141 replies to this topic

#141 DeaconW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 976 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:57 PM

View PostMao of DC, on 21 February 2013 - 02:43 PM, said:

In my Raven 3L I average 250 damage a match, the most I have done was ~700. Lights CAN do some damage.

No one is arguing that you can't be very effective in lights. I can do well in my COM-2D as well. The key difference is that those were not balanced matches before and collisions have still not returned. Have you played in the 8-man world prior to this patch? Where pretty skilled players matched up but there was no tonnage matchmaker? Once you got above 100 tons of mismatch, in roughly equally skilled matches, the heavier team wins the majority of the time. It's simple firepower. This is what made 8-man so frustrating...many teams would just roll heavies and assaults. This is why the Marik Campaign was so popular with organized groups...you had to play to different weight limits and ECM/streak limitations in "best of 5" mini-tournaments. What needs to happen is an equation that takes *total* weight of a group and the total skill, however that is measured, and match an equivalent group within a certain margin of error. And BTW, for this to really work, you will need to track skill rating for each chassis for each player or it makes even less sense. Or maybe they could just GIVE US A GAME LOBBY(like so many other games) WHERE PLAYERS CAN SELF-ORGANIZE AGAINST EACH OTHER. No MM needed.

#142 Jonathan Paine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

For better or worse, most of us will have to get used to winning and losing equally often. After I cut down on pugging a few hundred matches back, my win/loss ration went from 6/4 to roughly 8/2. Consequently, my starting elo rating was probably very high. Matches got really hard immediately, and my trebuchet projects often result in being beaten flat by ecm/flavor of the month teams.
Tough to feel " mortal" again. Jonesed for my DDC. And then I thought, why not play the mechs I want. Lose a few, sure, but find a level of competition that I enjoy, regardless of mech.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users