Cn9-A: Best Space Gundam?

21 replies to this topic

#1 Emeere

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

Just like the title says. I love the Centurions to pieces, but the A is my favorite variant, anyone else feel the same?

#2 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:32 AM

cant be a gundam without jumpjets :lol:

Im a big fan of the Trebuchet-7M

3 medium pulses
3 streak 2s
jumpjets

or 3 medium lasers
2 srm6s
1 srm2 (narc hole)
jumpjets

Edited by Khobai, 20 February 2013 - 09:34 AM.

#3 Majorfatboy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 623 posts
  • LocationBound and gagged on The Island

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:35 AM

Eyup. The cent-A is My fav variant. I use an AC10, 2 medium lasers, and a SRM4, along with a SD engine endo, ferro, and DS.

Makes a great backup singer for friendly assaults, and does a fine job as a suppression fire platform.

#4 lsp

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,618 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:45 AM

View PostMajorfatboy, on 20 February 2013 - 09:35 AM, said:

Eyup. The cent-A is My fav variant. I use an AC10, 2 medium lasers, and a SRM4, along with a SD engine endo, ferro, and DS.

Makes a great backup singer for friendly assaults, and does a fine job as a suppression fire platform.

You could make that same build with a dragon, but with more armor and a extra 2 mlas.

#5 IronChance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 259 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:56 AM

I hated Centurions for a while, but for some reason chose to rebuild my cent-9A (the only one I had any luck with) about a month or so ago and now it's one of my favorites. 1Xgauss, 3Xsrm2s, 2Xmediums = 40 point alpha that never overheats. Combine that with nice speed and it's one hell of an agile brawler.

#6 Voridan Atreides

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSittin on Turn 3 at Elkhart watchin the Corvettes roar by....I wish. (Stockholm, WI, USA)

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:58 AM

View Postlsp, on 20 February 2013 - 09:45 AM, said:

You could make that same build with a dragon, but with more armor and a extra 2 mlas.

I think your pretty biased towards the Dragon...just an observation.

I love Centurions. I'm not a fan of the D and the YLW but I love A and AL.

#7 Emeere

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:00 AM

My favorite build is the tried and true 3x SRM6 with twin Mlas, with a brand new 275 standard.

#8 Grimlox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 511 posts
  • LocationBC, Canada

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:01 AM

Yes and you'd probably be putting a splat cat or Ilya or AC20 cat etc. on the other team whereas you'd only be giving the other team a medium with the Cent.

#9 Elkarlo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:18 AM

Centurion9-AL is the best Earth Gundam.
not the Weak A.
Running Gundam style Weapons:
2LLaser
2M-Laser
2SRM6

I did my best results for Centurion line. 900+ Damage in one Game and 8 Kills in another.
So it is the best Gundam to have.

Edited by Elkarlo, 20 February 2013 - 10:19 AM.

#10 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:19 AM

Cent-AL is more my flavor.

#11 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:20 AM

View PostEmeere, on 20 February 2013 - 09:29 AM, said:

Just like the title says. I love the Centurions to pieces, but the A is my favorite variant, anyone else feel the same?

Posted Image

#12 Odin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 498 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:40 AM

XL255 @ 90.9 Km/h
3x SRM4
AC10
Heat 1.66
Armour 320

Poor Odin's CN9-AH replacement.
Great dot machine, the AC and 12 SRMs recycle quite nicely - no heat problems.
Love it, but its back is paper thin.

Odin

Edited by Odin, 20 February 2013 - 10:47 AM.

#13 Khanahar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 560 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:42 AM

Centurion is substantially more durable; Dragon has a huge CT. Most Cents take a lot more punishment before going down than do comparable Dragons.

Also, real men run CN9s without any SRMs. Ballistic Centurions are the way to go. And if you really want hero-mode, go LRMs in your missile slots to back up your AC/10 and MLs. As Blake intended. This build will be all the rage once map size moves more definitively in the larger direction. :-)

#14 lsp

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,618 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:11 AM

View PostVoridan Atreides, on 20 February 2013 - 09:58 AM, said:

I think your pretty biased towards the Dragon...just an observation.

I love Centurions. I'm not a fan of the D and the YLW but I love A and AL.

I am indeed. Also to the guy above me, I have no durability issues in my dragon. I don't know how true your statement is, considering dragons have more armor. But I can say this, I have destroyed many many cent's in my drg-1c. And in my opinion, the cent has a much bigger Ct then the dragon, if your looking at it head on.

Start at 4:50 to see the dragons durability, with a xl engine no less. Since you can't see my description on the video here, I will type it out. I made many many mistakes in this video.

Edited by lsp, 20 February 2013 - 11:23 AM.

#15 Voridan Atreides

• 2,149 posts
  • LocationSittin on Turn 3 at Elkhart watchin the Corvettes roar by....I wish. (Stockholm, WI, USA)

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:22 AM

View Postlsp, on 20 February 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

I am indeed. Also to the guy above me, I have no durability issues in my dragon. I don't know how true your statement is, considering dragons have more armor. But I can say this, I have destroyed many many cent's in my drg-1c.

Start at 4:50 to see the dragons durability, with a xl engine no less. Since you can't see my description on the video here, I will type it out. I made many many mistakes in this video.

The Cent is a total zombie mech. I love taking out dragons because of their gigantic CT.

#16 lsp

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,618 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:24 AM

Maybe some day we will be in a match together on opposite teams in our mechs, and we will put that to the test.

#17 Voridan Atreides

• 2,149 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

View Postlsp, on 20 February 2013 - 11:24 AM, said:

Maybe some day we will be in a match together on opposite teams in our mechs, and we will put that to the test.

Fine. ;) Free kill for me than?

#18 Khanahar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 560 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:33 AM

View Postlsp, on 20 February 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

I am indeed. Also to the guy above me, I have no durability issues in my dragon. I don't know how true your statement is, considering dragons have more armor. But I can say this, I have destroyed many many cent's in my drg-1c. And in my opinion, the cent has a much bigger Ct then the dragon, if your looking at it head on.

See, the XL thing is the issue. When I CN9, the only stat I look at when I die is my damage doll. If I played vaguely properly, I will have nothing left but my head and legs (and I give myself bonus points for losing the legs). If I play perfectly (lose front and rear armor roughly simultaneously) that means my armor alone soaked up 224 points of damage without taking ANY leg damage. If I play sub-optimally and take all my damage to my front, its 171 points. (Any BT lore guys wanna let me know how much IS damage I'm taking too?)

Compared to that 171 to 224+Internals, your XL Dragon has a vastly lower capacity. Never mind that your arms are far inferior shields. Assuming you can soak all your hits in your arms, then are killed by CT, you only have about 140 + Internals. Going with my low number, my CN9 is able to take 22% more hits than your DRG. If you fail to soak any arm hits, you die in only 80 + internals, assuming you absorb front and back fully--my CN9 can take 280% as much armor damage with similar assumptions of my ability. At a lower weight class. And quite probably dodging more shots entirely.

Edited by Khanahar, 20 February 2013 - 11:37 AM.

#19 Kraven Kor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:50 AM

Centurion AL has been my fervrit thus far.

Pulse Lazors + SRM's = Murder.

#20 AlexEss

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:01 PM

Lacks beam sabre... Thus it can not be a space gundam.... (arnt all gundams space...? )

20 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 20 guests, 0 anonymous users