• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 31 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:44 AM

CN9-ALm
Posted Image
The sarna.net-style description:
A "modernized" CN9-AL, the ALm uses Ferro-Fibrous Armor, an Endo-Steel Structure, and Double Heat Sinks to free tonnage for a much larger STD260 Engine, giving the mech a top speed of 84.2 kp/h. Additionally, the Large Laser on the Right Arm has been upgraded to an ER Large Laser, and the Small Laser replaced by an added Medium Laser. Thirteen Double Heat Sinks improve cooling, and the LRM10 is replaced by a pair of LRM5 launchers equipped with Artemis IV, with two tons of ammo. The two Medium Lasers in the torso are retained.

The original idea was to make a viable AL as close to canon as possible, but this has turned out to be a surprisingly effective Mech.

Posted Image
Tips:
-Remember you can use LRMs down to 180m. Your LRM5+Artemis launchers are VERY accurate, and at mid-to-close range will likely all hit the CT of any target facing you. The low recycle time and heat generation means you can spam LRMs effectively right up to minimum range for considerable damage.
-As with all Centurions, use your left arm as an expendable bullet catcher. Since your heaviest weapon, the ER Large Laser is fully articulated, you can hit enemies while torso twisting away from them.
-In the likely event you lose your right arm, fall back and rely on your LRMs for damage. Running around as a walking pair of medium lasers is a last resort option.
-The ER Large Laser can easily be swapped out for a standard Large Laser for lower heat generation at the cost of shorter range.
-With it's high mobility and versatility, this mech is a great "rescuer" or reinforcer. It can get to where it is needed rapidly and fight effectively in whatever situation you find there.

Edited by DocGiggles, 15 September 2013 - 12:52 AM.

#62 Snowcrow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:15 AM

This close range brawler atlas D will strike fear into anyone. A big *** monster breathing fire out of his chest. I mean come on.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...3e4c994f5066265

#63 Sovngarde Awaits

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:02 AM

My BJ-1 build, great at range, fast and a good build:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...fde17e47d2dab76

Good Luck!

#64 jghs48

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 02:59 PM

Going to keep it short so here it is.

CLPT - K2:
XL 255 engine
Endo Steel Structure
Double Heat Sinks: 10 (only from engine)
4 Medium Lasers, 2 Gauss Rifles
352 Standard Armor, 50 Firepower, 63.5 kph and 1.3 heat efficiency

It was my very first build that I will remember so it's my personal best. Performed pretty good, but I'm not sure as of now. Been using my kto 20 that i'm still experimenting on, it's slowly growing on me and proving it's worth.

#65 BlacKcuD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 229 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationmwo-builds.net

Posted 16 September 2013 - 01:13 PM

View PostSnowcrow, on 15 September 2013 - 01:15 AM, said:

This close range brawler atlas D will strike fear into anyone. A big *** monster breathing fire out of his chest. I mean come on.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...3e4c994f5066265

Posted Image

Thanks everyone else for their nice posts. I really like what I am seeing here.

#66 Gelion

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationSex Dungeon

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:58 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ceadae9ced1d76d

#67 BlacKcuD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 229 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationmwo-builds.net

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:28 PM

View PostGelion, on 22 September 2013 - 04:58 AM, said:

Excellent build, unfortunately there are already two very similar DDC builds on the page so I am afraid that I won't be able to post your suggestion :/

Still looking for Catapult and Victor builds!

Edited by BlacKcuD, 17 November 2013 - 05:28 PM.

#68 NRP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:14 AM

Your website is very slow, and it is not at all smart phone friendly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users