Bring Chronologically-In-The-Future Mechs As "prototypes"

3 replies to this topic

#1 Poodleinacan

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:01 AM

I was gona ask to bring the Uziel back... But saw o topic about it, where I saw a comment that said that the Uziel Mechs weren't made yet, in the MechWarrior timeline, for where MechWarrior Online is situated in.

So, I make this post,, to give a chance to the future Mechs, to get in the game as "prototypes".
The models would differ from the original Mechs... but should still keep the basic attributes(for the Uziel, for exemple, the ball-like structure could have cut corners and stuff like that).

Naturally, the mech prototypes wouldn't be as optimal as the future original ones... they would be a bit weaker, as in: a Mech made to endure damage would be too heavy to carry many guns, a light Mech would be able to carry heavier guns and move faster but has poor shields.

So, what do you think?

#2 focuspark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:05 AM

As somebody who is frequently involved with prototypes, these would not want to be something you'd use.

For example, when we prototype new mobile phones you're lucky if they'll fit in your backback, often do not have a battery, and weight on the order of 2.5 kg. That's a mobile phone. A battlemech prototype is likely to as poorly fit for real use as our phone prototypes.

#3 Alois Hammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts
  • LocationHooterville

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

View PostPoodleinacan, on 11 February 2013 - 09:01 AM, said:

So, what do you think?

I think that this should only happen in the form of "news" announcements about such-and-such mechworks working on a design that they expect to have ready...yep, when the Mech was actually released in the MechWarrior timeline. There's your prototype, not released for field trials nor fit for combat.

#4 INSEkT L0GIC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:24 PM

Current game year is 3050 and the Uziel is not produced until after 3060, including its prototypes. You might be waiting awhile.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users