We will be rolling out a hot-fix, currently scheduled for Thursday, June 22nd at 4:00 PM PDT (11 PM UTC), to issue the following fixes:
• Clan ER Large Laser: Fixed an issue where Heat was turned up to 11. It has been returned to 10.
• Competitive Play: Team members can now be manually distributed across all Lances in the pre-drop stage. (Image)
• Competitive Play: Team Names and Team Tags now support the use of hyphens, soft brackets, and apostrophes.
• Floating Chat: Fixed an issue where your own messages could disappear.
• Floating Chat: Fixed an issue where multiple Competitive Team Chat tabs could appear.
• Crab CRB-FL: Fixed an issue where the default Loadout did not come with Double Heat Sinks. Players who spent C-Bills to perform a DHS upgrade on this 'Mech will be reimbursed with this hot-fix.
• Enforcer ENF-GH: Fixed an issue where the default Loadout did not come with Double Heat Sinks. Players who spent C-Bills to perform a DHS upgrade on this 'Mech will be reimbursed with this hot-fix.
• King Crab KGC-KJ: Fixed an issue where the KGC had Lower Arm and Hand Actuators.
• Quickdraw QKD-IV4: Fixed an issue where the IV4 Armor Quirks were converted to Structure Quirks in the May patch. Previous Armor Quirks have been restored.
• UrbanMech UM-K9: Fixed an issue where the police siren and cockpit light would be removed when performing a Strip All Cockpit Items command. If you encountered this error, your K9 has been repaired.
• UrbanMech (all variants): Fixed an issue where AC/10, AC/20, and Ultra AC/5 weaponry could appear separated from the Hardpoint. A piece of connecting geometry was missing.
• Skill Tree: Fixed an issue where the UAC Jam Chance Node name and description were conveying information related to new tech/RACs releasing in July.
Patch Files (Direct Download)
To make the patching process easier for players with limited download caps, we'll be providing direct download links for the patch file(s) that comprise this patch. This will allow you to download the patch file(s) elsewhere, for manual injection into the MWO patcher through a Patch Cache folder.
Aside from allowing you to download the patch file(s) elsewhere, on another connection, there are no additional benefits to performing the patch this way; the patching process itself will be the same.
This direct patch download process will only work for players running the standalone client. It does not apply to players running MWO through Steam.
Patch File(s): To be provided when hot-fix is released.
How to use these patch files
• Download the above file(s)
• For sake of ease we recommend creating a dedicated folder for the patch file(s), such as 'MWO Patch Cache'
• You do not need to unzip or unpack the patch file(s)
• Launch the standard MWO launcher or MWO Portal
• If launching with the standard MWO Launcher, click the gear icon in the top right of the launcher window. If launching with the new MWO Portal, select the three horizontal lines in the top left of the Portal Window
• Choose the 'Specify Patch File Cache' option
• In the field that appears, paste or enter the location in which you saved the patch file(s) and hit OK
• For example, C:\Users\<username>\Documents\MWO Patch Cache
• Click the blue Patch button
• The launcher will now check the Patch Cache folder you defined. If it locates the required patch files, it will unpack and use those files to apply the patch.
• Once the patch is complete, launch the game