I want to know.

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:12 AM

View PostJade Kitsune, on 01 July 2012 - 08:03 AM, said:

Well I do commend you on atleast watching a season, and it does seem that you enjoyed it, which I'm also glad for.

However did you Analize it, did you realise the realistic flaws with the characters, did you notice that Twilight Sparkle suffers from Autism? Or that Rainbow Dash's persona of being "SOO AWESOME" is really a mask she uses to hide her insecurities?

Did you realise that Fluttershy has Anger management issues? or that Pinkie is actually horribly broken and depressed from her family life on the rock farm?

Did you notice that there's no way these characters are any less than in their twenties? [relative to human years], Rarity owns her own botique and is obviously getting noticed in the fashion world? Applejack runs an entire farm with export to outlaying areas... Twilight Sparkle is basically working on her Post Grad thesis on Friendship...

Or, did you simply watch, and laugh at what were the obvious references to various other media, and pony antics?

Could you explain the Twilight Sparkle Autism connection? I watched a couple episodes to see what all the fuss is about and I'm not sure I see it.

#4739 Fabe

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:15 AM

View PostSpiralcrisis, on 01 July 2012 - 08:12 AM, said:

Could you explain the Twilight Sparkle Autism connection? I watched a couple episodes to see what all the fuss is about and I'm not sure I see it.

I think Jade is just over Analyzing things, I can't really seeing a cast of characters with psychological issues in a cartoon intended for children no matter how many adults have come to watch and enjoy it.

Edited by Fabe, 01 July 2012 - 08:33 AM.

#4740 Lightdragon

• 1,212 posts
  • Locationwisconsin

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:30 AM

uh...ok i guess i watched in an effort to try understanding what the obsession is, cant say i noticed any of what was posted above

41 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 41 guests, 0 anonymous users