Allow Players To Exchange C-Bills To Mc

53 replies to this topic

#41 Beeman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:24 PM

Forty-five days of full-time grinding to buy ONE premium mech sounds reasonable enough for me. Some people would take advantage of that slow-*** pace while others would simply circumvent that and drop money on MC.

It's always encouraging when you can earn every little premium feature for free, even if it takes forever. Reminds me of games made by Turbine or Cryptic, though each company handles things quite differently to the other.

#42 Rauchsauger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 225 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:08 AM

View PostBeeman, on 20 February 2013 - 01:24 PM, said:

Forty-five days of full-time grinding to buy ONE premium mech sounds reasonable enough for me. Some people would take advantage of that slow-*** pace while others would simply circumvent that and drop money on MC.

It's always encouraging when you can earn every little premium feature for free, even if it takes forever. Reminds me of games made by Turbine or Cryptic, though each company handles things quite differently to the other.

If PGI would use this method it would probably be implemented in todays fashion -> just look at mobile games and their "free to play" implementations - is that what you wish to get?

#43 Calimaw

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:35 AM

The primary reason I disagree with this; read on...

There's a few thing I can't buy with 'free' credit, and I will buy them with hard cash when I am comfortable that I won't be banned for stupid crap ( feelers out ), and that there is a consistent ( so far, it is ) direction concerning updates.

I miss the good old days of "you get what you pay for"... F2P is a trend now, and many companies do well by it, and while end users may suffer, there's really the only option of simply sucking it up and deal or not deal.

I don't like something to be completely free. Nothing should be free, including CELL PHONES ( Obama, GJ, we can afford it can't we ), you should have to earn your keep.

You want it? Earn it. Enough ***** crap, the world doesn't exist for you to live in, you simply live in the world that exists. Find your own way.

:D k thx

Im a mid-west guy, grew up on a farm, I'm more intelligent than the majority of people who consider me a *******; who consider rednecks to be less than intelligent, and these are my values.

Note: Lol, language filter considers ******* inappropriate, but not the plural "rednecks". CITATION!

Edited by Calimaw, 21 February 2013 - 02:38 AM.

#44 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:49 AM

Actually. Yes. Id be for that. There has to absolutely be a way to cut out any farming bots (The way Cbills are earned right now is a very good start - Mechs not participating in a match dont get Cbills) from the equation.

PGI would also have to monitor player activity and have the possibility of an automatic flag being set by the game server software (much like manual player reports are doing for them now) so that they can specifically check these accounts without having to sift through every single legit account first.

A conversion rate of 100.000 CBills for 1 MC would be reasonable... Look at it this way. If you wanted a pretty baby at 6000MC, then you would have to spend 600.000.000 Cbills (that is Six hundred million Sea Bills) just for the mech itself without any modifications what so ever.

#45 Calimaw

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:57 AM

View PostRushin Roulette, on 21 February 2013 - 02:49 AM, said:

600.000.000 Cbills (that is Six hundred million Sea Bills)...

SEA BILLS?!
It's the Armored Division, not Naval Forces!
Sea Bills... Next you'll want a walrus!

#46 Rauchsauger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 225 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:01 AM

View PostCalimaw, on 21 February 2013 - 02:35 AM, said:

The primary reason I disagree with this; read on...

There's a few thing I can't buy with 'free' credit, and I will buy them with hard cash when I am comfortable that I won't be banned for stupid crap ( feelers out ), and that there is a consistent ( so far, it is ) direction concerning updates.

I miss the good old days of "you get what you pay for"... F2P is a trend now, and many companies do well by it, and while end users may suffer, there's really the only option of simply sucking it up and deal or not deal.

I don't like something to be completely free. Nothing should be free, including CELL PHONES ( Obama, GJ, we can afford it can't we ), you should have to earn your keep.

You want it? Earn it. Enough ***** crap, the world doesn't exist for you to live in, you simply live in the world that exists. Find your own way.

:D k thx

Im a mid-west guy, grew up on a farm, I'm more intelligent than the majority of people who consider me a *******; who consider rednecks to be less than intelligent, and these are my values.

Note: Lol, language filter considers ******* inappropriate, but not the plural "rednecks". CITATION!

'Murica!

No I'm just kidding :D Also I completely agree on having to earn your keep.

#47 Rauchsauger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 225 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:10 AM

View PostCalimaw, on 21 February 2013 - 02:57 AM, said:

SEA BILLS?!
It's the Armored Division, not Naval Forces!
Sea Bills... Next you'll want a walrus!

Posted Image

#48 Calimaw

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:11 AM

View PostRauchsauger, on 21 February 2013 - 03:01 AM, said:

'Murica!

No I'm just kidding :D Also I completely agree on having to earn your keep.

Haha, it's not a general 'Murica concept any more. People are well educated idiots now. Oh boy they know so much :D

3050 won't happen for us, we won't make it at the rate we're going.

#49 Beeman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:13 AM

See, the problem with "earning your keep" is that...PGI is the one earning their keep here. By keeping such a high entry point into something so seemingly arbitrary as cosmetic customization of your mechs, they actually literally turn away potential customers...and in doing so reduce the amount of available content(opponents) for the rest of us.

Now, I invested in the game. I invested a lot into it with blind faith that the game will turn out to be...more or less what I would like to play...and it is! But I fear for the longevity of it because free-to-play isn't geared toward people with disposable income. It's geared toward people who are willing to drop a few bucks here and there on something they're passionate about.

Right now the cost of cosmetics is making people look twice "five dollars for a single shade of digital paint? Five dollars for a cockpit item that I can't even show off unless someone's spectating me? wtf".

Like I said, I'm more interested in seeing MWO succeed for the long-term. I don't want it to fizzle out and lowering the cost of cosmetics will ensure that PGI/IGP earn more money overall via larger quantities of people dropping money on the game.

Hell, I've said it a few times before in other threads...I want this game to be so successful that we get an actual retail game in the future. One with a grand campaign and up to four player(or more!) coop. Something that would cost like fifty bucks because it's an actual retail product. That's what I want...but that can't happen if MWO fizzles out because a lack of income.

#50 Calimaw

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:35 AM

View PostRauchsauger, on 21 February 2013 - 03:10 AM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#51 Calimaw

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:00 AM

My answer is NO! NO WALRUS!

Posted Image

#52 Rauchsauger

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 225 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:06 AM

View PostCalimaw, on 21 February 2013 - 03:35 AM, said:

Posted Image

Ahahahah totally love it :D XD

#53 Valore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:06 AM

Because we didn't have enough incentive for bot farmers already.

This isn't charity.

#54 Calimaw

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:15 AM

View PostValore, on 21 February 2013 - 05:06 AM, said:

Because we didn't have enough incentive for bot farmers already.

This isn't charity.

Saw a "friend" on not too long ago directing our team with a chat message on where to go.
He went to bed quite a while before that. I shot out his itty bitty Atlai eyeball.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users