View PostTer Ushaka, on 15 February 2013 - 11:25 PM, said:

I'm his favorite. :V

He sometimes laughs at my ****** jokes :colbert:

#82 Ter Ushaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • LocationGnomeregan, Dun Morogh

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:27 PM

Hate to break it to you, but he laughs at all our jokes. It's in the software.

#83 Rannos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:29 PM

...oh...

#84 Ter Ushaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

Yeah, sorry buddy. :)

#85 Mazgazine1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 368 posts
  • LocationLondon, Ontario

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:32 PM

I have seen very little trash talk, and all the premades I am with, fight against are pretty friendly.

#86 MechFrog1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 630 posts
  • LocationSouth Korea

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:36 PM

View PostTheMadPoet, on 15 February 2013 - 11:19 PM, said:

It would be nice if their posts were amusing, humorous, witty or even creative. But what have we seen? All standard mundane responses for them:

Learn to play!
The genital insult (points for an old classic)
Getting mad at a game!
Wasn't us!
You just hate premades.
We have the right to be jerks!

It's like a flock of really ill-mannered sheep, following blindly along with whatever is suggested to them by one of their own.
Excuse me. Goons didn't make a thread making wild accusations about a huge group of players and calling them a "cancer". Why don't you have a problem with the OP's totally irresponsible behavior?

#87 Mederlock

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationCanuckistan

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:37 PM

This thread was a good read thanks for all the content!!!

edit: oh wait wrong thread

Edited by Mederlock, 15 February 2013 - 11:38 PM.

#88 Topkil

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:38 PM

View PostMederlock, on 15 February 2013 - 11:37 PM, said:

This thread was a good read thanks for all the content!!!

edit: oh wait wrong thread

yw

#89 Ohsh

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 163 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:38 PM

View Postmint frog, on 15 February 2013 - 11:36 PM, said:

Excuse me. Goons didn't make a thread making wild accusations about a huge group of players and calling them a "cancer". Why don't you have a problem with the OP's totally irresponsible behavior?

because we're goons and all goons do is cause sadness and hatred.

nobody knows our softer side because nobody deserves it.

#90 elbloom

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:41 PM

Tetaete are the inhabitants of Täterööötüüü Island.

They are all brain amputees, please have understanding for those poor kids, not even their parents wanted them :)

Even if they talk like birds, welcome them in this community of love ^^

#91 Texas Merc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:45 PM

View PostRannos, on 15 February 2013 - 10:41 PM, said:

Please direct all Goon complaints to www.houseliao.com
Since they are part of House Liao it falls to them to keep the goonies in line.

communication IS key

#92 Ter Ushaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:51 PM

View PostTexas Merc, on 15 February 2013 - 11:45 PM, said:

communication IS key

It certainly is. If only more keys for communcation were made available.

#93 Rannos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:52 PM

View PostM A L I C E, on 15 February 2013 - 11:47 PM, said:

Your softer side is readily apparent on your various frequented sites where you feel you have an insular community, and you're all just like everyone else on every other message board.

The only difference being that the lot of you are self-absorbed enough to believe anyone else actually gives a ****.

Yes the select few with tenbux. Very gated community.

Edited by Rannos, 15 February 2013 - 11:53 PM.

#94 MechFrog1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 630 posts
  • LocationSouth Korea

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:55 PM

View PostM A L I C E, on 15 February 2013 - 11:47 PM, said:

Your softer side is readily apparent on your various frequented sites where you feel you have an insular community, and you're all just like everyone else on every other message board.

The only difference being that the lot of you are self-absorbed enough to believe anyone else actually gives a ****.

You care enough to click on the thread.

#95 Ter Ushaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:56 PM

Clicking is caringPosting is caring.

We care, we care a lot!

#96 CG Oglethorpe Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:57 PM

View PostTheMadPoet, on 15 February 2013 - 10:32 PM, said:

What fun eh? Six matches in a row with premades, stomping us. At least five of them were goon squads with thier squawking. No big deal eh? Just another fun night in MWO.

I encourage you to get organized, there are threads about doing so in this very forum. You sound like a good chap, in good standing with the community, and articulate in the arts of communication. I don't see you having much trouble with this.

But ya know..the name calling, taunting and general grade-school level open chat crap is just annoying, and really bad for the game in general. Being called sh*ts and other names before the match begins, then laughed at and called names after the match ends with our overwhelming loss, is not making anyone in those matches, other than the frankly offensive goons, want to play this game. A bit of pre-match trash talking is fine...but have some good sportsmanship and decency.

Now lets not do this.
Goons are not some monolithic group-think community, there are thousands of us and what you are doing is just imposing another stereotype on a group that you probably don't understand nearly as much as you think you do. Do you know that it was Goons that were trash talking you, or are you just assuming they were because they were mean. For someone coming on here and posting because someone was disrespectful of you, you are acting just as despicable as those you are describing.
Most goons simply SQUAWK at the start of the match, which doesn't really count as trash talking in my book.

Being beaten over and over as a PUGer facing premades is enough. I, and I'm sure others, don't need the insulting on top of it. And I was not alone in my feelings, judging by the team chat.

Again, I am not sure you are seeing Goons here, they really don't stick around after the fight.

Yes..I know, it's the internet, and apparently being safely anonymous is an excuse for displaying bullying behavior and general stupidity. However, from a business stand point, it is gonna lose this game some customers, and probably already has.

You are also coming in as an anonymous entity and laying down accusations, you are guilty of the same thing you are accusing us of doing.

As much as I have always enjoyed Battletech and Mechwarrior, I'm on the fence myself as to whether I want to keep playing and/or spending time and money here.

It seemed, for a short stretch there, that this community might be a bit more mature than many other FPS and competitive PVP games, but the past month has certainly changed my opinion. Not that everyone is rude, premade or PUG, but enough are, with more all the time, that it really leaves a bad impression.

Aside from a few exceptions, the community here isn't all that bad. Yes we have some people on the forums that consistently whine about everything they hate, but those are the exceptions to the rule.

PGI has made a pretty good game so far, albeit unfinished, and is making strides to make it even better. As a Goon, I can't wait for community warfare to start up and things to get really interesting. You seem to really care about this 'verse so I would hope that you would stay around.

But seriously, you are going to need to grow a thicker skin and stop throwing accusations around. Try to be more positive and remember that this is just a game.

#97 KinLuu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:00 AM

goons are fine, L2P.

#98 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:03 AM

Goons are not unbeatable, just more organized than the average pug group. Being on TS in a group is one thing, but consistently grouping with the same people makes that group's communication many times more effective. Not to mention, swarms of lights are still very powerful in this incarnation of MWO.

#99 UraniumOverdose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 648 posts
  • LocationBurning hot sphere of pure rage.

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:04 AM

View PostKinLuu, on 16 February 2013 - 12:00 AM, said:

goons are fine, L2P.

Most people beat goons without trying, it's not about l2p. It's about goons being an entire unit of bads and griefers.

#100 Ter Ushaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:06 AM

View PostKinLuu, on 16 February 2013 - 12:00 AM, said:

goons are fine, L2P.

See this? This is a high quality GoodPost.

51 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 51 guests, 0 anonymous users