Let there be PONY!

9227 replies to this topic

#5521 Souske Sagara

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationParkland, WA

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:38 PM

Yeah, have not read the fic, but I have the song on my phone and my media player. Here's hoping this thread stays alive long enough to get some more [REDACTED] banned.
EDIT
My apologies, wasn't aware such term was a violation. I will be more vigilant in my language from now on.

Edited by Souske Sagara, 17 July 2012 - 10:48 PM.
Edited for content.

#5522 Souske Sagara

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationParkland, WA

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:40 PM

May have been, but he wasn't in the strike team itself, they were Profit, Nomad, Aztec, Psycho if memory serves.

#5523 Insidious Johnson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,417 posts
  • Location"This is Johnson, I'm cored"

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:49 PM

The trolls are very territorial and have done an excellent job of respecting pony territory. Chalk it up to lesson learned and walk away, or stay and hang yourselves. Whatever, it is all popcorn fodder. Who knows if this thread will stay up long though, we already have one user slinging profanity.

#5524 Mattrixx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 108 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:53 PM

I have to say I enjoyed that music video. Was not too bad at all. :D

#5525 Souske Sagara

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationParkland, WA

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:59 PM

I really liked the cover-art, took me a moment to realize it was color inverted and that it was actually Dashie covered in blood.

#5526 Souske Sagara

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationParkland, WA

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:24 PM

Wish I was there with AJ, sun only just came out here, and its already going down.

#5527 Kasai Oni

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationCape Cod

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:25 PM

View PostMason West, on 17 July 2012 - 04:23 PM, said:

Yup figured as much, so no hard feelings if i actually find out i dislike it?

Emphasis on find out, as i have yet to watch a episode :D

The way I see it, you can absolutely hate the show with a burning passion so bright as to blot out all the stars in the sky, and I'd be perfectly okay with it because you did more than most people would and actually watched an episode or two and can therefore make an informed opinion on whether or not you enjoy it.

Of course, if you then proceeded to flame and/or troll us, we would have a problem. Love and tolerate does not mean blind acceptance, it means being able to live with the notion that people may not like the same things you do, and supporting their right to enjoy their own passions so long as those don't interfere with your own.

That caveat having been said, I think you're one of the nicest non-bronies I've seen in this thread, so it would take a lot for me to have a problem with you. :)

#5528 William Petersen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 07:42 PM

View PostTyzh, on 17 July 2012 - 02:50 PM, said:

I don't know if you've ever been thrust into a "romantic" situation with someone who is shy, but I would want to let him down easy.

Why, exactly, does "shy" imply "over-sensative and can't handle rejection" (this is more a general question than an "attack" or whatever, on your argument)?

View PostCandidAstrius, on 17 July 2012 - 02:57 PM, said:

gonna have to agree to disagree except on one facet, Big Mac is not shy, just quite. there is a distinct difference.

You realize AppleBloom (his sister) explicitly states that Big Mac is shy, right?

#5529 Watchit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,235 posts
  • LocationOrlando

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:06 PM

Posted Image

#5530 Souske Sagara

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationParkland, WA

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:07 PM

Can I have some of that?

#5531 Atlai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts
  • Locationfrom the East of the South end of the North

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:16 PM

View PostKasai Oni, on 17 July 2012 - 07:25 PM, said:

The way I see it, you can absolutely hate the show with a burning passion so bright as to blot out all the stars in the sky, and I'd be perfectly okay with it because you did more than most people would and actually watched an episode or two and can therefore make an informed opinion on whether or not you enjoy it.

Of course, if you then proceeded to flame and/or troll us, we would have a problem. Love and tolerate does not mean blind acceptance, it means being able to live with the notion that people may not like the same things you do, and supporting their right to enjoy their own passions so long as those don't interfere with your own.

That caveat having been said, I think you're one of the nicest non-bronies I've seen in this thread, so it would take a lot for me to have a problem with you. :)

Why thank you, and you have my word that even if a end up hating the show with a...."burning passion so bright as to blot out all the stars in the sky" i will not ever troll or flame here, this is sacred pony ground as far as im concerned :D

Edited by Mason West, 18 July 2012 - 05:32 PM.

#5532 JFlash49

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • LocationKingston

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:36 PM

there is a thread dude..

#5533 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,339 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:40 PM

PONY ROCK UP IN THIS THREAD!

#5534 Souske Sagara

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • LocationParkland, WA

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:44 PM

There is a thread for bumming popcorn off of people? Can you point me to it?

#5535 Nuclear Xmas

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:00 PM

Why is this whole brony thing still going on?

#5536 CandidAstrius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 111 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 03:25 AM

View PostWilliam Petersen, on 17 July 2012 - 07:42 PM, said:

You realize AppleBloom (his sister) explicitly states that Big Mac is shy, right?

you are correct she does make that statement...as a means of justifying her ends, he possess none of the characteristics of a shy person, he never has trouble making eye contact, he's never explicitly avoided a social encounter, and he never has any qualms about speaking his mind, but he has to have something worth saying first. This isn't hard to defend,

wanna learn what a shy pony might do in any given situation...
Posted Image
there's a pony for that...

#5537 Sesambrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:39 AM

View PostJade Kitsune, on 17 July 2012 - 10:40 PM, said:

PONY ROCK UP IN THIS THREAD!

This song doesn't have enough Rock for what the name suggests, neither does the original... :D
Not saying it's bad, it just isn't Rock! :D

You want Rock? Try this:

#5538 Thorgar Wulfson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • LocationConcordia, KS

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:45 AM

ok laughed my *** off, well done though. torn between rooting for equestria and screaming "LOOK GLUE ON THE HOOF" just to cause a reaction.

#5539 Atlai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts
  • Locationfrom the East of the South end of the North

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:52 AM

View PostThorgar Wulfson, on 18 July 2012 - 06:45 AM, said:

ok laughed my *** off, well done though. torn between rooting for equestria and screaming "LOOK GLUE ON THE HOOF" just to cause a reaction.

What is this Glue thing? ive heard it before.

#5540 Kasai Oni

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationCape Cod

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:56 AM

View PostMason West, on 18 July 2012 - 06:52 AM, said:

What is this Glue thing? ive heard it before.

Originally, glue (and gelatin) was made from parts of horses; the hooves if I remember correctly. So people (trolls generally) will make comments about how they're going to turn ponies into glue, etc. because they believe that it's somehow insulting us.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone have a real reaction other than to post more pony memes in response though. :rolleyes:

48 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 48 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook