If this is F2P online only...

8 replies to this topic

#1 jojobear

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:17 PM

...then why would I play this instead of Mechwarrior Living Legends. From all the info released so far, MWLL seems to deliver almost the exact same thing but with battle armor, aerospace fighters, and tanks.

#2 Brixx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 431 posts
  • LocationGermany/Bavaria

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:23 PM

Except its still a mod. And you can feel that MWLL is still a mod. I prefer a game that is built from scratch and not just adapted to something. Also I sure think that the community for MW:O will be a lot bigger than the MWLL one.

#3 CobraFive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationAZ, USA

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:27 PM

MW:LL won't be taken away. But it also won't be offering nearly as much as this game does, such as clan support, matchmaking, etc etc... although some, I'm sure, will prefer its style of play of course.

TBH, I don't think the MWO and MWLL will be direct competitors in any way.

#4 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:09 AM

Have fun playing with the 10 people still active after MWO comes out.

I think MWLL is incredible and has a ton of great ideas, and in no way should be knocked, but I've already stopped playing because the community is so small you can't get an organized game going as it stands and it's only going to get worse. This is, as said, mostly due to the fact it's an unadvertised mod for an older game that isn't going to draw more than the most hardcore fans.

#5 Max Grayson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • LocationThe real dairy state

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:16 AM

I have never played MWLL but i may get soon (yes i know its a mod for crysis) depending on when the beta for MWO is announced

But while i doubt MWO is a direct competitor, I am assuming the game play of MWO will be slightly more in depth and have a persistant game world which is determined mostly by the players. Now I have never played MWLL but I as I understand it, it just one bit instance battle after battle with out a persistant "world"

Edited by Max Grayson, 09 April 2012 - 09:17 AM.

#6 wwiiogre

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationNorth Idaho

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:22 AM

MWLL is not free, you have to buy Chrysis Wars and then jump thru a few other hoops to make it play. The number of players is small but like you said it does offer some things that MWO will not offer at launch and may never offer. Play what makes you happy. I will wait for MWO.

chris

#7 Siilk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:29 AM

View Postwwiiogre, on 09 April 2012 - 09:22 AM, said:

MWLL is not free, you have to buy Chrysis Wars and then jump thru a few other hoops to make it play.

It is true but Wars is dirt cheap these days, $11 on steam(and you can find it for something close to that outside of steam quite easily), so the price is hardly a problem.

As for the community size, it's not that bad actually, you can always find 2-3 full servers to choose from.

#8 Motionless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 450 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:53 AM

View PostVictor Morson, on 09 April 2012 - 09:09 AM, said:

Have fun playing with the 10 people still active after MWO comes out.

I think MWLL is incredible and has a ton of great ideas, and in no way should be knocked, but I've already stopped playing because the community is so small you can't get an organized game going as it stands and it's only going to get worse. This is, as said, mostly due to the fact it's an unadvertised mod for an older game that isn't going to draw more than the most hardcore fans.

This, as a community gets smaller (for any game) the play just gets so incestuous that it takes some of the fun away (your mileage may vary). I anticipate MWO being good, and 'beating' MWLL due to providing something BETTER than MWLL.

If they they were to mess up MWO (hardcore pay to win -- amazing 'golden bullets' and armor available on expiration creating a p2w subscription fee, or just making MWO awful and unplayable somehow) then maybe we'd see an exodus to MWLL, at least until they made MWO better than MWLL.

#9 Aegis Kleais

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:56 AM

View Postjojobear, on 31 October 2011 - 02:17 PM, said:

...then why would I play this instead of Mechwarrior Living Legends. From all the info released so far, MWLL seems to deliver almost the exact same thing but with battle armor, aerospace fighters, and tanks.

Gorgeous landscapes, beautiful effects, actual weight-based animations, significantly enhanced UI... I mean honestly, MWLL is great for what it is, but it's no MWO.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users