#41 Tybo

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:20 PM

View PostClay Pigeon, on 17 February 2013 - 03:50 PM, said:

Pay 20 dollars worth of MC for paint.

Shoot blue blobs.

The Truth. Wish they removed it completely or tweaked there maps so we didnt have to use it on most. Such a pretty game reduced to grossness. Just like BF3 with the IRscope.

#42 Parnage Winters

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 414 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

looks about the same.. o_O

#43 Zeus X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,307 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:23 PM

View PostParnage, on 17 February 2013 - 04:21 PM, said:

looks about the same.. o_O

Cept PGI likes to play with these horizontal lines.

Why they have to put these in is beyond me, it's not like we are looking at a green screen from the 80's.

#44 S1lent0ne

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 96 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

BTW - this is what real thermals look like - 'predator' coloring really is for amateurs.

Note the clarity.

#45 BP Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

The thing that kills thermal for me is the insane amount of blurring that gets applied to everything, made 10 times worse when you are in motion. Compare...

Posted Image

Posted Image

As soon as the scene is in motion it looks like someone applied a photoshop blur to the whole thing.

#46 Tarman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:47 PM

View PostBP Raven, on 18 February 2013 - 06:29 PM, said:

The thing that kills thermal for me is the insane amount of blurring that gets applied to everything, made 10 times worse when you are in motion. Compare...

Posted Image

Posted Image

As soon as the scene is in motion it looks like someone applied a photoshop blur to the whole thing.

Is your motion blur turned off?

#47 batesman

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:53 PM

View PostRavennus, on 16 February 2013 - 03:00 PM, said:

Terminator 2!!! I loved that arcade game!

So many quarters/tokens spent......

... I miss old school arcades...

If I had the money, I would open a new bar in my hometown. A Gamer Bar.
You pay cover and there is a whole section of old school arcades and pinball machines you can play for free.

Another section for modern consoles, including a couple big screen projectors for fun spectating and occasional tournaments.

Another section for Dancing, which include a live DJ doing modern remixes of old school game soundtracks.

Another section for sitting and chatting casually, and enjoying some great pub food (including vegan and organic options).

Of course, a kick *** bar where you can buy drinks and ALSO buy physical copies of the latest games.

Sorta like they have in Australia (Mana Bar) but on steroids.

DAMNIT! I need money!
And a nice big space!

THANK YOU OP FOR INSPIRING SUCH AWESOME NOSTALGIA AND BUSINESS IDEAS WITH YOUR COMPLAINT THREAD!

There is a place like that here in Atlanta and it is tanking. Don't think it will be around much longer.

#48 BP Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:37 AM

View PostTarman, on 18 February 2013 - 06:47 PM, said:

Is your motion blur turned off?

Very definately turned off. Just changed gfx card and monitor(s) +driver update, so i wondered if it might be something to do with that as i don't remember it being this bad.

#49 Agent of Change

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,119 posts
  • LocationBetween Now and Oblivion

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:04 AM

View PostBrudlos, on 16 February 2013 - 02:45 PM, said:

Posted Image

I'm not sure why every one is going OT talking about how thermals are hard to see stuff in like they are suppose to be. Clearly this thread is about a Bad *** arcade game from the 90's maybe all arcade games with shooting aspects.

you know what was awesome and terrible to... Revolution X.

#50 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:05 AM

@OP Correct.

The sad part about MWO is that it is so unaturally dark and/or washed out on most maps you need Thermal Vision just to see Mechs in TOTAL DAYLIGHT!

I think the only map you can see mechs normally is Caustic Valley, Maybe River City, but that's pretty washed out too. Most players (95%) I spectate on River City are in Thermal Vision mode.

How about some normal vision mode map lighting on some new maps? Crisp veiwing of all these Mechs would be cool. Might even sell some paint jobs.

#51 Mercules

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:11 AM

If you can't spot mechs across the map without thermal you need to invest in a new computer and/or video card(s), adjust your screen/computer settings, and/or have your vision checked. When I have an AC/2, UAC/5, Gauss, or PPC on a mech I zoom in and spot mechs all the time. Heck, even without those weapons I tend to zoom and do visual sweeps. I've found I can spot mechs better without thermal on.

#52 mekabuser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:19 AM

not only is it bad with night vision worse, but river city night is just so bad.. Bright fire and 5 m away pitch black.. the devs should study planetside 2 night battles.. That is what we are looking for.. Something that looks awesome at night .
What we have is really a travesty..
The main reason Im looking forward to alpine today is because then I play rcn all that much less. That map coming up in rotation is like coming home to a wife on the warpath.

View PostLightfoot, on 19 February 2013 - 09:05 AM, said:

@OP Correct.
Might even sell some paint jobs.

qft.

The paintjobs are absolutely WASTED the way they interact with the enviroment in game.. A crying shame.

#53 Arkmaus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:19 AM

Night vision should just be made to look like the real night vision we use in the Armed Forces today. Problem solved.

#54 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:23 AM

Thermal would ideally be crisper, but to balance not be as useful at range by making its max range around 500 meters or less, since the other part of the equation here is that it makes sniper easy mode.

Then night vision would only need to have its range extended (at least 1km max distance) and the bright reflections on buildings removed.

That would pretty much resolve everything IMO!

Edited by CapperDeluxe, 19 February 2013 - 09:26 AM.

#55 Empee38

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:26 AM

View PostDCM Zeus, on 17 February 2013 - 04:18 PM, said:

Real life thermals

Posted Image

MWO Thermals

Posted Image

The images speak for them self.

View PostEmpee38, on 17 February 2013 - 01:04 PM, said:

All they would have to do it change the color scheme from Predator style to White hot for heat signatures.

Most if not all IR cameras allow you to change the color scheme. The multi color is from the 70s or 80s, watch any military video of IR and its always in White Hot. If PGI could give the players the option of changing how they want their IR to look would be fantastic.

#56 Hopdevil

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:20 PM

The problem isn't that thermal vision doesn't work, the problem is we would rather enjoy the graphics. Enough with this Predator vs Smurf action. I don't care who you are you can't see targets on RC night without TV unless you are bumping into them and/or they don't have ECM on.

Edit for a little canon:
Mechs have motion sensors and the IR is able to pickup man sized targets in the BT universe.

Edited by Hopdevil, 06 March 2013 - 01:21 PM.

#57 Caviel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 637 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:26 PM

View PostDe La Fresniere, on 17 February 2013 - 12:56 PM, said:

Unfortunately, until they fix the regular graphics alter ECM mechanics, we don't have much of a choice.

Fixed that for you.

#58 Mercules

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:27 PM

there is always the option to LOOK for mechs. I can see them without thermal often better than when I have to turn thermal on due to darkness and/or fog.

#59 EmeraldSongbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 294 posts
  • LocationAt my computer...

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:29 PM

I don't like it too much, I can't see the ground worth a damn.

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users