#5561 Reichus Aran

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 18 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:16 AM

View Postshintakie, on 18 July 2012 - 10:14 AM, said:

The mods have come in and deleted that picture I can't count how many times. People have been warned not to troll this thread in response to that picture bein posted over and over. When will people learn to just leave the trollin out of the pony thread?

I ask why most people cant keep ponies out of the regular Battletech threads. For that matter out of anything?

#5562 Bloodycrow

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:17 AM

The biggest thing that annoys me about that particular picture is that it's obviously against furries in general, yet is posted to be against fans of MLP simply because of the guy with brony on his shirt.

Some furries may be bronys, but not all bronys are furries. The whole insinuation that the picture is somehow a specific attack against MLP fans is stupid and narrow sighted.

EDIT: Just my thoughts on the picture itself, not the troll who is defending posting it. :P

Edited by Bloodycrow, 18 July 2012 - 10:19 AM.

#5563 Reichus Aran

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 18 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:20 AM

View PostBloodycrow, on 18 July 2012 - 10:17 AM, said:

The biggest thing that annoys me about that particular picture is that it's obviously against furries in general, yet is posted to be against fans of MLP simply because of the guy with brony on his shirt.

Some furries may be bronys, but not all bronys are furries. The whole insinuation that the picture is somehow a specific attack against MLP fans is stupid and narrow sighted.

EDIT: Just my thoughts on the picture itself, not the troll who is defending posting it. :P

I wasnt aiming it at either group was hoping people would laugh at a realistic take of such things in Battletech and apparently im a hater :/

#5564 Sesambrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:21 AM

View PostReichus Aran, on 18 July 2012 - 10:00 AM, said:

So lemme get this straight im merely posting a picture about the universe of the game were all waiting to play, you are getting upset that those mechs just so happen to be blasting manchildren and creatures of a particularly overrated fandom. Im not even trying to say the fandom is bad im just merely pointing out this is what happens when Bronies and Ponies end up in Battletech and why we cant have nice things.

I'm not getting upset about the pic, I've seen it before, even before I've seen MLP, and I found it quite funny back then and still find it kinda funny in and of itself. However, this has been posted so many times in combination with hateful comments on the show or us, that it can be considered harassment.
Aside of that, calling others "manchildren" is in fact an insult...
That said, you should either start using your brain before posting at all, or go back to lurking only!

View PostReichus Aran, on 18 July 2012 - 10:16 AM, said:

I ask why most people cant keep ponies out of the regular Battletech threads. For that matter out of anything?

I highly doubt you'll find MLP related stuff anywhere else on this board, and this particualr topic is pretty much the off topic section of the off topic section of the MWO-forums, so why did you even come here in the first place?!?
So I highly suggest you leave before you're being removed...

Oh, and it's hardly realistic, or are you suggesting that something like this is happening/should happen these days?
Again, try to think before you say something!

Edited by Sesambrot, 18 July 2012 - 10:23 AM.

#5565 Fl3tcher

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 388 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:23 AM

Just a random though. . if all these "haters" hate ponies. Why are the reading and posting in a pony thread?

Just sumising. :P

#5566 Reichus Aran

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 18 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:24 AM

View PostSesambrot, on 18 July 2012 - 10:21 AM, said:

I'm not getting upset about the pic, I've seen it before, even before I've seen MLP, and I found it quite funny back then and still find it kinda funny in and of itself. However, this has been posted so many times in combination with hateful comments on the show or us, that it can be considered harassment.
Aside of that, calling others "manchildren" is in fact an insult...
In fact, you should either start using your brain before posting at all, or go back to lurking only!

I highly doubt you'll find MLP related stuff anywhere else on this board, and this particualr topic is pretty much the off topic section of the off topic section of the MWO-forums, so why did you even come here in the first place?!?
So I highly suggest you leave before you're being removed...

As far as the manchildren refference I was pointing at the brony guy in the image. As far as ponies being in multiple threads browse this site a bit more and youll find in numerous subforums and even in the battetech lore section someone somewhere will find a way to post a pony. I came here in the first place mostly because I was wondering why people would put ponies into MW but I wasnt expecting so many people to get upset. Im not trying to insult anyone you guys are taking it as such.

View PostFl3tcher, on 18 July 2012 - 10:23 AM, said:

Just a random though. . if all these "haters" hate ponies. Why are the reading and posting in a pony thread?

Just sumising. :P

And not once did I say I "hate" ponies.

#5567 Sesambrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:32 AM

View PostReichus Aran, on 18 July 2012 - 10:24 AM, said:

As far as the manchildren refference I was pointing at the brony guy in the image. As far as ponies being in multiple threads browse this site a bit more and youll find in numerous subforums and even in the battetech lore section someone somewhere will find a way to post a pony. I came here in the first place mostly because I was wondering why people would put ponies into MW but I wasnt expecting so many people to get upset. Im not trying to insult anyone you guys are taking it as such.

I dunno what your intentions were, but posting that image and the way you were trying to justify it, weren't really your best ideas, aside of being quite thoughtless.
Now if you say you're sorry and it was an honest mistake, then there shall be no hard feelings, I would simply advise you to think a little more about what you are about to say as you may in some way hurt someone else, and in this case you could really have seen it coming!
Either way, Pinkie Pie is going to be watching you!
Posted Image

#5568 shintakie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:34 AM

The only time I've seen ponies outside of this thread were recruitment threads where they are more than allowed to post about ponies as long as it stays on topic of the recruitment thread and that one thread where the person was talkin about an entire pony redesign of battletech which got deleted.

Dont make stuff up.

#5569 KuroNyra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:34 AM

The picture is not made by me ofc. I've just put the text on the corner left of the picutre. Couldn't resist :3

Spoiler

Edited by KuroNyra, 18 July 2012 - 10:36 AM.

#5570 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:35 AM

Everyone, calm down!

As far as ponies being in multiple threads browse this site a bit more and youll find in numerous subforums and even in the battetech lore section someone somewhere will find a way to post a pony.

If that is the case, they are breaching the rules for this forum and the content in question will be removed, as soon as a mod is made aware of it.

No, you didn't! But your very first post in this forum was a picture that has been used numerous times to try to insult bronys. The insult has been lost among the bronys, they tolerate the dislike of ponys. But... it has been posted this often with ill intend that we simply got tierd of it and it is now associated with hate of ponys by most.

#5571 Reichus Aran

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 18 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:38 AM

View PostSesambrot, on 18 July 2012 - 10:32 AM, said:

I dunno what your intentions were, but posting that image and the way you were trying to justify it, weren't really your best ideas, aside of being quite thoughtless.
Now if you say you're sorry and it was an honest mistake, then there shall be no hard feelings, I would simply advise you to think a little more about what you are about to say as you may in some way hurt someone else, and in this case you could really have seen it coming!
Either way, Pinkie Pie is going to be watching you!
Posted Image

I really have nothing to apologize for especially over the internet, this is a public forum and discussion can go on as such. But I will be less "offensive" to people that are sensitive to such things I really didnt mean to offend so take that for what you will and on that note the apple eating pony above is rather adorable.

View PostEgomane, on 18 July 2012 - 10:35 AM, said:

Everyone, calm down!

If that is the case, they are breaching the rules for this forum and the content in question will be removed, as soon as a mod is made aware of it.

No, you didn't! But your very first post in this forum was a picture that has been used numerous times to try to insult bronys. The insult has been lost among the bronys, they tolerate the dislike of ponys. But... it has been posted this often with ill intend that we simply got tierd of it and it is now associated with hate of ponys by most.

On a serious note though if an enemy of the clans was wearing fursuits and dressed as the brony in said image would they not be instantly obliterated by the clan forces of kerensky?

#5572 Sesambrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:49 AM

View PostReichus Aran, on 18 July 2012 - 10:38 AM, said:

On a serious note though if an enemy of the clans was wearing fursuits and dressed as the brony in said image would they not be instantly obliterated by the clan forces of kerensky?

You gotta admit, that's quite far from what the pic actually shows... and we've thoroughly explained what the problem with that picture is as well...

Posted Image

#5573 Reichus Aran

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 18 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:51 AM

Yeah but is it not set in the 31st century with the mechs not doing what they do? And from that design that does look like a Clan style mech.

#5574 Sesambrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:59 AM

View PostReichus Aran, on 18 July 2012 - 10:51 AM, said:

Yeah but is it not set in the 31st century with the mechs not doing what they do? And from that design that does look like a Clan style mech.

Dude, that mech in the foreground is actually an Atlas, don't tell me you didn't recognize it, the one to the right is a Firestarter, and my best bet on the one in the background is a Trebuchet, all of which are IS-mechs...
The IS may not be the nicest place to be in the 31st century, but you're not honestly suggesting that they would knowingly slaughter unarmed civilians based on their opinions about ponies/furries, are you?
No offense, but these kinds of comments just make it look as though you had no idea what you're talking about...

Posted Image

#5575 Reichus Aran

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 18 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:03 AM

Actually Clanners are known for doing such things and secondly I knew it was an IS mech but the Atlas in that photo is redesigned by the clans look at the hip mounted ppc cannon.

Actually let me rephrase that ...jade falcon was known for killing civillians.

#5576 Sesambrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:05 AM

View PostReichus Aran, on 18 July 2012 - 11:03 AM, said:

Actually Clanners are known for doing such things and secondly I knew it was an IS mech but the Atlas in that photo is redesigned by the clans look at the hip mounted ppc cannon.

Actually let me rephrase that ...jade falcon was known for killing civillians.

Posted Image

#5577 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:18 AM

View PostReichus Aran, on 18 July 2012 - 09:48 AM, said:

Overrused yes. Appropriate yes.

And gotten multiple users of it on the thread banhammered. It's very appropriate in that regard.

View PostReichus Aran, on 18 July 2012 - 10:16 AM, said:

The mods are quite good about keeping pony out of the regular MWO threads, actually.

#5578 Reichus Aran

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 18 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:20 AM

On a positive note at least I finally got a link for possible mechs for MWO lol

View Postwanderer, on 18 July 2012 - 11:18 AM, said:

And gotten multiple users of it on the thread banhammered. It's very appropriate in that regard.

The mods are quite good about keeping pony out of the regular MWO threads, actually.

#5579 MechaDraco

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 136 posts
  • LocationEqustria

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:21 AM

View PostAresye, on 18 July 2012 - 08:53 AM, said:

We get it. You don't like pony, but don't say crap like that and expect any of us to believe it.

Trolls have done an excellent job of respecting pony territory? Hahahahahaha!!!!

You're lucky we actually keep ourselves in line, as this is the first I've seen of us going out of our thread. With how often trolls come in ours, you'd think we would have broken truce a LONG time ago.

So feel lucky we actually police ourselves and keep our stuff contained, but once again, don't try and have me believe trolls have been respecting our space, because they haven't.

To me though it's true they have not respected it as much as they could have, they certainly are no where near as bad as they could be, so actually inciting them to come to the main pony thread to show just how much they have been holding back is not exactly the best idea.

View PostNuclear Xmas, on 18 July 2012 - 10:03 AM, said:

It really seems like people are more in it for the community aspect than they actually are for the show. I mean, yeah, it's a good kids show and it's definitely a show that I wouldn't mind my daughter watching if I had one and if she were to insist I watch it with her I probably wouldn't mind either. But that's where it ends. It's nothing spectacular or compelling and their are plenty of other shows directed towards that age group that are just as good if not better.

It's pretty clear that if it weren't for the massive community involved with the show most people probably wouldn't be nearly as interested. Because people like seeing all the fan art and fan fiction people create and trying to contribute to that. Along with involving themselves with discussions about it and getting an opportunity to express their creativity and being around others who're creative as well. But the show isn't even necessary in order to have a community like that. So I guess I just don't really see the point in making something like that a large part of your life. Because even if you're in it for the community you're showing your devotion towards the show and regardless of the fact that it's directed towards children and it's main focuses are feminism and ponies it's still not THAT good.

Another thing I don't get is why the creators or even some fans haven't created a forum dedicated to this so that it could bring the community together. Unless one already exists or the enjoyment comes from bringing it up in a forum unrelated to MLP and seeing how many people react positively and discovering some other bronies.

The interest itself doesn't really bother me but do we really need the presence of MLP on EVERY forum and online community on the internet? Seems like things are getting a little out of hand.

And yes you are right, for the most part the show is not the most amazing thing ever, I actually do enjoy the show alot, I love the characters, and I enjoy the general story of friendship, personally it reminds me of a lot of the older shows I used to watch when I was really young, (smurfs, rainbow bright, etc etc.) I also really enjoy Faust's work, (the creator of Samurai jack, Dexters lab, and Power Puff Girls.) the art and other things that come from the community is just a strong bonus.

One thing I will say is that I do have a stronger connection to the community because a very dear friend of mine, the person that got me into MLP in the first place, passed away and in a sort of show of respect and love to him, I put even more effort into my love for the show and the community, so we all have our own reasons and stories, we just love what we love, is it any different really from loving Mechwarrior online?

Edited by MechaDraco, 18 July 2012 - 11:30 AM.

#5580 Sesambrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 862 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:23 AM

Posted Image

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook