The Splatter Cat Strikes Back

36 replies to this topic

#21 Skadi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:50 PM

View PostCrunk Prime, on 10 February 2013 - 09:32 PM, said:

Do you have any idea how much skill it takes to pilot an SRMcat? No you dont. Dont scream for nerfs on things you cant even understand.

Maybe if you used your head a little you could actually see them coming and shoot their ears off before they even get to you. All you have to do is aim a little.

Not sure if...

#22 Commander Kobold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:52 PM

View PostCrunk Prime, on 10 February 2013 - 09:32 PM, said:

Do you have any idea how much skill it takes to pilot an SRMcat? No you dont. Dont scream for nerfs on things you cant even understand.

Maybe if you used your head a little you could actually see them coming and shoot their ears off before they even get to you. All you have to do is aim a little.

You're joking right?

#23 Eboli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:54 PM

From a Jenner perspective I give you my thumbs up when you vaporise Raven 3Ls :lol:

I have killed them and have been killed by them - maybe as a much faster mech they are not as dangerous as for other larger slower mechs - AS LONG AS YOU SEE THEM FIRST!! :)

Cheers!
Eboli

#24 Alex Wolfe

• 2,359 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:59 PM

View Postmwhighlander, on 10 February 2013 - 09:48 PM, said:

Yep, not worried about the current game and splatter cats.

Their day will come, soon™

The "funny" thing though, the problem isn't new.

This pic is nearly half a year old... lo and behold, K2 and A1 dominating back then, one of them carrying an oddly familiar combo.

Posted Image

Whenever weapons are tweaked, those two chassis simply shift loadouts a bit then hop back on top of the cheese pyramid :) .

Edited by Alex Wolfe, 10 February 2013 - 10:00 PM.

#25 GalaxyBluestar

• 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:00 PM

yep it's ban premades day.

that's right the cat has little to do with it but voip vs trainee pugs has everything to do with it. that's what you're enforcing.

operation streaksauce = premades op you through fuel on mack's fire not the nerf cat committee.

connor you have no idea how worse off the game is because you drive people away

be proud; ruin developement of the game for everyone.

#26 ConnorSinclair

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • LocationPlanet Tranquil--HighOrbit--

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

View PostGalaxyBluestar, on 10 February 2013 - 10:00 PM, said:

yep it's ban premades day.

that's right the cat has little to do with it but voip vs trainee pugs has everything to do with it. that's what you're enforcing.

operation streaksauce = premades op you through fuel on mack's fire not the nerf cat committee.

connor you have no idea how worse off the game is because you drive people away

be proud; ruin developement of the game for everyone.

ITS A BETA,

Go beta test and stop playing Forumwarrior.

#27 Warrax the Chaos Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 925 posts
  • LocationMyrror

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:09 PM

Gotta say my favorite part of the vid was the parade of logical fallacies at the beginning. There just isn't enough of that in cinema these days.

Oh, and the music too. Although I couldn't help but notice the lack of a "no pubbies were harmed in the making of this film" disclaimer, PETA may get involved.

Edited by Warrax the Chaos Warrior, 10 February 2013 - 10:18 PM.

#28 Mr Mantis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationCouch

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:11 PM

I predicted back in december the splat cat powerhouse when everyone was complaining about the streak cats

"Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:01 PM
ECM and stability in the code optimization, I think we will see them go the way of the dinosaurs without some other implementation. For now scan you cat and make sure to stay away from them. soon we will have everyone complaining the streak cat is too underpowered."
"after they get the code optimized people will loose less fps when up close, i see an srm6 cat being, by far, the more deadly opponent ."

I personally would rather fight splatcats.

#29 GalaxyBluestar

• 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

View PostConnorSinclair, on 10 February 2013 - 10:02 PM, said:

ITS A BETA,

Go beta test and stop playing Forumwarrior.

forumwarrior?

your constant nerf cats streaksauce plugs are what then?

thankyou mr pot being brilliant at figuring things out as always.

#30 Warrax the Chaos Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 925 posts
  • LocationMyrror

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:31 PM

View PostAstroniomix, on 10 February 2013 - 09:34 PM, said:

You didn't watch the videos did you?

View PostAstroniomix, on 10 February 2013 - 09:41 PM, said:

I'm an *****....

Don't feel too bad. As far as I can tell, it's a "Kong thing". They're so sarcastic I have trouble believing that even they know when they're being serious or not.

It's a bit like the devil and lying; If he did it all the time, you'd always know where you stood. Instead they do it just enough so that you never know for sure.

#31 ConnorSinclair

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:31 PM

View PostGalaxyBluestar, on 10 February 2013 - 10:27 PM, said:

forumwarrior?

your constant nerf cats streaksauce plugs are what then?

thankyou mr pot being brilliant at figuring things out as always.

you post once on every thread thats below the header,

try again friend.

#32 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:33 PM

As this isn't a General Discussion abot MW:O, but rather a personal shout out-type thread, it's being jettisoned. It's not Off Topic, not being removed from regular view, but Jettisoned as a non-General Discussion discussion.

#33 KhanCipher

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 477 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:38 PM

let's face it, SRMs are going to get a bunch of "balance tweaks" because nearly all the best builds involve 2-3+ SRMs in some way.

#34 ConnorSinclair

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:39 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 10 February 2013 - 10:33 PM, said:

As this isn't a General Discussion abot MW:O, but rather a personal shout out-type thread, it's being jettisoned. It's not Off Topic, not being removed from regular view, but Jettisoned as a non-General Discussion discussion.

EXCUSE ME?

#35 BertyBargo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Lucky Seven
  • Lucky Seven
  • 175 posts
  • LocationBurgerland

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:42 PM

I think it does a pretty good job of showing how the splat cat is such an 'all in one' powerhouse compared to nearly any other mech... I mean if you own enough catas, you really don't need to buy anything else.

#36 Warrax the Chaos Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 925 posts
  • LocationMyrror

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:42 PM

View PostKhanCipher, on 10 February 2013 - 10:38 PM, said:

let's face it, SRMs are going to get a bunch of "balance tweaks" because nearly all the best builds involve 2-3+ SRMs in some way.

Except that the devs seem to think that it isn't an issue, which I find quite unnerving. I really like this game, and I admire the work that they've done, but the laissez-faire attitude they keep showing towards game balance really really worries me.

I disagree, not that it matters.

#37 BanditRaptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 336 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:36 AM

I wholeheartedly disagree as well. This thread is about the A1, not about Kong, and thus not a "personal shout-out type thread."

If criticism of the A1 doesn't fit in general discussion, what does?

View PostWarrax the Chaos Warrior, on 10 February 2013 - 10:31 PM, said:

Don't feel too bad. As far as I can tell, it's a "Kong thing". They're so sarcastic I have trouble believing that even they know when they're being serious or not.

It's a bit like the devil and lying; If he did it all the time, you'd always know where you stood. Instead they do it just enough so that you never know for sure.

That comes from our roots. We are completely serious however when we talk about how the catapult is OP.

Not as in "We're serious wink wink nudge nudge" but actual "We're serious."

That and sarcasm is hard to detect in text, but all of us know each other well enough to get it.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users