Trebuchet 3C: Stock With Case & Xl Engine?

5 replies to this topic

#1 wngsprd

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:29 PM

This doesn't quite make sense to me as a stock loadout. Side torso blown = engine blown = death. Does it matter if CASE can contain the ammo blast within the side torso? Maybe I misunderstood what CASE does...

#2 qki

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts
  • LocationWarsaw

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:31 PM

That's how the canon design was built. While it won't do anything to prevent engine destruction, it does save the repair costs (rather than having the mech completely destroyed), which makes sense in the battletech universe.

#3 BertyBargo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Lucky Seven
  • Lucky Seven
  • 175 posts
  • LocationBurgerland

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:33 PM

The engine or the ammo might blow. If the ammo blew it'd take the engine before its time as it were

#4 wngsprd

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

Ahh ok. That makes sense. Thanks, qki.

#5 Attrition0

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

Currently, XL and CASE are not useful together. The CASE only restricts damage to the side torso it's in, which will still kill an XL engine in the same torso (along with the rest of your mech).

#6 Stingz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Location*SIGNAL LOST*

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

View Postwngsprd, on 19 February 2013 - 01:29 PM, said:

This doesn't quite make sense to me as a stock loadout. Side torso blown = engine blown = death. Does it matter if CASE can contain the ammo blast within the side torso? Maybe I misunderstood what CASE does...

It's so the pilot in TT has more time to escape such a horrible explosion, and repair costs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users