Requesting Dueling Arena

7 replies to this topic

#1 Hurley08

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:12 PM

I am formally requesting a new map for dueling.

In many games people often want to test there steel one on one and issue challenges to meet in sectors for manly mech combat.

I think it would be a great feature if you could invite someone to a party select a "duel map" and fight 1 on 1.

What do you all think??

p.s.

devs great game you got here!

#2 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:14 PM

Private matches are a planned feature. No ETA has yet been given.

http://mwomercs.com/...evs-30-answers/

Q: Are 8man (4 and 12 also, once we get those map sizes) groups EVER going to be allowed to choose other 8man groups to fight against so that matches can be set up in advance, therefore the community can get involved in orchestrating tournaments/matches?
A: Yes. Community Warfare will provide some of this functionality, along with Private Matches.

consideration enemies or his teammates?
A: This will come in two parts: Testing Grounds – an empty sandbox level with dummy targets, and Private Matches.

Edited by Redshift2k5, 11 February 2013 - 02:15 PM.

#3 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:19 PM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 11 February 2013 - 02:14 PM, said:

Private matches are a planned feature. No ETA has yet been given.

Isn't this better posted in "Suggestions"?

Regardless, it'll come, but since the game itself is built and advertised as a "Team Based, Futuristic Combat Simulator" (or something to those effects), I should hope it to be rather a ways down the priority list. I won't complain when it does come, just the resources dedicated to building that are better used (IMO) elsewhere during the Beta Phase.

#4 Hurley08

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:21 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 11 February 2013 - 02:19 PM, said:

Isn't this better posted in "Suggestions"?

Regardless, it'll come, but since the game itself is built and advertised as a "Team Based, Futuristic Combat Simulator" (or something to those effects), I should hope it to be rather a ways down the priority list. I won't complain when it does come, just the resources dedicated to building that are better used (IMO) elsewhere during the Beta Phase.

should'nt you post a suggestion like this to suggest me to go to the suggestion area??? just kidding :( will do that in the futrue!!!

sorry im a nooblicon

#5 M4NTiC0R3X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:22 PM

I think it would be great if they decided to do something like this, however... there will be an offline sandbox with dummy targets, the standard 'mech of your choosing I assume. (new user flow coming soon!)

Who knows, maybe it will be a PvE duel that is scalable in difficulty! That would really help new players get a feel for the different levels of experienced pilots. But they did say dummy.

and, in the future.. like next year :P there will be Solaris VII. I'm not certain how it will all play out or if there will be 1 v 1 available to all players or grand champions or... who knows... but they could do some truly miraculous things here if they have the playerbase for it. And with the introduction of harder to earn enhanced technology and that additional urge to end-game there will most likely be just that!!! :( + the whole CW, the big 'ole map and ... yea... we have a very long ways to go. Stick around I promise you won't b dissapointe!

Edited by M4NTiC0R3X, 11 February 2013 - 02:23 PM.

#6 Odins Fist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:24 PM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 11 February 2013 - 02:14 PM, said:

No ETA has yet been given.

On "ANYTHING" regarding CW or Clan Tech.... It's all just conjecture at the moment...

#7 Mazzyplz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:48 PM

View PostOdins Fist, on 11 February 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

On "ANYTHING" regarding CW or Clan Tech.... It's all just conjecture at the moment...

they did state:
"we'd be crazy not to want to sell players Madcats..."

#8 Mongoose Trueborn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 742 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:31 PM

It can't get here quick enough.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users