Ok, Something Is Broken.

8 replies to this topic

#1 Mike Townsend

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationRedmond

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:10 AM

Last match all enemies had been destroyed except one. A Jenner F. I was in a Jenner D. We got into a duel. It didn't last long, and I was not heavily damaged. He won. That's ok. I'm honestly not very good. Except the game shows the "you died" screen and the last damage dealt to me, the killing blow, was from an AC/20. The Jenner F cannot mount ballistics so how the hell did I get killed by an AC 20 mounted on a Jenner F? Not saying I didn't get cockpitted by something, but given that no Jenner variant can mount ballistics, whatever I got killed by couldn't have been an AC/20. There's a bug here somewhere.

#2 Znail

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:14 AM

It doesn't list only the last damage that you took. So you had been shot by an AC 20 earlier in the battle.

#3 Captain Midnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:52 AM

It lists all the damage you took in a battle, and in RANDOM order as far as I can tell. It's not the order you took it in, or the severity either.

#4 Ravennus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:56 AM

Yup, what they said.

After a few matches, I stopped trying to decipher the 'combat log'. It's a mess right now.

It's just good for having a longer look at where you at how you were cored or if it was due to an ammo explosion.
According to the devs, they are supposed to make it much better in the future. Right now, a lot of it just seems like a placeholder.

Edited by Ravennus, 17 February 2013 - 12:57 AM.

#5 Dukarriope

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Locationa creative suite

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:35 AM

It's also possible that the Jenner set off a delayed chain reaction explosion (e.g. ammo explosion) that actually went off after the AC/20 hit you.

#6 Therion I

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 117 posts
  • LocationHerts, UK

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:52 AM

I love it when I see 'Fall Damage' when I know I haven't fallen anywhere and my leg armour is untouched :D

#7 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:51 AM

The damage readout is in list form.

The most recent damage done to you is at the bottom.

#8 Edustaja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:59 AM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 17 February 2013 - 05:51 AM, said:

The damage readout is in list form.

The most recent damage done to you is at the bottom.

Well that would be ******** as one would expect the damage be right below the reason you were killed by.

#9 Typhon27

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 210 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina, USA

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:09 AM

View PostMike Townsend, on 17 February 2013 - 12:10 AM, said:

Last match all enemies had been destroyed except one. A Jenner F. I was in a Jenner D. We got into a duel. It didn't last long, and I was not heavily damaged. He won. That's ok. I'm honestly not very good. Except the game shows the "you died" screen and the last damage dealt to me, the killing blow, was from an AC/20. The Jenner F cannot mount ballistics so how the hell did I get killed by an AC 20 mounted on a Jenner F? Not saying I didn't get cockpitted by something, but given that no Jenner variant can mount ballistics, whatever I got killed by couldn't have been an AC/20. There's a bug here somewhere.

Well obviously an un-exploded AC20 shell was lodged in your armor. It was then ignited by the Jenner's weapons :D

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users