Posted 04 September 2012 - 04:33 AM

I think we demonstrated that. Not that they made it easy! :D

#423 William Knight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 374 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 07:03 AM

Yes we did, and they most certainly did not.

Edited by William Knight, 04 September 2012 - 07:04 AM.

#424 Protection

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:00 AM

If you need the list of people 'in beta' you could go through the MWO forum and count the founder's tags...

Or you could just PM me.

#425 Hylius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 265 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:39 PM

Greetings!

It's been awhile since we've made an official announcement/post here. Well, it's time to break that streak. We got a few things to outline here that needs to be addressed. The OP will be updated shortly to reflect these items.

First off, we have a new position: Recruiter. The title "Recruiter" is a bit of a misnomer, actually. We at the ELP do not, and never will, seek people out to join us via posting on multiple boards, spamming ingame, bugging people via PMs, etc. If you really want in, you'll come to us, or if we really like you we may extend a single invitation. We are not going to spam around advertisements or anything like that: all we have is our recruitment thread here on MWO. The same still holds true for our Recruiters. They are primarily for internal application management on our forums, as our unique application process requires a bit of oversight. They are also your go-to people for any questions related to recruiting, whether you are a current applicant or are considering it.

This slot is currently being filled by 4 of our members: Glaed (MWO: Shootaloo), Maverix, Mr Suffix, and shadowsong. Again, new applicants it is best to refer to these guys first. Worst comes to worst, they'll forward it to me and we'll get things straightened out.

Next, we have another new slot: Diplomats. Self-explanitory here, nothing to really note as far as description. However, there is one important policy to note: Diplomats do not have any control over formal agreements -all such requests are discussed internally first. In fact, as of right now we do not formally agree to any sort of treaty, alliance, etc., for one simple fact: we don't know the details of Community Warfare, and it would be silly of us to agree to anything that could mean nothing or deny us opportunities. That said, we are still very eager and more than happy to make friends out there, even if it only extends to officially recognizing "hey, these are cool people in our books." I'll admit I've personally been a bit neglectful of this since I've been preoccupied elsewhere, but that's being addressed now.

Our new diplomats are: Aki and Hindenburg. Both of these people will be more than happy to address any diplomatic question, proposal, or just a "hey how's it going" you may have. They will also be making contact with corps that have already expressed prior interest or friendliness our way. If you feel neglected, just message one of them and they'll fix that!

Which leads us into our final topic. Many people have asked "What's with you and the Equestrian Royal Guard? Why do you hate each other so much?" (granted it's usually phrased more like "Why don't you two pony lovers get along?")

First, let me address this question with another question. Do you have a favorite show, movie, or sports team? Do you get along with every single person who shares that taste with you? The answer is obviously no. Just because we watch the same show does not make us instant buddies.

[REDACTED]

That's all from me tonight, people, that's too many words by a good thousand. I want to end this on a high note and congratulate our 6 new "officers" and can't wait to see the results from their appointments, especially our diplomats. I look forward to the relationships we establish in the future.

Edited by Viterbi, 07 September 2012 - 12:58 PM.
Removed lengthy story that had directed attacks

#426 ForceUser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 894 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:00 PM

What the last two months have shown me is that so long as it doesn't happen on the mwo forum it's not their responsibility.

We can work with that.

Edited by ForceUser, 07 September 2012 - 01:11 PM.

#427 William Petersen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:15 PM

Really, guys? Seriously? We can't even manage our affairs in our own thread? Good to know.

#428 ForceUser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 894 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:21 PM

ELP guys, there will be anger, disappointment, etc. Take some time to work through them all, reach acceptance and we can move on from there.

#429 Mattiator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 400 posts
  • LocationAthenry

Posted 07 September 2012 - 01:46 PM

Ironic, considering direct attacks against us get absolutely zero response.

I'm disappointed. For several reasons.

Edited by Mattiator, 07 September 2012 - 01:48 PM.

#430 William Petersen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:05 PM

The best part, Mattiator, is where they left corp-drama from ERG in the pony thread (in the form of that now-obviously-nonsense 'apology'), and then remove 'corp drama' from where we were *told* to take it, namely our respective recruitment threads.

#431 Zylo

• 1,782 posts
  • Locationunknown, possibly drunk

Posted 07 September 2012 - 02:34 PM

Nice to see some groups just try to hide the truth by reporting anyone calling them out on their actions.

#432 Shootaloo

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:03 PM

Absolute BS.

#433 ForceUser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 894 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:58 AM

Like it or not, these attacks on ELP has originated here and we have evidence of who the culprit is. This evidence was redacted.

Unfortunately it seems we will need to find a solutions to this on our own.

Edited by ForceUser, 08 September 2012 - 07:01 AM.

#434 rolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 995 posts
  • LocationDown the street from the MWO server

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:06 AM

LOL Awesome. Will you be looking forward to fielding Chargers, Goliaths and eventually Thunder Stallions? :)

#435 ForceUser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 894 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:10 AM

I'm game for anything with an AC20 on it :)

And the thunder stallion 3 is just lulsy.

Edited by ForceUser, 08 September 2012 - 07:17 AM.

#436 Protection

• 1,754 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:56 AM

View Postrolly, on 08 September 2012 - 07:06 AM, said:

LOL Awesome. Will you be looking forward to fielding Chargers, Goliaths and eventually Thunder Stallions? :)

Charger might not be the mech you think it is: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Charger

Goliath is 'unseen' and owned by Harmony Gold - we will never get to have it.

Thunder Stallion is a **** yes, although I was always a bigger fan of the Sirocco. (http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Sirocco)

#437 Skadi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,268 posts
  • LocationUtgarde Pinnacle

Posted 08 September 2012 - 10:02 AM

Posted Image

#438 Protection

• 1,754 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:32 PM

Posted Image

#439 rolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 995 posts
  • LocationDown the street from the MWO server

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:16 AM

View PostProtection, on 08 September 2012 - 09:56 AM, said:

Charger might not be the mech you think it is: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Charger

Goliath is 'unseen' and owned by Harmony Gold - we will never get to have it.

Thunder Stallion is a **** yes, although I was always a bigger fan of the Sirocco. (http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Sirocco)

Oh I'm well aware of the Charger. It would be "Iconic" (if not down right funny and humiliating) for your unit to stomp other teams with Chargers. Pretty coloured Chargers.
"They... they just wiped out our entire team with Chargers, small lasers.... pastel coloured Chargers!"

Yeah Sirocco = AT-AT Cousin.

As for Goliath = Damn you Tomy and Harmony Gold for starting Unseen debacle.

#440 SNobleJr

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 75 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 09 September 2012 - 08:27 AM

View Postrolly, on 09 September 2012 - 08:16 AM, said:

Yeah Sirocco = AT-AT Cousin.

I once heard it described as a "Jawa Sandcrawler on legs".

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users