26 replies to this topic

#21 Carrion Hound

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 184 posts
  • LocationThe depths of your discontent

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:24 AM

.... Just.. really? wanted to know what 3050 tech was available to the average mechwarrior.

Seriously guys, the Blazer is.. like a tiny little detail that's been swept under the carpet, not to mention it's not a "production" weapon until 3077 according to Sarna.

Also, why the hostility when someone says they have a collection of stuff related to this specific universe? Chill the foxtrot uniform charlie kilo out man.

#22 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:29 AM

View PostCarrion Hound, on 17 February 2013 - 07:24 AM, said:

Also, why the hostility when someone says they have a collection of stuff related to this specific universe? Chill the foxtrot uniform charlie kilo out man.

Hostility? No, just mild irritation. Especially when someone misunderstands you, does not double check what has been said, and then goes off saying the rule books back up his position when they clearly only would if only I'd been saying what he decided I was saying (instead of what I actually said).

So, yeah, that irritates me.

Also, you could just have said "foxtrot", it would have gotten the word across equally well. :D

#23 Eric darkstar Marr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 487 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:35 AM

View PostEscef, on 17 February 2013 - 07:18 AM, said:

I am in a winning position.

At 3050? Of course it isn't in full production. I NEVER said it was at this point in the timeline. Show me where I said otherwise. You are obviously misunderstanding me, if I had realized how badly so I would have corrected that earlier than this.

... Ok. I congratulate you on the size of your e-peen and willingness to buy pdfs of hobby books, for these are obviously quite rare achievements. Even more so a willingness to post proof of it. :|

I have mostly physical books and last count 120 minis. The misunderstanding came when you implied the blazer should be in game from an earlier statement when you replied to redshift.
None the less odds are very low to ever see it in this game, I know back in Aprilish they made a statement they would never enter the Jihad era, however where there is money to be had we may see it if the top end of the corporation wants to milk it.

So I apologize if you were not referencing to this era, but it seemed implied from the response you had given.

View PostEscef, on 17 February 2013 - 05:54 AM, said:

And blazers if you want to go experimental. 9 tons, 4 crits, 12 damage, 16 heat, 15 hex range. Not sure how it would port over to MWO. The blazer is a double large laser, and larges have had their performance tweaked for MWO.

Also, if you want exact intro/reintro dates, I believe they're in TechManual.

#24 Carrion Hound

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 184 posts
  • LocationThe depths of your discontent

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:37 AM

Also, you could just have said "foxtrot", it would have gotten the word across equally well. :D

Thought that too after I hit the post button.

As for the irritation, it's understood.

#25 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:42 AM

View PostEric darkstar Marr, on 17 February 2013 - 07:35 AM, said:

The misunderstanding came when you implied the blazer should be in game from an earlier statement when you replied to redshift.
None the less odds are very low to ever see it in this game...

Well, I never said it should be, merely said one could count it as 3050 available tech, as it was available as experimental tech (something that would have to proverbially fall of the back of a dropship). I don't expect it either, but stranger things have happened. Rocket Launchers (clan war era Marian tech) show up in Operation Clondike (when the clans under Nicholas Kerensky re-took the Pentagon worlds), and the Snub Nosed PPC (a Jihad era weapon) was also a Star League prototype that disappeared when all them were brought along for the Exodus.

#26 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:52 AM

Well, if you really want to have list, here goes:

Level 1 (Pre-3050)
Weapons
AC2, 5, 10 ,20
MG