Which Mech Do You Fear The Least?

133 replies to this topic

#81 Bleary

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 365 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:40 AM

I can't say I don't fear Spiders, as I've never fought one. I've seen . . .three? They all died before I had a chance to engage them.

Of the 'Mechs I've fought, the ones I tend to fear least are facehugger assaults. Lumbering Stalkers and Atlases loaded up with SRMs, medium lasers, and AC/20s. I usually pilot either a sniper Hunch or a Raven. In the Raven I will occasionally get thwacked by a brawler Atlas while I'm swerving past. Otherwise, I just don't get shot much by them. Partly because they have bigger targets to focus on; mostly because I don't stand 200m in front of them.

They're too slow to bring their weapons to bear against a medium or light unless those 'Mechs are forced to close range (if they also didn't bother taking anything but mediums and SRMs) and can't stay out of the assault's arc (slower mediums, bad light pilots).

Edited by Bleary, 12 February 2013 - 01:41 AM.

#82 Tybo

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:06 AM

View PostStygian Steel, on 11 February 2013 - 05:00 PM, said:

i can;t remeber who the pilot was but last night there wasa spider armed with a erppc just wrecking my team, he went down and we won but not before he killed 3 mechs when he was the last one left alive, so it was 4v1 and ended with him vs a 6ppc stalker the stalker eventually got him but that guy had mad JJ snipe skills

Sunday around 3-4 pst? River city day?

That was me most likely, the spider sniper is legit.

#83 smokefield

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • Locationalways on

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:07 AM

static ones.

#84 The Cheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,558 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:18 AM

Overall? Centurions. They can't pack any real weapons unless they're really slow or really prone to overheating. They also seem a lot more fragile than other mediums.

#85 Soulscour

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:30 AM

View PostThe Cheese, on 12 February 2013 - 02:18 AM, said:

Overall? Centurions. They can't pack any real weapons unless they're really slow or really prone to overheating. They also seem a lot more fragile than other mediums.

I'm lvling Centurions right now. You're right that they're definately not frontal assault kind of mechs. Still every single basic variant can mount at least 2 SRM6. Combine that with some med lasers and speeds over 90kph and they can still put out the damage,be where they need to be, and not be where they dont. meh... what am I saying. They are cannon fodder.

#86 SilentFear

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:07 AM

As Atlas pilot i see most as food but if i have to pick one i would say - Awesome ... big easy to hit and generaly easy to core even if arm twisting.
Also bad Atlas pilots are rather easy targets.

#87 Kaspirikay

• Giant Helper
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:35 AM

In my 3L? all of them.

Posted Image

#88 sC4r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 475 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:56 AM

spider...

no matter what you put on that the mech still sux

#89 JSparrowist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationBoomer Sooner

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:46 AM

Spider

#90 Rotaugen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts
  • LocationSouthern CA

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:24 AM

Which mech do I fear the least? I'd like to say the one on my side, but with all the horrible shots and TKers out there, I can't...

#91 Mazzyplz

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:14 AM

View PostHurlockHolmes, on 12 February 2013 - 12:13 AM, said:

Every mech in the game is easy to hit at close range, no matter the speed or size the only problem before was netcode.

i must have parkinson's because i still can't hit commando/spider very often. too small

#92 Thirdstar

• 2,728 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:15 AM

View PostMazzyplz, on 12 February 2013 - 07:14 AM, said:

i must have parkinson's because i still can't hit commando/spider very often. too small

A well driver JJ Spider IS a nightmare to hit.

#93 therealswilly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 139 posts
  • LocationNot Tellin' ya foo's

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:29 AM

I don't fear mechs, I just get angry as soon as one starts slamming me. I tend to at atleast do 4 times the damage of my alpha with my Hunchback 4SP.

Depending on the target, I engage anyone who engages me because it'll distract them enough to start dodging which then gives me a chance to start running around their backside.

Also I'm a hunchie, so once I'm engaged, pulling out of the engagement requires the rest of the team covering me. Which can happen but I tend to lock in to a certain target, especially the big assaults because its fun tearing them apart as a Medium. I don't want to scare people, I wanna make them think twice before taking on a medium.

Edited by therealswilly, 12 February 2013 - 07:30 AM.

#94 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:33 AM

View PostMazzyplz, on 11 February 2013 - 04:05 PM, said:

what are you piloting :P
the flying ones can be sneaky sometimes

Atlas-D-DC
Cataphract-3D(Marauder)
Pretty Baby
Centurion-AL
Hunchback-4SP
Catapult-A1(When I feel like being a deeck)

I pop Phracts like balloons

#95 HurlockHolmes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 294 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:53 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 12 February 2013 - 07:33 AM, said:

Atlas-D-DC
Cataphract-3D(Marauder)
Pretty Baby
Centurion-AL
Hunchback-4SP
Catapult-A1(When I feel like being a deeck)

I pop Phracts like balloons

I tried going from cents to the phract and I cant be effective, I just feel so slow, weak, and useless. It is probably just me but I feel so much safer in my AL than I do any heavy so far...

#96 Dishevel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 762 posts
  • LocationOrange County, CA

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

Spider

#97 Raalic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 483 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:55 PM

I'm mostly too lazy to shoot spiders. Good thing I don't really have to.

They usually walk in front of my lasers from time to time, anyway. Their brains are tiny. It's science.

Edited by Raalic, 12 February 2013 - 02:56 PM.

#98 Katniss Everdeen

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationDistrict 12

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

The Dragon, and the Spider, I own them in my Raven, everything else has the potential to scare me! lol

#99 Stingz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Location*SIGNAL LOST*

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:16 PM

Awesomes, they are very wide AC/LRM magnets.

Edited by Stingz, 12 February 2013 - 03:16 PM.

#100 Huntsman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:16 PM

- Centurions and Dragons are just targets that serve only the purpose of inflating my KDR.

- Hunchbacks, Cataphracts, and Awesomes are a very small step up from the first two. I also smile, and feel no stress at all when I engage them, and the outcome is assured to be in my favor without too much damage to my armor. They rank as slightly more dangerous than Cents or Dragons only because they can become a threat if ignored.

- mechs 40 tons and less are the next rank up. These are no threat per say, but if my aim is sub-par, they could tie me up time-wise. Thankfully with the netcode imporvements, this hasn't been much of an issue lately.

- Catapults, Stalkers, and Atlases (at least some variants of them) are the most dangous mechs, and while I almost always will be victorious in a 1v1 encounter when we are both fresh, I do feel light anxiety when facing them. A well built D-DC or Stalker is a foe to be considered more than just a LOL-kill, and you don't want a Splatcat in your face either. Further, if you run a mech on the heavier or slower side, even if you're likely to take down that whack-a-pult, he will make you pay for the pleasure and your armor may be pretty cheesed by the time you finish him off.

Edited by Huntsman, 12 February 2013 - 03:18 PM.

20 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 20 guests, 0 anonymous users