26 replies to this topic

#1 Carrion Hound

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 184 posts
  • LocationThe depths of your discontent

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:00 AM

There a concise list of all the available tech out there for 3050 tech? Just curious about what can possibly be coming etc. Sarna.net is pretty good, but it's everything all the way to 3060 etc.

#2 Eric darkstar Marr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 487 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:12 AM

Uhh use the TROs?

Tech wise its pretty easy on sarna type in what you are looking check dates.

Anyways everything we have in the game is about it for now until clan stuff comes about, then you have to wait till at least 3053 before certain prototypes come out.

I think the only things missing are Swarm LRMs Inferno SRMS , basically ammo couple others also ammo based,and 1 mech based artillery system the http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Arrow_IV which could be kinda fun to have in game.

#3 wickwire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • LocationIgnoring The Meta Since 2012

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:19 AM

inferno D:

#4 Carrion Hound

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 184 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:26 AM

Thanks Eric, appreciate the input. From going through sarna. (Have been since this morning), I can confirm your right. The idea of swarm LRMS scares me a little due to current state of the game. The two modes that are offered are more or less 1800's era warfare where both teams line up to slaughter each other. So.. There's that.

Either way, the game's good, but has lots of room for improvement.

Edit: I'd also like to see frankenmechs eventually. Could be fun.

Edited by Carrion Hound, 17 February 2013 - 05:29 AM.

#5 Eric darkstar Marr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 487 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:34 AM

I am feeling generous this morning and took the time to help you with some tech stuff you can look up this was all recovered from the Helms Core in 3039 with production starting early-mid 3040sTRO 2750:
Posted Image

#6 Carrion Hound

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 184 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:36 AM

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Thanks.

#7 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:37 AM

View PostCarrion Hound, on 17 February 2013 - 05:26 AM, said:

Edit: I'd also like to see frankenmechs eventually. Could be fun.

I've always had a burning dislike for the frankenmech rules. Replace an Atlas's legs with those of a Cicada? Hey, it moves 6/9 now! (For those who don't know, that's the ground speed of an unmodded Commando.)

#8 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:48 AM

In other words, very little that we don't already have (MASC and some alternate ammo types)

#9 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:54 AM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 17 February 2013 - 05:48 AM, said:

In other words, very little that we don't already have (MASC and some alternate ammo types)

And blazers if you want to go experimental. 9 tons, 4 crits, 12 damage, 16 heat, 15 hex range. Not sure how it would port over to MWO. The blazer is a double large laser, and larges have had their performance tweaked for MWO.

Also, if you want exact intro/reintro dates, I believe they're in TechManual.

#10 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:02 AM

View PostEscef, on 17 February 2013 - 05:54 AM, said:

And blazers if you want to go experimental. 9 tons, 4 crits, 12 damage, 16 heat, 15 hex range. Not sure how it would port over to MWO. The blazer is a double large laser, and larges have had their performance tweaked for MWO.

Also, if you want exact intro/reintro dates, I believe they're in TechManual.

Actually I don't think the binary laser is experimental anymore. It was experimental two hundred years ago.

#11 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:10 AM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 17 February 2013 - 06:02 AM, said:

Actually I don't think the binary laser is experimental anymore. It was experimental two hundred years ago.

It was experimental during the 3rd SW. TRO Prototypes lists it as having become Tournament Level (roughly equal to the old level 2) in 3077.

Edited by Escef, 17 February 2013 - 06:10 AM.

#12 Eric darkstar Marr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 487 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:14 AM

View PostEscef, on 17 February 2013 - 06:10 AM, said:

It was experimental during the 3rd SW. TRO Prototypes lists it as having become Tournament Level (roughly equal to the old level 2) in 3077.

Nicknamed the Blazer, the Binary Laser Cannon is widely considered a dead-end technology. Taking two large laser cores and fusing them together, the Blazer was designed to fire both cores at the same time, increasing damage penetration. In practice, damage yield proved low compared to the lasers firing separately, and the high heat generated by the Blazer severely taxed available heat sink technology of the time.[/color]

While research on the Blazer started in the Lyran Commonwealth in 2801, actual prototype models first showed up in the Free Worlds League in 2812.[/color]

With the re-introduction of double heat sinks, the Blazer cannon is now a viable weapon.[/color]

With a 16 heat and only 12 damage it was a flop and never went passed the prototype stage. [/color]

There is no way we will get non production line equipment. Pretty simple logic. [/color]

On a side note I did forget to mention the C3 and a few other pieces that went into production around 3050 and found in the TRO 3050.[/color]

Edited by Eric darkstar Marr, 17 February 2013 - 06:14 AM.

#13 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:19 AM

View PostEric darkstar Marr, on 17 February 2013 - 06:14 AM, said:

There is no way we will get non production line equipment. Pretty simple logic.

Then explain the command console.

#14 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:34 AM

View PostEric darkstar Marr, on 17 February 2013 - 06:14 AM, said:

There is no way we will get non production line equipment. Pretty simple logic.

Hence why ECM is closer to Angel ECM then Guardian ECM....

#15 Eric darkstar Marr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 487 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:48 AM

View PostEscef, on 17 February 2013 - 06:19 AM, said:

Then explain the command console.

View PostStormwolf, on 17 February 2013 - 06:34 AM, said:

Hence why ECM is closer to Angel ECM then Guardian ECM....

Okay here is the CC;A Command Console is a BattleMech component that can only be added to Heavy or Assault class 'Mechs; it is too large to fit into smaller 'Mechs. The Command Console adds a complete second set of controls for a second MechWarrior (pilot) with added command and control facilities. (It should not be mixed up with the much smaller Dual Cockpit, which can be installed on any 'Mech and splits 'Mech operation between two people, a pilot and a gunner, and therefore requires both to operate the 'Mech.) The enhanced command and control facilities turn the 'Mech carrying a Command Console into a moving command center typically used by high-level commanders. Star League-vintage Command Consoles are very rare by 3025 because 'Mechs equipped in this way were favored targets in battle. Most still existing were relegated to training duties.
Rare but still around.
As for ECM that is the developers liberalness on design choice of what will work in the game. I like many others have noted this in the past that is is very close to Angel over Guardian ECM and one must wonder if when they were looking at design implementation of it the guy that needed to d othe research looked at angel not knowing gave the specs to a dev who put it in then the guy cross checking named it Guardian not knowing how the devs went with the design? Okay that may be far fetched but one could hope it was a misread on their tech wall.

However the command console has been around for a long time, but without devs assistance I can not answer the ECM as it kind of baffles me also. Angel wasn't even in prototype till 3052.

So no the blazer which was a strict dead end prototype should never be in the game as really there wouldn't be more then 10 ever made

#16 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:57 AM

View PostEric darkstar Marr, on 17 February 2013 - 06:48 AM, said:

So no the blazer which was a strict dead end prototype should never be in the game as really there wouldn't be more then 10 ever made

Except it is regarded as standard tech by 3077 in an official product, and in fact is being mass produced for the MN2-A Sarissa Security mech. Pretty damn good for a "dead end" prototype, wouldn't you say?

#17 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:09 AM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 17 February 2013 - 06:02 AM, said:

its "experimental" because it never got past prototype cuz it was bad weapon.

like the jetpack in real life lol.

#18 Eric darkstar Marr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 487 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:10 AM

View PostEscef, on 17 February 2013 - 06:57 AM, said:

Except it is regarded as standard tech by 3077 in an official product, and in fact is being mass produced for the MN2-A Sarissa Security mech. Pretty damn good for a "dead end" prototype, wouldn't you say?

You are not in a winning position the rule level for it is experimental. Also 3077 is a long way off from this current game by ohh 27 years.

They dug up the tech and tried it out again it is NOT in the field by the BT universe now if you and your friends want to use it that fine and it again falls under.

BTW I own every single book that has been produced for BT/MW universe and have no issue either scanning or using my digital copy to prove a point..
Posted Image

Edited by Eric darkstar Marr, 17 February 2013 - 07:12 AM.

#19 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:18 AM

View PostEric darkstar Marr, on 17 February 2013 - 07:10 AM, said:

You are not in a winning position the rule level for it is experimental.

I am in a winning position.

They dug up the tech and tried it out again it is NOT in the field by the BT universe now if you and your friends want to use it that fine and it again falls under.

At 3050? Of course it isn't in full production. I NEVER said it was at this point in the timeline. Show me where I said otherwise. You are obviously misunderstanding me, if I had realized how badly so I would have corrected that earlier than this.

BTW I own every single book that has been produced for BT/MW universe and have no issue either scanning or using my digital copy to prove a point..

... Ok. I congratulate you on the size of your e-peen and willingness to buy pdfs of hobby books, for these are obviously quite rare achievements. Even more so a willingness to post proof of it. :|

#20 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:22 AM

View PostTennex, on 17 February 2013 - 07:09 AM, said:

its "experimental" because it never got past prototype cuz it was bad weapon.

like the jetpack in real life lol.

Not as bad as real life jetpacks. I've tried them out and the results are very situational. I pulled an AS7-D's AC20 for a blazer, extra sinks, and an extra SRM6 (table top, of course) and tested it out. It wasn't fantastic, but it worked. And in longer engagements the blazer's ammo independence would be worth it. But I don't think it worthwhile to start ripping out large bore ACs from every design and throwing in a blazer.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users