Favorite Ppc Builds Post Change?

67 replies to this topic

#61 tuokaerf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:47 AM

I got bored with my TBT-7M and tried this shortly after the patch, good to know I'm not the only one for trying this :-). I was surprised how useable this mech is as a light killer and armor melter of the Assaults.

I use 2x ER PPCs, 3x SSRMs with 2x tons of SSRM ammo, XL 255 (had it already from another Mech, goes around 90kph after speed tweak). Can be used in a variety of situations as the battle progresses. Start long range sniping, pop across the field to hit from other side/flank the enemy, jump snipe from cover, move in and hit hard with the ERPPCs on chain fire and murder small mechs with the SSRMs.

#62 krl2811

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:02 AM

I have CTF-1X with dual ER PPC(left,right torso) 2LL(left, right arm) and 1ML(right arm). Endo, 18 DHS, standard eng 280 and heat efficiency is at 1.09. Armor 367.
Works ok. Usually not as much damage like 5LL version with better heat efficiency but you can get kills faster if your aim is good.

#63 Forestal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:12 PM

View Posttuokaerf, on 16 March 2013 - 07:47 AM, said:

I got bored with my TBT-7M and tried this shortly after the patch, good to know I'm not the only one for trying this :-). I was surprised how useable this mech is as a light killer and armor melter of the Assaults.

Hmm, looks like the "trebbie sniper" is catching on as the true "scouting/sniping" build of MWO after all-- especially in comparison to the "ninja-assassin/lone-ranger" builds like the ravens and commandoes...

Maybe someday the "trebbie sniper" thread will get eventually get stickied... if the next patch does not somehow nerf it

Edited by Forestal, 16 March 2013 - 06:13 PM.

#64 Iscariott

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 06:56 PM

Not a single vote for the stock AWS-9M?

Obviously there are tons of mechs out there that run PPC's well, in fact I think i'll be working towards this treb build i see kicking around as my next mech(gotta elite my trebs anyway). I just find that the stock AWS-9M is everything I ever wanted in a PPC mech. It's definitely fragile for the assault mech but you can rack up kills in it QUICK just by playing smart. It's reasonably fast for its size and has a great mix of weapons.

I don't really snipe with it. I lay down some pain from 800m out while the lines draw themselves for a match. Try to make the snipers and LRM boats duck a bit to keep our guys alive. By the time the lances engage I've already served a purpose, but thats where the fun really starts. Dropping 30pt alphas on anything showing internals over and over again. 20DHS really does a great job keeping it cool. You arent sturdy enough to slug it out the whole fight anyway, so ducking back from the fight gives you more than enough time to cool off. Drop 2 alphas real fast and you can wreck any mech that's already been in a fight. SSRMS for lights.

The 0-800m effective range is just so useful. I can pop shots at anything that needs a good shooting. I've loved this mech since mw2:mercs when it threw blue bawls of death.

Edited by Iscariott, 17 March 2013 - 07:29 PM.

#65 Gneckes

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 27 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:18 PM

Trying to decide between a Stalker (any version should do.. maybe the -4N tho since it's on sale?), the Atlas AS7-RS (best hardpoints, would run with something like 4x PPCs and a Gauss) and AS7-D-DC (less of a "pure" sniper, but better compliment of close-range weapons and ECM).
What would you guys suggest?

#66 Korlandril

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 110 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:16 PM

I use an Awesome 9M.

3 PPC
2 medium pulse lasers
1 medium laser
1 srm 4

320Xl engine
20 double heatsinks.
64 km/h without speed tweak.

This machine is pretty bad-***, the PPC on chain fire really ripp into people, as they are standards, and the bachup lasers are decent enough that the 90m minum range isnt so bad a thing. I really an liking standard PPC's. The advantage of ERPPC , doesnt really seem worth the heat. and the barrage of 3 ppc's are a lot more than most expect.

Remeber the 2 medium pulse lasers, are a uni-beam. that makes for a 12 point laser blast...mix that with the srm 4 and one medium...to often the short range guns are what finished of the enemy's.

Use the PPC's on chain fire at range, and they will knock and punch anyone around. up close...those missiles and lasers will finish them off.

this is a fantastic build, and its a lot more than anyone ever expects of an awesome!!! It makes it back into the PPC weilding bringer of death, back from TT days !!.

#67 Cahir

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:58 AM

I'm loving the look of the awesome, so i'm using the pretty baby

XL 385
DHS
3 SRM 4
2 ER PPC

Use it like most dragon builds as skirmisher. XL Engine and no AMS make LRM your worst enemey, so hug some cover, move fast and try to get to the flanks. Fire at every mech you can see, fokusing on the larger mechs. If you can flank them, get in and use your SRM to finish damaged mechs.

Just never ever stop running and don't brawl! If you can get in their back, use the combined alpha from PPC and SRM and get out!

#68 Mazrix

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:29 AM

I'm currently running a CN9-AL as such
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f839477bf67703b

This build usually nets me at least 350 damage even in a losing battle (tend to get around 500-700 in matches that I win), while firing both PPCs only produces about 26% heat. That itself is no problem as having 16 DHS gets rid of that heat pretty quickly. The MPLs tend to make short work of overconfident 3L pilots too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users