#21 MahKraah

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bushido
  • The Bushido
  • 192 posts
  • LocationSaffel Dierondistrict

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:06 AM

View PostKyone Akashi, on 14 February 2013 - 08:46 PM, said:

Dieron Regulars do so, but this actually appears to be an oddity. As per the Field Manual's entries on the various District Regular Forces, the Alshain regiments have white and jade green, Benjamin regiments tend to use the colours white, brown and dark red in any combination (not uniform, and some few units also use camo instead), whereas Galedon regiments use light blue, white and tan, and the regiments of the Pesht district have white and gray with green and dark blue accents.
In the book, the Dieron regiments are noted as "pragmatic" for their use of camouflage, making them stand out from the norm.

may thats because of the location and importance of the dieron district as speartip bordering to steiner(sky), terran corridor and davion. its the most fought over district , defensive wise (under attack) and offensive wise as stagingpoint for offensives against both opposing houses.according to sarna it also has the highest count of armed forces of all districts.
when you are the battlefield for centuries you learn to use every means of survival --> camo paintings over paradecolors.
after paintins cost MC my unit decided to use the parade colors and we did so in the cheapest possible way by keeping the default pattern and using only 2 colours. was only 750 mc during the discounted coloursale
example

Edited by MahKraah, 15 February 2013 - 11:12 AM.

#22 Kdogg788

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:19 PM

"You are not authorized to view this image". Bummer, cause it would be nice to check out your colors.

-k

#23 Kyone Akashi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 1,656 posts
  • LocationAlshain Military District

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:49 PM

View PostMahKraah, on 15 February 2013 - 11:06 AM, said:

may thats because of the location and importance of the dieron district as speartip bordering to steiner(sky), terran corridor and davion. its the most fought over district , defensive wise (under attack) and offensive wise as stagingpoint for offensives against both opposing houses.according to sarna it also has the highest count of armed forces of all districts.
when you are the battlefield for centuries you learn to use every means of survival --> camo paintings over paradecolors.
Hai, that sounds reasonable. Humans are always more likely to conform to "impractical" traditions when not under hard pressure, and perhaps some of these traditions never really took hold completely in the Dieron district in the first place, too, as it always was the region where the expansionist tendencies of three Successor States clashed, leading to the Dieron regiments' soldiers being somewhat more active and thus ... well, pragmatic, as the book says.

Maybe the location of its worlds also led some of them changing hands several times in the past, rendering their population less "ideologically pure" compared to other Combine worlds and more like a melting pot of several cultures? Unfortunately I am not sure when exactly the Dieron District's worlds were brought under the Dragon banner, and who owned them before. Maybe someone else can expand on this. :P

All in all, this makes the various District Regional Forces actually have some sort of unique character, I think. I never quite realized the subtle differences until having spent some thought about it now.

Also, like Kdogg-san mentioned, your image file cannot be loaded ... perhaps try something like imageshack?

#24 Kdogg788

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,314 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:00 PM

Sarna has some great planetary information where if you look up selected worlds it gives you a partial ownership history dependent on who controlled the planet at various stages in the battletech timeline. It's pretty useful to see how the conflict in different areas developed over time and how houses were or were not able to hold various border lines.

-k

#25 SOGNeon

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationEast Tennessee

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:29 PM

just as long as I can approximate night stalker livery when I get my computer rebuilt.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users