#21 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:00 AM

View PostBroceratops, on 15 February 2013 - 07:41 AM, said:

lrm20 locks onto you at no minimum range. boat 4 of them on an assault. teehee.

I can see them breaking canon on this and simply reducing the min range just to keep it from being abused.

Nothing would say "good morning!" like 20 to 40 LRMs to the kisser... :(

#22 Necromion

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:01 AM

I dont think clan tech is going to be as bad as we think, but it will be rough. And hell its supposed to be (cannonwise atleast), so unless it ends up completely and totaly hands down busted i dont think we are going to be having a problem (Im going to withhold judgment until i see it). Also for everyone looking to salvage that tech, its going to be rough on you, especially since the innersphere had such a rough time capturing and salvaging the tech in the first place so if you plan on using those ER large lasers you better have some back stock, or pray nothing happens to them (again cannonwise atleast)

though I must admit that I am looking forward to my Dasher with maxed out engine and masc.

#23 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:07 AM

View PostNecromion, on 15 February 2013 - 08:01 AM, said:

though I must admit that I am looking forward to my Dasher with maxed out engine and masc.

"Beep beep!...

"If you're on a highway and Road Runner goes beep-beep!
Just step aside, or you might end up in heap!"...

:(

#24 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:07 AM

I dont think clan tech is going to be as bad as we think

It will be.

Imagine a Clan Assault with x3 CERPPCs and a CGauss, with enough heatsinks to use them almost non-stop. Thats 60 damage that can be pinpointed in one location from across the map. That will kill almost anything in two volleys to the center torso.

One possible solution is to give IS hardened armor though. Which exists in 3050.

But in general I think they have to do something about the pinpoint aiming on weapons because thats what really screwed up game balance. The armor values are based on random hit locations not aiming.

Edited by Khobai, 15 February 2013 - 08:13 AM.

#25 dal10

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:14 AM

View PostKhobai, on 15 February 2013 - 08:07 AM, said:

It will be.

Imagine a Clan Assault with x3 CERPPCs and a CGauss, with enough heatsinks to use them almost non-stop. Thats 60 damage that can be pinpointed in one location from across the map. That will kill almost anything in two volleys to the center torso.

One possible solution is to give IS hardened armor though. Which exists in 3050.

you forgot that the only way to kill them is to take out the center torso or head. though disarming some of them, such as the T-wolf (lets face it, in all likeliness the ears are going to be part of the side torsos) will be easy. though hopefully some of the canon restrictions (such as no modifying engine, armor, and internal structure) will be in place. i would also support removing the heat buffs/nerfs (depends on point of view) for the ER Large, Large Pulse, and ERPPC for the clans.

i would love hardened armor btw. 200 points of atlas central torso armor.

Edited by dal10, 15 February 2013 - 08:15 AM.

#26 Necromion

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:17 AM

It will be.

But in general I think they have to do something about the pinpoint aiming on weapons because thats what really screwed up game balance. The armor values are based on random hit locations not aiming.

I can definately understand the pinpoint aiming problem, but the hard part is canonwise clan tech is vastly superior to IS tech, I will admit that it is definately going to be very rough, though another thing that could be added and shouldnt be forgotten is that IS uses vehicles, aerospace, infantry, powerarmor, and ARTILLERY, while the clans use predominately Powerarmor and mechs. i see a numbers situation that could definately change this game and balance out the clans.

Edited by Necromion, 15 February 2013 - 08:18 AM.

#27 Cato Phoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 843 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:17 AM

View PostZolaz, on 15 February 2013 - 07:19 AM, said:

The Clans are going to get smoked just like someone who just rolled up to Amsterdam. The reason why? Too much reliance on energy weapons. In MWO's current weapon format energy weapons just do not put out the sustained damage per second that ballistics and missiles do.

So stiff upper lip clanners or train real hard. Good gunnery skills still counts for something.

Have you ever heard of an Ultra AC20?

#28 Broceratops

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:18 AM

View PostKommisar, on 15 February 2013 - 08:00 AM, said:

OH. Hey, Broceratops. Noticed your location is TDOT. As in Tenn Dept of Transportation??? Or something else?

no its toronto. for some reason that is what they call it here when people want to be hipsters.

#29 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:24 AM

Have you ever heard of an Ultra AC20?

Yeah the Hunchback IIC has TWO of them. On a 50 ton mech. 80 damage IN YOUR FACE.

#30 Necromion

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:27 AM

View PostKhobai, on 15 February 2013 - 08:24 AM, said:

Yeah the Hunchback IIC has TWO of them. On a 50 ton mech. 80 damage IN YOUR FACE.

and almost no armor....

Edited by Necromion, 15 February 2013 - 08:27 AM.

#31 Nightfangs

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:28 AM

View PostSeaborne, on 15 February 2013 - 07:25 AM, said:

I was under the impression Clan LRM's had no minimum range.

Right now, the CLRMs would just be slower, less damaging SRMs. Thank you, ECM.

#32 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:29 AM

why does everyone ignore me...

#33 Kooler

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 56 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:32 AM

No way man , The clans have cupholders , cupholders are overpowered. I forsee the clans ruining MWO for at least 5 years before cupholders are nerfed.

Someone please start a petition to nerf cupholders before they are implemented

#34 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:34 AM

View Postdal10, on 15 February 2013 - 07:55 AM, said:

closest i could get to a clan mech with such a weapon loadout while using TT limitations. no way it would be viable in this game. even with the downgraded engine, you would not improve it significantly, nothing could stand up to that much heat.

edit: moving at 4/6/0 it is more viable, as that frees up an extra 11 tons which would likely go to mostly armor as you only have 2 free crit slots.

Ya, I wouldn't be running a 375, as it's basically unnecessary (you're running at 85 kph with that config).

With those free 11 tons, what would be unworkable about the mech? It'd certainly be a hot config... I ran in in Mechwarrior 4, and while the MWO mechanics are different, they aren't THAT different.

Firing the missiles is only gonna generate around, what, 30 heat? That's managable, given that you are dumping a HUNDRED lrm's on a target. Anything that gets hit with them is gonna be ruined.

Honestly though, this mech is basically just an illustration of pushing clan tech to the extreme.. you can reduce the loadout significantly (like, for instance, drop 20 LRM's, and then "only" have 80 lrms), and still have a totally crazy town loadout.

#35 Rofl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 435 posts
  • LocationTrash can around the corner.

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:41 AM

It will be.

Except for that whole darn targeting computer.
Edit: called shots, too.

Edited by Rofl, 15 February 2013 - 08:42 AM.

#36 Havyek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 1,349 posts
  • LocationBarrie, ON

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:03 AM

I don't mind really if the Clan and IS stuff isn't balanced, but the 2 lances vs. 1 star ratio would need to be kept. I.E 8 vs 5.

#37 Sifright

• 2,218 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom, High Wycombe

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:08 AM

Clan srms
Clan lrms
clan UAC/20

all i got to say.

#38 Joe Mallad

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:13 AM

View PostZolaz, on 15 February 2013 - 07:19 AM, said:

The Clans are going to get smoked just like someone who just rolled up to Amsterdam. The reason why? Too much reliance on energy weapons. In MWO's current weapon format energy weapons just do not put out the sustained damage per second that ballistics and missiles do.

So stiff upper lip clanners or train real hard. Good gunnery skills still counts for something.
sorry bud I have to disagree. All clan laser weapons are ER based and so all their laser weapons have range on ours. Even their Pulse lasers are ER based. They can hit us at range before we can hit them. On that note their ER large laser and ER PPC are not the same as our ER large laser and ER PPC and theirs are superior. They also have Streak 4 and 6 packs and all their AC weapons are UAC. Their UAC 10 can do as much damage as our AC20 and their UAC 20 does 40 damage by itself lol. Not to mention their LRMs have no minimum range lol. They may rely more on energy weapons but their DHS only take up 2 crit slots unlike ours that take up 3 so they will be able to fit more DHS in their mechs to control the laser heat. Example... The medium Clan Blackhawk (nova) comes with 12 medium pulse lasers lol. It would need a lot of DHS to fire 12 of those lol

#39 gunghoblazes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationEverywhere at once.

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:16 AM

So I am guessing that all clan players that are already used to playing with IS tech that have heavier weapons, with less ranges, more heat, bla bla are going to get smoked when they get their hands on better tech. This is what i am hearing right?

#40 STRONG LIKE BEAR

• PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:19 AM

its going to be hilarious when a couple catapults just annihilate entire squads of clan mechs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users