Do Ac2S Still Have A Place In This Game?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Signal27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:58 AM

I need your opinion: Do you think AC2s might still be viable on certain builds despite the current shortcomings they suffer from?

I ask because thanks to the new Alpine map, Caustic, and the upcoming Desert map I'm looking for a way to fit longer ranged weapons into my builds. The current mech I'm saving up for is a DDC Atlas with 2 ERPPCs and two AC2s. I figure I can use the AC2s to pepper and harass the target while I wait for the PPCs to recharge for another shot.

#2 Sedant

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 243 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Manitoba

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:04 AM

Yes, that place is called Alpine Peaks. Too bad its like an ultra-rare drop rate atm it seems lol. Very easy to preoccupy and enemy getting pegged with alternating fire from 2-4 AC/2's in the face too as each shot has the ammo explosion and shake effects that all AC's have. Great weapons, they just need a little finesse to use.

Edited by Sedant, 20 February 2013 - 11:12 AM.

#3 Team Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts
  • LocationUrbanmech and Machine Gun Advocate

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:07 AM

They do have a place in this game

#4 PacifistWarrior

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

2 AC2s and 2 ERPPC is going to run pretty hot. If you want pure range and find the PPCs a little hot, try an AC2 and a Gauss in your atlas.

They both have ridiculous range and the rounds travel about the same speed (if not exactly the same). you can use the AC2 as a guide to where your Gauss rounds will go. Also, the AC2 is a little hot while the Gauss produces almost not heat.

#5 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:21 AM

Ac2s actually have a high DPSs, if you maintain constant fire. This comes with high heat as well if you fie them non-stop all day.

for suppression fire or burst fire, you're looking at lower dps but also lower heat, and great long-range harassment (everyone gets confused when hit by an AC2)

#6 CmdrPoopyPants

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 376 posts
  • LocationOshkosh, WI

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:04 PM

I was running 3 AC/2-s on my Hunchback to great effect. Sure they get hot, but that's 12 dps while they're blasting away. I liked it so much that I'm looking at a Catafract 4x with 3xAC/2s on it (4 just gets too hot to manage).. and if that doesn't seem to work like I hope, then I'll try 4xAC/5s in chain, but I doubt I'll like the rate of fire of that. Seems a common build for the 4X is 2xUAC/5 and 2xAC/2, which applies to your question of if the AC/2 is useful.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users