Unit Mechs And Setups

28 replies to this topic

#21 Kdogg788

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:30 AM

My Cicada X-5 Loadout for all you Kuritan forum goers. It's not exactly a top secret build as I only changed one basic thing. I originally made the mistake of swapping loadouts on my 3M and X5, expecting to run the larger engine and these weapons on the 3M and the 3M loadout on this mech, but it did not work out. Most players seem to stick with the default setup as right out of the box it has one of the best stock setups of any mech in the game. A couple people I've seen swapped out for SRM6s, but with the dual tubes, they aren't much use against faster mechs. I've been thinking about perhaps switching one of them out for an SRM4, but not totally sure at this time, because this mech as composed is working well.

Posted Image

-k

#22 AceTimberwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • Location春日部市、埼玉県、日本; アメリカ: Arcadia, CA

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:55 PM

Posted Image

And I bring you my Jager S. I like the reliability of the AC5s with 5 tons of ammo. I got the 4 Meds to back me up when I'm out and mostly full armour. I don't see myself as a slow mech Pilot but my Jager has been good to me since day one of release so I very much Like it. I might drop down from the XL280 to a XL 260 but as of right now with speed tweak I like the 76.8kph speed

#23 AceTimberwolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 10:13 PM

Someone asked why I share my Builds with people openly in the Forums. For the Most Part I want to help players that have trouble deciding on What mechs to get or What are good builds to carry into battle without wasting C-bills and Time. After a Year I have created a good formula for My Piloting which is flanking and 1v1. If you play as I do and a bit fearless then these builds will help towards your success in MWO. These can be your testbeds for your own personal builds that the enemy will learn to fear in the battlefield. Isn't that what makes a mech a Hero/Villain?

Edited by AceTimberwolf, 31 March 2013 - 10:14 PM.

#24 Kdogg788

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:02 AM

I don't really see an issue with sharing builds in the forums as there are so many resources for finding them such as other postings in the Battlemechs forum and the MechSpecs website. Besides, you can see others' loadouts when targeting them in game or spectating them, and typically after the first week or two of a mech being released everyone knows what the typical weapon configurations are for it. So there's really no harm in posting builds up on here with your paint spec as well.

-k

#25 AceTimberwolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:00 AM

View PostKdogg788, on 01 April 2013 - 06:02 AM, said:

I don't really see an issue with sharing builds in the forums as there are so many resources for finding them such as other postings in the Battlemechs forum and the MechSpecs website. Besides, you can see others' loadouts when targeting them in game or spectating them, and typically after the first week or two of a mech being released everyone knows what the typical weapon configurations are for it. So there's really no harm in posting builds up on here with your paint spec as well.

-k

Yea but some people are crazy about their builds. They will take their setups to the grave. i think its kinda of silly but ro each his own

#26 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:00 PM

Figured I would jump in and post the NS color scheme with some known builds. None of these builds will blow your mind. It is just what we run and what works for us. Snowflake builds are a whole other story :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#27 AceTimberwolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:30 AM

View PostProphetic, on 04 April 2013 - 05:00 PM, said:

Figured I would jump in and post the NS color scheme with some known builds. None of these builds will blow your mind. It is just what we run and what works for us. Snowflake builds are a whole other story :P

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looks liek our Hunchis are Brothers! haha

#28 Assassin

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 29 posts
  • LocationBando-shi, Japan

Posted 23 April 2013 - 01:39 PM

Posted Image

Here stands my DRG-1C on the battlefield and in all his glory.

Posted Image

Next, Glaurung.

Posted Image

My Flame is not yet at where I'd like him to be.

The three of them are by far my favourites.

#29 AceTimberwolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:08 AM

ISF Trebuchet 7M
Posted Image

Changed it up a bit seeing that diversifying is essential in the upper tiers of ELO. The A-LRM15 gets me great versatility at range with 3 Tons of ammo and i fitted a BAP to help out against those pesky ECMers that pairs well with two SSRMs with two tons of ammo. With just the one JJ I can still bunny hop against other units to get me some good position for my Meds. So far having great success as a support and light Killer

Edited by AceTimberwolf, 02 June 2013 - 03:16 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users