9227 replies to this topic

#5281 CandidAstrius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 111 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:27 PM

View PostDamascas, on 14 July 2012 - 05:23 PM, said:

I shoot people for a living, come back when you reach my level of manliness.

I don't think he's even aware that society no longer has a place for the masculinity he speaks of.

#5282 Fabe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:29 PM

View PostDamascas, on 14 July 2012 - 05:27 PM, said:

What do you consider masculine then?

Good question because I'm getting confused my self as to what Ike thinks Masculine is.

#5283 SNobleJr

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 75 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:31 PM

View PostEndless Ike, on 14 July 2012 - 05:13 PM, said:

It is a symptom of the death of masculinity in modern american culture. It's not just a cartoon. It's a fandom largely comprised of pathetic confused men-children celebrating their cluelessness as to what being a man means. (hint: men can still be sensitive and loving) Now you can all flame me, but I know I'm right. Just as feminists see themselves as having an obligation to stand up to chauvinism and the "rape culture" wherever it appears, so I feel I have an obligation to point out to all the bronies that they are treading water in a sea of retarded masculinity.

It's the nerd equivalent to wearing womens clothing (skinny jeans), sporting an androgynous haircut, and crying into your ironic fedora while reading Naked Lunch in between sets at the Animal Collective concert.

Let me guess, you also believe that men are big brave protectors, and women are fragile little flowers who need said protection, right?

Feh. Masculinity, schmasculinity. Gender stereotypes are outdated and restrictive, and anything that helps tear them down should be applauded. It's about time that more people realized that masculinity/femininity is a gradual scale and not a binary distinction. And viewing someone as degenerate just because they don't conform to antiquated gender roles is backwards thinking.

#5284 Tyzh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 495 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:31 PM

Masculine is opening the pickle jar for your lady when she can't.

#5285 PewPewMatt

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationSouth East England

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:33 PM

Does it not worry you 'pony lovers' that the program is made for 6 year old girls? :/

#5286 CandidAstrius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 111 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:34 PM

View PostTyzh, on 14 July 2012 - 05:31 PM, said:

Masculine is opening the pickle jar for your lady when she can't.

about the only call i get for "masculinity" these days is to kill bugs for my wife... but hey, post troll post, we'll be to 300 pages in no time.

#5287 Damascas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 401 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:36 PM

View PostPewPewMatt, on 14 July 2012 - 05:33 PM, said:

Does it not worry you 'pony lovers' that the program is made for 6 year old girls? :/

Not really, I like what I like, some things were meant for certain groups but end up being liked by others, **** happens. Should I not eat Lucky Charms because they are for kids?

Edited by Damascas, 14 July 2012 - 05:36 PM.

#5288 SNobleJr

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 75 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:36 PM

And that is where you are wrong. Lauren Faust (the executive producer and one of the major creative forces behind the series) explicitly stated that she didn't make the show for little girls, she made it for little girls and their parents. It has always been intended to be a family show that's enjoyable for adults as well.

#5289 Tyzh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 495 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:38 PM

View PostDamascas, on 14 July 2012 - 05:36 PM, said:

Not really, I like what I like, some things were meant for certain groups but end up being liked by others, **** happens. Should I not eat Lucky Charms because they are for kids?

I believe you have confused Lucky Charms with Trix. Trix are for kids, you silly rabbit.

#5290 CandidAstrius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 111 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:41 PM

and yet the adult humor is in what's not said, where you have to pay attention to catch it..Posted Image

#5291 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:46 PM

View PostEndless Ike, on 14 July 2012 - 05:13 PM, said:

It is a symptom of the death of masculinity in modern american culture. It's not just a cartoon. It's a fandom largely comprised of pathetic confused men-children celebrating their cluelessness as to what being a man means. (hint: men can still be sensitive and loving) Now you can all flame me, but I know I'm right. Just as feminists see themselves as having an obligation to stand up to chauvinism and the "rape culture" wherever it appears, so I feel I have an obligation to point out to all the bronies that they are treading water in a sea of retarded masculinity.

It's the nerd equivalent to wearing womens clothing (skinny jeans), sporting an androgynous haircut, and crying into your ironic fedora while reading Naked Lunch in between sets at the Animal Collective concert.

Ohhh... OH HO HO... my friend I want you to know with this post you opened a can of worms.

The current gender divide in our culture is one of the things that has caused nothing but pain and suffering to a great majority of people. Gender roles within the current societal structure do nothing to help our children, but instead hurt. If I show more intellectual prowess than physical as a man, I am targeted as "gay" or "****"

On the opposite side of things, a female attempting to be "masculine" IE a tomboy or the like. However they're hit with a strange double standard in regards to the view apon them, as they are either more easily accepted, or called a "****" or "*****" though they tend to have an easier time of it as a woman aspiring to be masculine is seen as a good thing. However a man wishing to be more feminine is seen as "BAD"

Your post is also contradictory, As current gender roles within America, and most of the "Civilized" world sit, Men are to be nothing but jerks and are to be celebrated for being the "Awesome Fratboy" stereotype. It's gotten to the point that most women look for a man who will treat them like dirt, because that's what "Society" says is right. Tender and Loving isn't an accepted ideal for men. I've seen how people react to it... and it's with a similar aversion as you're having to the MLP fandom.

Most MLP:FiM fans are interested in nothing but gender equality when it comes to this topic. I myself feel that gender roles as a whole should be abolished and we should start fresh, however it's ingrained into too many people's psyche. [I wrote a college thesis on this exact topic]. It's honestly people of your opinion that are holding the world as a whole back.

You have been reported, several times, for your hateful posts Endless. I'm very sorry to see that $120 now wasted.

Might I add, if you have to troll a thread full of people you are calling "Immasculine" how much different are you from the bully in school who's picking on the feminine kid? Or the nerd? Hmm... how much different are you? There is ZERO difference. It's people like you who have bullied and pushed people to the edge to the point they felt they can't take it anymore. How many of those kids could have grown up to be doctors, or bring something good to the world, instead we'll never know, because of fools like you.

If your actions are masculine... I have no need for such in this world.

View PostEndless Ike, on 14 July 2012 - 05:45 PM, said:

again, more evidence to prove my point, you don't even know what masculinity is . Masculinity is NOT being a caveman bashing people over the head. The Modern media portrayal is that man is an emasculated macho fool who has given in to his ****-passions. A real man is a protector, courageous in the face of danger, self-assured but humble, in control, a creator, and a helper. Masculinity means not being ashamed of those genetic differences which have irrefutably been hard wired in every man and woman, and embracing those differences as a gift.

Some men over-compensate for their insecurity in these areas by drinking too much, ******* too much, and fighting too much. Others incorporate their insecurity by "ironically" favoring traditionally feminine interests and affectations and trusting that the world will see its "just a joke." Now I'm sure that's not the case for all bronies, but it is for many of the ones I've met in person.

There is another way. Try it out.

I'm sorry but, again, I can protect myself. Thanks ... and I sure as hell don't want to be protected by a twit like you.

Posted Image

Edited by Jade Kitsune, 14 July 2012 - 05:48 PM.

#5292 CandidAstrius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 111 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:51 PM

again, more evidence to prove my point, you don't even know what masculinity is . Masculinity is NOT being a caveman bashing people over the head. The Modern media portrayal is that man is an emasculated macho fool who has given in to his ****-passions. A real man is a protector, courageous in the face of danger, self-assured but humble, in control, a creator, and a helper. Masculinity means not being ashamed of those genetic differences which have irrefutably been hard wired in every man and woman, and embracing those differences as a gift.

Some men over-compensate for their insecurity in these areas by drinking too much, ******* too much, and fighting too much. Others incorporate their insecurity by "ironically" favoring traditionally feminine interests and affectations and trusting that the world will see its "just a joke." Now I'm sure that's not the case for all bronies, but it is for many of the ones I've met in person.

your missing one thing to make that a true statement it's "In my opinion" don't worry you can have that one free of charge. and "The Dude" has to disagree with you anyway.

Posted Image

Edit:

I also fail to see how anything you said forbids enjoying a cartoon...

Edited by CandidAstrius, 14 July 2012 - 05:52 PM.

#5293 Fabe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:51 PM

OK true,some Bronies "like" the show Ironically ,but some of us, Myself included genuinely like it because We think it's a entertaining, well written show with good old fashioned slapstick style humor combined with some light Adventure.

#5294 Damascas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 401 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:52 PM

That is your opinion of masculinity Ike, I am going to have to ask to not state it as a fact since I view masculinity more as an intangible.

Edited by Damascas, 14 July 2012 - 05:52 PM.

#5295 SNobleJr

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 75 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:53 PM

Yup, confirmed for believing in old-school patriarchy. Pack it up, guys, I don't think anyone will ever convince him that he's hopelessly behind the times.

#5296 Endless Ike

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:55 PM

View PostDamascas, on 14 July 2012 - 05:52 PM, said:

That is your opinion of masculinity Ike, I am going to have to ask to not state it as a fact since I view masculinity more as an intangible.

of course its all my opinion...this is the internet, not a peer reviewed journal.

View PostSNobleJr, on 14 July 2012 - 05:53 PM, said:

Yup, confirmed for believing in old-school patriarchy. Pack it up, guys, I don't think anyone will ever convince him that he's hopelessly behind the times.

Please tell me waht I've said that has even a WHIFF of patriarchy? that men should be protectors because they're genetically stronger/faster/bigger?

#5297 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:59 PM

for WatchitPosted Image

View PostEndless Ike, on 14 July 2012 - 05:55 PM, said:

Please tell me waht I've said that has even a WHIFF of patriarchy? that men should be protectors because they're genetically stronger/faster/bigger?

Implying women can't do anything a man can these days.

Posted Image

#5298 CandidAstrius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 111 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:00 PM

View PostEndless Ike, on 14 July 2012 - 05:55 PM, said:

of course its all my opinion...this is the internet, not a peer reviewed journal.

that definitely not always the case, however it's ok to have an opinion, in fact...

#5299 Damascas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 401 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:00 PM

View PostEndless Ike, on 14 July 2012 - 05:51 PM, said:

haha, what exactly is hateful here?

The post you edited about us burning in hell.

#5300 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:02 PM

View PostDamascas, on 14 July 2012 - 06:00 PM, said:

The post you edited about us burning in hell.

This.

19 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 19 guests, 0 anonymous users