#5301 SNobleJr

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 75 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:07 PM

View PostEndless Ike, on 14 July 2012 - 05:55 PM, said:

Please tell me waht I've said that has even a WHIFF of patriarchy? that men should be protectors because they're genetically stronger/faster/bigger?

Exactly. Women being inherently weaker so they must be protected by men is one of the major tenets of patriarchal beliefs and holds up their male leadership. Which is bullcrap, by the way, because women are fully capable of developing strength greater than the average man; the only reason it's uncommon is because society's still mostly stuck in the "women should be delicate and not strong" mindset.

Edited by SNobleJr, 14 July 2012 - 06:10 PM.

#5302 Damascas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 401 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:08 PM

View PostEndless Ike, on 14 July 2012 - 06:03 PM, said:

First, nice use of the word "imply" as it allows you pretty much read whatever you feel like into my statements.

Second, show me the woman who can run a sub 4-minute mile, or the woman who can bench press 450 lbs, or the woman who produces ***** to make a baby. Women and men are equal, but clearly distinct. Celebrating those distinctions is not bigotry.

WHy would you start this argument on the internet when I can google those answers?

http://en.wikipedia....i/Becca_Swanson

600 lbs bench press

Also, I know women who can run a mile in under 6 so I am pretty sure there are plenty of women who can make it in4.

#5303 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:08 PM

I'm sure there are olympic athlete's that can run a sub 4minute mile... There are plenty of women who can bench press 450 [you obviously haven't seen strongwomen competitions] And women don't need to produce to make a baby, because there's enough men out there donating to not need to.

Your arguments are failing you Ike, try to think a bit more with logic, and a bit less with your machismo. ;)

Posted Image

#5304 SteelJaws

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 275 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:11 PM

I will never understand people's need to find something they don't like, and to tell others that they are wrong for liking it. They even seek it out, just so they can act as morally superior. Take this thread for instance, its in the off topic, jettisoned communications and people come here to flame/hate on a small portion of the forum thats not even on the main page (well unless its a hot topic).

I mean really, are you that full of yourself that you feel the need to enter a thread and start bashing it, and the people in it?

#5305 Dan Baxter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 240 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:13 PM

View PostPewPewMatt, on 14 July 2012 - 05:33 PM, said:

Does it not worry you 'pony lovers' that the program is made for 6 year old girls? :/

Does it not worry you that in Japan today grown men read manga intended for adolescent boys? Entertainment can go beyond the original demographic.

#5306 Damascas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 401 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:14 PM

View PostSNobleJr, on 14 July 2012 - 06:07 PM, said:

Exactly. Women being inherently weaker so they must be protected by men is one of the major tenets of patriarchal beliefs and holds up their male leadership. Which is bullcrap, by the way, because women are fully capable of developing strength greater than the average man; the only reason it's uncommon is because society's still mostly stuck in the "women should be delicate and not strong" mindset.

Actually from a biological standpoint females will be on average weaker than males as they develop muscle more slowly which is why they need to work harder to keep body fat levels down and muscle levels up. Still though, plenty of females have proven that they have no problem keeping up with males in the military in other places, of course some do not though, a story awhile back still bugs me where some women sued a fire department over not hiring them because they were too weak as they could not lift up and carry a 200 lb man still bugs me because if they need to be able to do the work of their counterparts regardless of gender, I know a female MA1 who would have really gotten on those girls about being whiny little girls.

Edited by Damascas, 14 July 2012 - 06:16 PM.

#5307 Proxus571

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationPonyville

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:14 PM

Wow i go away for a day of posts and I have to come back and make an obligatory reminder post to some of our new followers...
Posted Image

#5308 CandidAstrius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 111 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:15 PM

I think were going to get another 2 or 3 pages worth out of this particular trollie, and i have to say i don't think i've seen the banhammer swung in a while.

View PostEndless Ike, on 14 July 2012 - 06:03 PM, said:

First, nice use of the word "imply" as it allows you pretty much read whatever you feel like into my statements.

Second, show me the woman who can run a sub 4-minute mile, or the woman who can bench press 450 lbs, or the woman who produces ***** to make a baby. Women and men are equal, but clearly distinct. Celebrating those distinctions is not bigotry.

you seriously playing the baby card in favor of men? you do realize female was the original gender don't you? the double X club was reproducing long before the gimpy Y came along just to make things interesting? but it's ok as i'm sure you weren't 'Implying' a woman wasn't just as essential to reproduction as a man right?

Edited by CandidAstrius, 14 July 2012 - 06:16 PM.

#5309 Damascas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 401 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:17 PM

Even google is watching our thread now.

#5310 Watchit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:17 PM

Well guys Endless Ike has convinced me! Our enjoyment of ponies clearly does not conform to his/her views on masculinity! Know what that means? We all have to give up ponies forever.

Really now Ike? Judging a group of people you havnt met based on the actions of others... shame

Oh! I joined an Internet fight! What fun, I'll fill this with cute pony images later ;)

Ah, here perfect...
Posted Image

Posted Image

see, told you I'd post cute pony :)

Edited by Watchit, 14 July 2012 - 08:09 PM.

#5311 Endless Ike

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:18 PM

View PostJade Kitsune, on 14 July 2012 - 06:08 PM, said:

I'm sure there are olympic athlete's that can run a sub 4minute mile... There are plenty of women who can bench press 450 [you obviously haven't seen strongwomen competitions] And women don't need to produce to make a baby, because there's enough men out there donating to not need to.

Your arguments are failing you Ike, try to think a bit more with logic, and a bit less with your machismo. ;)

The Woman's world record mile time is 4:12.56

http://en.wikipedia..../Mile_run#Women

By comparison, this number would not even be competitive in any Division 1 NCAA Championship.

Finding an official woman's bench press has proven difficult, and perhaps a woman has benched over 450, but certainly not within 200 lbs of 1,100+, which is the current men's record.

#5312 CandidAstrius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 111 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:20 PM

View PostEndless Ike, on 14 July 2012 - 06:18 PM, said:

The Woman's world record mile time is 4:12.56

http://en.wikipedia..../Mile_run#Women

By comparison, this number would not even be competitive in any Division 1 NCAA Championship.

Finding an official woman's bench press has proven difficult, and perhaps a woman has benched over 450, but certainly not within 200 lbs of 1,100+, which is the current men's record.

was waiting for that, yep your epeen is bigger then Svetlana Masterkova's if you can do it faster then 4:12 that is. : D

#5313 Damascas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 401 posts

View PostWatchit, on 14 July 2012 - 06:17 PM, said:

Well guys Endless Ike has convinced me! Our enjoyment of ponies clearly does not conform to his/her views on masculinity! Know what that means? We all have to give up ponies forever.

Really now Ike? Judging a group of people you havnt met based on the actions of others... shame

Oh! I joined an Internet fight! What fun, I'll fill this with cute pony images later ;)

Why wait?

Posted Image

Steampunk AND ponies! Oh my!

#5314 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

View PostEndless Ike, on 14 July 2012 - 06:18 PM, said:

HA, HAHAHA!!!! Use a real source... Wikipedia isn't accepted by colleges around the world as a source of information. I refuse to accept it here.

Posted Image

#5315 Damascas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 401 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:26 PM

View PostJade Kitsune, on 14 July 2012 - 06:20 PM, said:

HA, HAHAHA!!!! Use a real source... Wikipedia isn't accepted by colleges around the world as a source of information. I refuse to accept it here.

Posted Image

Wikipedia is being increasingly accepted nationally as a reputable source of information due to increasingly tight moderation standards actually, but anyway more ponies

Posted Image

DJ-Pon3 is my favorite pony

#5316 Sporkosophy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:27 PM

View PostJade Kitsune, on 14 July 2012 - 04:33 PM, said:

you know, you'd think these anti-pony people would just back the hell off after the devs have given us a sanctioned area to be in with their blessings? And that we have mods who are Pro Pony backing us up... If you don't like MLP, DON'T COME HERE.

MLP fans like TONS of other stuff, it's going to infect other stuff... just like I've seen Sailor Moon versions of the Avengers, and the Xmen... it's not that uncommon for other fandoms to cross [Hell there's an OFFICAL Doctor Who X Star Trek Comic comming out!]

So, let's stop getting our jimmy's rustled that there's some people who like pony's around, and just avoid them if you don't like them. Hmm?

Posted Image

Why weren't you playing TF2 with us? SPAI! THERE'S A SPAI IN THE BASE!

#5317 Tyzh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 495 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:28 PM

View PostJade Kitsune, on 14 July 2012 - 06:20 PM, said:

Posted Image

It takes like... a minute to look at the wikipedia page and see if the information on the page links back to a source.
http://www.iaaf.org/...ILE/detail.html

#5318 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,341 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:31 PM

Hey Spork... sup... and I don't do TF2...

Posted Image

well I was unaware that the WIkipedia thing is changing, still while I was going to college, it wasn't accepted, So fair mistake on my part I'd like to think *shrug*

Anyway I'm just waiting for the banhammer to drop at this point.

#5319 Sporkosophy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:32 PM

Then sit down and ignore the troll; you're only making it worse.

Posted Image

#5320 Watchit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:35 PM

View PostDamascas, on 14 July 2012 - 06:20 PM, said:

Why wait?

Because I is at work ;)

16 user(s) are reading this topic