Pugs Vs Premades, Do You Think That Matchmaking Needs A Redo To Balance Premade Matches?

15 replies to this topic

Poll: Matchmaking needs a redesign to match Premades vs Premades (37 member(s) have cast votes)

Are Premades vs Pugs Overpowered?

1. Yes. Premades have a considerable advantage against Pugs, therefore making it an esay win. (23 votes [60.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 60.53%

2. No. Matchmaking is fine as it is. If you dont like it, make your own Premade. (8 votes [21.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.05%

3. I dont care, i play just for fun and dont care if i win or loose. (7 votes [18.42%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.42%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Corpustroni

• PipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:52 PM

From my personal experiense, i would say that most of the time i go against Premades and im in a Pug (Pick up group), i end up loosing. Its ok to encounter 2-3 matches like that, but these days premades are becoming more popular and that number now is more like 7-10 and im not enjoyng the game that much anymore. So there it is my 2 cents, tell me what do you think.

Edited by Corpustroni, 14 February 2013 - 06:56 PM.

#2 One Medic Army

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:58 PM

Another one of these.
Matchmaking is being significantly changed as of the 19th, as in less than a week from now.
Try giving that a week or two.

Edited by One Medic Army, 14 February 2013 - 06:59 PM.

#3 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:09 PM

There is currently no matchmaker, other than weight matching. Matchmaking starts Feb 19th. Please read the Command Chair and Developer blogs before posting.

#4 Corpustroni

• PipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

View PostDavers, on 14 February 2013 - 07:09 PM, said:

There is currently no matchmaker, other than weight matching. Matchmaking starts Feb 19th. Please read the Command Chair and Developer blogs before posting.

Well thanks for letting me know about that, i just went and read it. Regardless, i would like to know what people think. I also wonder why would they even let Premades available if theres no matchmaking......

#5 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

View PostCorpustroni, on 14 February 2013 - 07:35 PM, said:

Well thanks for letting me know about that, i just went and read it. Regardless, i would like to know what people think. I also wonder why would they even let Premades available if theres no matchmaking......

One view is that when the game goes live it will consist of premade teams with lone wolves being used to 'top them off'.

It is generally considered by most that they should have put matchmaking in place before Open Beta.

#6 Eddrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 1,493 posts
  • LocationCanyon Lake, TX.

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

ELO should sort this problem out. Premade tend to have a higher win ratio compared to PUGs. Therefore, ELO will separate the two because of a big ELO difference.

#7 One Medic Army

• 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

They put in the option to group during closed beta because people wanted to be able to play with people they knew.
It really adds a whole level of enjoyment to the game to be able to converse with someone else who's in the same game you are.

#8 Corpustroni

• PipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:28 PM

Indeed, all of that makes sense. Thanks for the input guys. Anyways, its a beta afterall ;).

#9 Titan Osis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 126 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:31 PM

Where is the "this thread is pointless because the devs have already stated they will be implementing a more proficient match making system" option?

Once ELO is in the game matches will be much more even and will give rise to the "I am stuck in this bad bracket but its obviously my teams fault even though I am terrible" threads.

Edited by PrestonCDawg, 14 February 2013 - 08:31 PM.

#10 Volume

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:32 PM

Your poll options are misleading.

Obviously, "matchmaking" is terrible right now, but, as with everything else, I'm giving them time.

Edited by Volume, 14 February 2013 - 08:32 PM.

#11 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

Elo is designed to fix it and will do so very well.

#12 Xavier Wulf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

How do premades have an "advantage"...I seriously don't understand this. Just because we communicate doesn't give anything unfair to the game.

#13 Snowcaller

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 216 posts
  • LocationHiding in FRR space after defecting. (UK)

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:22 PM

I don't begrudge premade's their strength, i just think it belongs in a different theatre to those of us who don't have instant comms. It was at least a poor design choice not to have voice comms for any team involved. Please PGI, separate us puggers from the group players. Like i say, i don't begrudge them, i'm 'not good enough' that any group wants or needs me.
But please let me play with nice people who are happy to play with me.

View PostXavier Wulf, on 14 February 2013 - 08:49 PM, said:

How do premades have an "advantage"...I seriously don't understand this. Just because we communicate doesn't give anything unfair to the game.

If you don't know how instant communication affects battle tactics and how it relates to effectiveness in combat, i suggest you study World War 2. In particular Gen/FM Erwin Rommel, the text 'Achtung Panzer' and the manoeuvres of Heinz Guderian (who wrote the book, Achtung Panzer). This is a video game, and a (very loose) Sim, but the principles apply.

Don't tickle, punch.
Coordination creates that.
Armoured warfare 101.

#14 wirikidor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 170 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC USA

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:42 PM

View PostXavier Wulf, on 14 February 2013 - 08:49 PM, said:

If you think communication isn't an advantage in your premade... then stop communicating and see what happens.

#15 Riffleman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:00 PM

The arguing is pointless right now. PGI has decided their path for good or bad. If its good, it will fix the imbalance problems. If its half assed, they will lose revinue and the game will colapse and we wont have to worry about it anymore. But dont pretend that the matchmaker wont be that crucial. This game starts to swim or sink the 19th.

#16 Zylo

• 1,782 posts
  • Locationunknown, possibly drunk

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

Where is the poll option:

"Lets wait for matchmaker phase 3 with Elo to see if it's still a problem"?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users