Ngng Shame On You

205 replies to this topic

#21 Shumabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:03 PM

SRMs do a third more damage than they should.

View PostVassago Rain, on 09 February 2013 - 10:51 PM, said:

It's not the SRM that's the problem, but the fact the cat can go anywhere it pleases, and take on anyone it wants.

With SRMs. The games top tier of mechs is all somewhat defined by access to SRMs. They're the biggest part of the problem.

#22 Kobold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,930 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:06 PM

View PostShumabot, on 09 February 2013 - 11:03 PM, said:

With SRMs. The games top tier of mechs is all somewhat defined by access to SRMs. They're the biggest part of the problem.

Exactly. Before the 6x6 A1, remember the wonder that the AWS-8R 4x6 was? The difference then was that we only had single heat sinks, so the heavier chassis of the Awesome meant that you could actually keep your SRMs cooler.

SRMs have always been very powerful. It is only the addition of double heat sinks that finally allowed the 6x6 to proliferate.

Edited by Kobold, 09 February 2013 - 11:07 PM.

#23 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

more heat from SRMS ;)

#24 Nuck Fewton

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:07 PM

The fact that the cat is a support mech that has the torso twist of an owl adds to this problem

#25 ConnorSinclair

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationPlanet Tranquil--HighOrbit--

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:09 PM

I love how much people want to defend this thing,

OH NO DON'T NERF MY BABY, BUT MAKE THE Gauss on any mech ever useless.

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 09 February 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

more heat from SRMS ;)

BALLISTICS ONLY, FINAL DESTINATION.

OVER HEAT WARRIOR ONLINE.

NO TRUE DUBS

EAT MEH

Edited by ConnorSinclair, 09 February 2013 - 11:09 PM.

#26 Nuck Fewton

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:11 PM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 09 February 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

more heat from SRMS ;)

heat is already ******, lighting a fire in an oven isn't a good solution

#27 80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:12 PM

NGNG are not known for their renown skills and abusing mechs that take advantage of unblanced weapon systems and equpiment.

I don't see the issue here. They are more interested in bringing together a sense of community and providing content to entertain us.

#28 ConnorSinclair

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:15 PM

View Postmwhighlander, on 09 February 2013 - 11:12 PM, said:

NGNG are not known for their renown skills and abusing mechs that take advantage of unblanced weapon systems and equpiment.

I don't see the issue here. They are more interested in bringing together a sense of community and providing content to entertain us.

They can start doing that by displaying how utterly ****** the cata-PAUL-t is.

#29 valkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:15 PM

View Postownka, on 09 February 2013 - 10:46 PM, said:

Shameless bump. This video should be mandatory watching for anyone discussing the OP/nonOP status of the A1.

doubleAC20 is harder to use and puts out less damage. Less QQ, more attention to actual OP builds.

AC/20cat also puts 40 damage wherever you're aiming rather than shotgunning it all over the enemy's face. It's a trade off - ridiculous damage to one spot, or DOUBLE that with a chance to have it spread all over the place? No matter what you choose, you're probably still doing much better than the other guy.

#30 Infernus1986

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 249 posts
  • LocationRuss's Island

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:18 PM

View PostKobold, on 09 February 2013 - 11:06 PM, said:

Exactly. Before the 6x6 A1, remember the wonder that the AWS-8R 4x6 was? The difference then was that we only had single heat sinks, so the heavier chassis of the Awesome meant that you could actually keep your SRMs cooler.

I remember it quite clearly being a piece of crap like it is now that cant direct those srm's at heads, is much slower and cannot fire at something behind it while running away or fly.

Edited by Infernus1986, 09 February 2013 - 11:19 PM.

#31 Fooooo

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationSydney, Aus.

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

Shame on them ? Meh, they did nothing shamefull imo.

TBH I'm not sure its really the weapons that are the problem or the hardpoints.

AC/20 paults are fine imo, they are somewhat slow.

SRMpaults and streakcats however "can" be quite fast, which means most things cannot get away from them.

If they were restricted to 50km/h and under I don't think anyone would really be complaining at all, as anything faster than 50km/h can constantly keep it at range.........but I doubt thats the best course of action.

Edited by Fooooo, 09 February 2013 - 11:21 PM.

#32 Soulscour

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:20 PM

Dont talk about the splatcat being overpowered. You'll make people upset!!!

#33 ConnorSinclair

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:21 PM

View PostFooooo, on 09 February 2013 - 11:20 PM, said:

TBH I'm not sure its really the weapons that are the problem.

SRMpaults and streakcats however "can" be quite fast, which means most things cannot get away from them.

If they were restricted to 50km/h and under I don't think anyone would really be complaining at all......but I doubt thats the best course of action.

My AC20 cat goes 70 kph and has no XL.

Fear me.

#34 valkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:24 PM

View PostFooooo, on 09 February 2013 - 11:20 PM, said:

TBH I'm not sure its really the weapons that are the problem or the hardpoints.

If they were restricted to 50km/h and under I don't think anyone would really be complaining at all, as anything faster than 50km/h can constantly keep it at range.........but I doubt thats the best course of action.

You're actually on the right track, though they should be able to go faster than that. For example, the Stalker 5M can pack a ton of SRM-6s and backup weapons, but it's not considered as high priority a threat as a Splatcat because it doesn't hit 82kph while shooting behind itself and jumpjetting.

Lower the engine cap for Cats, reduce the ridiculous torso range, and hey, problem (most likely) solved.

#35 GalaxyBluestar

• 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:25 PM

this thread should DIE!

same old whingers making same old claims and the community totally disagress with you.
http://mwomercs.com/...36#entry1854836
thw hole point of that poll was to show just how pointless threads like this are.

play the game or keep playing with yourselves on forums, no one thinks anything of your tired opinions

Edited by GalaxyBluestar, 09 February 2013 - 11:26 PM.

#36 Shumabot

• 1,695 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:27 PM

View Postvalkyrie, on 09 February 2013 - 11:24 PM, said:

You're actually on the right track, though they should be able to go faster than that. For example, the Stalker 5M can pack a ton of SRM-6s and backup weapons, but it's not considered as high priority a threat as a Splatcat because it doesn't hit 82kph while shooting behind itself and jumpjetting.

Lower the engine cap for Cats, reduce the ridiculous torso range, and hey, problem (most likely) solved.

Except that stalker is still, itself, fairly overpowered. The best hunch variant is the one with SRM6's, the best cent is the one with srms, the best cat is, the best awesome is, the best stalker is, the best atlas is, the best trebbuchet will be et cetera. There is a problem with the SRM. There are other problems with the catapault, certainly. It exists at that crossroads of weight and maneuverability where it can hit critical mass with dual ac20s or hexrm6's while maintaining good, safe, speed but the srm6 is not a balanced weapon. It's not even close to being one.

#37 n0e

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:29 PM

View PostConnorSinclair, on 09 February 2013 - 11:21 PM, said:

... and has no XL.

What a surprise.

#38 Shumabot

• 1,695 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:29 PM

View PostGalaxyBluestar, on 09 February 2013 - 11:25 PM, said:

this thread should DIE!

same old whingers making same old claims and the community totally disagress with you.
thw hole point of that poll was to show just how pointless threads like this are.

play the game or keep playing with yourselves on forums, no one thinks anything of your tired opinions

This community is largely composed of puerile old manchildren who wouldn't know game balance if it was kicking them in the face until their jaw broke. This is the same community that can't actually decide if machine guns are underpowered.

Edited by Shumabot, 09 February 2013 - 11:30 PM.

#39 ConnorSinclair

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:30 PM

this thread should DIE!

Cool story bro

#40 Flit Asuno

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 141 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

this thread should DIE!

You heard him folks, everyone roll A1s and spread that steak sauce liberally. Perhaps if we saturate the message will get through.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users